WWTBAM Bored
http://wwtbambored.com/

Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54858
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BBTranscriptTeam [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

(Yet another) Whiz Kids Week
Shiva Oswal
Cupertino, CA

13 years old
Got a perfect score on the math section of the SAT at age 11


$500 :
A geologist would likely be LEAST helpful for answering questions about which of the following?
A: Granite boulders B: Precious stones
C: Igneous rocks D: Fruity Pebbles

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Fruity Pebbles



$1000 :
A subtle hint that he's one of the good guys, the name of which of these characters from the "Transformers" movies roughly translates to "Best First"?
A: Rampage B: Devastator
C: Optimus Prime D: Bonecrusher

[Reveal] Spoiler:
C: Optimus Prime



$2000 :
Whose website includes an FAQ section that answers such questions as "Why isn't that alligator moving, is it dead or fake"?
A: Gateway Arch B: Central Park
C: Dodger Stadium D: Everglades National Park

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Everglades National Park



$3000 :
In chemistry class you can enjoy all the primary colors just by observing sulfur, since it turns blue, is yellow when solid and melts into what color liquid?
A: Orange B: Violet
C: Green D: Red

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Red



$5000 :
Popular at Chipotle, carnitas consists of crisp shredded roast pork and literally means what in Spanish?
A: Little pieces B: Little meats
C: Little strings D: Little mouthfuls


[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: Little meats


first break

$7000 :
Which of the following fictional comic book characters has won a Pulitzer Prize?
A: Bruce Wayne B: Clark Kent
C: Tony Stark D: Bruce Banner

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Use of new lifeline specific to Whiz Kids Week
"Cut the Question" replaces it with an easier question per Chris.

Answer
B: Clark Kent



replacement $7000 :
Allowing users to exercise free speech on their wall posts, according to a Virginia court, "liking" something on Facebook is now protected by the what?
A: First Amendment B: Second Amendment
C: Third Amendment D: Fourth Amendment


[Reveal] Spoiler:
A: First Amendment



$10K :
Now that the test has reverted from a 2400-point scale back to a 1600-point scale, which of these represents a perfect SAT score in Roman numerals?
A: MVIC B: CLX
C: MDC D: XVIC

[Reveal] Spoiler:
C: MDC



$20K :
There has never been a U.S. President whose last name has either started or ended with which of the following letters?
A: D B: P
C: Y D: I

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: I


Second break

$30K :
Which of the following is NOT an anagram for the closest planet to the Sun, nor subatomic particles the Sun creates, NOR all of space and time?
A: Iron Tunes B: Sir Venue
C: Topaz Ski Car D: Curry Me

[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
A: Iron Tunes
C: Topaz Ski Car

Those are the two he had narrowed it to, then he figured it out


[Reveal] Spoiler:
C: Topaz Ski Car



$50K :
Which of the following countries do NOT border each other at all?
A: Uruguay and Paraguay B: Romania and Bulgaria
C: Afghanistan and Pakistan D: Niger and Nigeria

[Reveal] Spoiler:
A: Uruguay and Paraguay


Third break

Though he's synonymous wiith "Thug Life," who studied ballet in high school and starred as The Mouse King in "The Nutcracker"?
A: Tupac Shakur B: The Notorious B.I.G.
C: Ice Cube D: Eazy-E

[Reveal] Spoiler: QotD
A: Tupac Shakur



$100K :
If the Earth's 4.54 billion-year history were condensed into a single year, Jesus wouldn't show up until New Year's Eve at approximately what time?
A: One hour before midnight B: 15 minutes before midnight
C: One minute before midnight D: 15 seconds before midnight

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: 15 seconds before midnight


Shiva will return tomorrow with ATA and +1 available going for $250K

Author:  ghostjmf [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

7K: Kent, reporter, is likeliest. I missed this one when the committee announced it.

100K: can't switch this one, huh. I could go through the motions but not sure I'd actually get it. Might need 50/50 for assurance.

Author:  earendel [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
(Yet another) Whiz Kids Week
Shiva Oswal
Cupertino, CA

13 years old
Got a perfect score on the math section of the SAT at age 11


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7000 :
Which of the following fictional comic book characters has won a Pulitzer Prize?
A: Bruce Wayne B: Clark Kent
C: Tony Stark D: Bruce Banner
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Use of new lifeline specific to Whiz Kids Week
"Cut the Question" replaces it with an easier question per Chris.

Answer
B: Clark Kent

Shiva said he didn't read comic books much. I guess "mild-mannered reporter" isn't a commonplace any more.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
replacement $7000 :
Allowing users to exercise free speech on their wall posts, according to a Virginia court, "liking" something on Facebook is now protected by the what?
A: First Amendment B: Second Amendment
C: Third Amendment D: Fourth Amendment
[Reveal] Spoiler:
A: First Amendment

On the screen the word "Virginia" was misspelled as "Virgina".

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$20K :
There has never been a U.S. President whose last name has either started or ended with which of the following letters?
A: D B: P
C: Y D: I
[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: I

This seems pretty obvious on the surface - Shiva started naming all the presidents.

Author:  Estonut [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

ghostjmf wrote:
7K: Kent, reporter, is likeliest. I missed this one when the committee announced it.
They didn't. The award, like the recipient, was fictional.

Author:  ghostjmf [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

Estonut:

Re Clark Kent's Pulitzer:

I was being sarcastic, but it looks like you couldn't tell that.

Author:  Estonut [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

ghostjmf wrote:
Estonut:

Re Clark Kent's Pulitzer:

I was being sarcastic, but it looks like you couldn't tell that.
I was being sarcastic, but it looks like you couldn't tell that.

Author:  CarShark [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 11/14/17 Shiva Oswal (Whiz Kid)

I know it's a relatively small thing in the grand scheme of the show, but I wish they would actually dim the lights for the high-level questions. We don't need to see the audience milling about in the background.

This kid was a pretty cool customer. Always great to see them doing well on Whiz Kids week. I worry that they will take it upon themselves to not use help, even when they need it, just to show that they belong.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/