Transcript 11/3/2017 - Raj Dhuwalia (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/3/2017 - Raj Dhuwalia (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA

Raj scored the highest among Americans competing in the World Trivia Championship. He is going for $50,000 and has used his +1 lifeline.

$50,000: Wildly outnumbering humans and boasting about 1 million species, an estimated 4 out of 5 living animals on earth are nematodes, a type of what?
A - fish
B - mosquito
C - worm
D - ant
Spoiler
Answer: C (worm)

$100,000: Before fingerprinting became widespread, law enforcement relied heavily on the Bertillon System, which identified criminals how?
A - by measuring various body parts
B - by recording their voices
C - by measuring exact weight
D - by taking hair samples
Spoiler
Answer: A (by measuring various body parts)

commercial break

$250,000: One of the longest words in the Bible, Mahershalalhashbaz is the name of a character in which book?
A - Exodus
B - Job
C - Isaiah
D - Judges

Raj hasn't read any of these books so he uses his 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": A & C

Spoiler
Answer: C (Isaiah)

commercial break

$500,000: Saying they didn't have room for it, in 1956 New York's Museum of Modern Art rejected a free Andy Warhol drawing of what?
A - an ice cream cone
B - a shoe
C - a telephone booth
D - a dog

Raj asks the audience.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 20%
B - 13%
C - 42%
D - 25%

Raj isn't willing to take the risk with that distribution so he opts to walk away
Spoiler
Answer: B (a shoe)

commercial break

MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": Forty-three years old when audiences saw him don the mask and cape for the first time, which of these actors was the oldest when he first portrayed Batman?
A - Michael Keaton
B - George Clooney
C - Christian Bale
D - Ben Affleck
Spoiler
Answer: D (Ben Affleck)

commercial break
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 11/3/2017 - Raj Dhuwalia

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:52 pm

100K: Hair samples require chemical analysis. That early on it would have been pretty simple chemistry. Recording industry in its infancy too. Like contestant I thought "weight isn't static". Its a free Q; go for body parts.

250K: Have 50/50 left. I was going for Isaiah but unlike contestant would never had risked money here.

500K: Would never have seen Q but my choice would have been full-sized phone booth.

Raj is the kind of great contestant we'd see more of if they went more for trivia experts instead of perky-perky. And he wasn't hard to look at either, which I'm sure did figure into their choice.

More power to him.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/3/2017 - Raj Dhuwalia

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA

Raj scored the highest among Americans competing in the World Trivia Championship. He is going for $50,000 and has used his +1 lifeline.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$250,000: One of the longest words in the Bible, Mahershalalhashbaz is the name of a character in which book?
A - Exodus
B - Job
C - Isaiah
D - Judges

Raj hasn't read any of these books so he uses his 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": A & C

Spoiler
Answer: C (Isaiah)
elwing and I joked about naming our 4th son this.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500,000: Saying they didn't have room for it, in 1956 New York's Museum of Modern Art rejected a free Andy Warhol drawing of what?
A - an ice cream cone
B - a shoe
C - a telephone booth
D - a dog

Raj asks the audience.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 20%
B - 13%
C - 42%
D - 25%

Raj isn't willing to take the risk with that distribution so he opts to walk away
Spoiler
Answer: B (a shoe)
I would still have my 50:50 and +1 and would use them in that order.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

K.P.

Re: Transcript 11/3/2017 - Raj Dhuwalia (carryover)

#4 Post by K.P. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks to an episode of "Pawn Stars", I knew that Warhol had sort of a "shoe movement". Not sure if I could pull the trigger that he didn't do the others as well, but I'd definitely consider it.