Trump's new low

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump's new low

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am

ABC News wrote:The Trump administration plans to allow hunters to import trophies of elephants they killed in Zimbabwe and Zambia back to the United States, reversing a ban put in place by the Obama administration in 2014, a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official confirmed to ABC News today.

Savanna elephant populations declined by 30 percent across 18 countries in Africa from 2007 to 2014, according to the Great Elephant Census published last year, which put their remaining numbers at just over 350,000.

The elephant population declined 6 percent overall in Zimbabwe but dropped by 74 percent within one specific region. Elephants saw "substantial declines along the Zambezi River," in Zambia while other areas of that country were stable, according to the census.

The ban was originally imposed because Zimbabwe, one of the most corrupt nations on Earth, could not show that its management of elephants enhanced the elephant population, nor could they demonstrate any ability to implement or enforce laws designed to protect that population. However the regime did enjoy the influx of cash from “hunting advocacy organizations" shuttling in wealthy Americans eager to “hunt" endangered species and bring their severed body parts home to impress their friends and neighbors.
Trump’s son posing with his “trophy" elephant’s tail.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jaybee

Re: Trump's new low

#2 Post by jaybee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

OK, I'm gonna ask: Just how does one display a 'trophy' elephant tail?

It's pretty typical to see animal heads - all kinds from lions to deer. And smaller animals are usually posed full body. Even fish get a full body treatment. (some even sing!). But just what, exactly does one do with an elephant tail?
Jaybee

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:36 pm

The phrase "horse's ass" springs to mind.

If you're going to be an elephant's ass, I guess you need the tail to go with it.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:06 pm

jaybee wrote:OK, I'm gonna ask: Just how does one display a 'trophy' elephant tail?

It's pretty typical to see animal heads - all kinds from lions to deer. And smaller animals are usually posed full body. Even fish get a full body treatment. (some even sing!). But just what, exactly does one do with an elephant tail?
Probably lets daddy whip him with it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 am

annnnnd Ghost wins for the bestest burn ever :lol:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am

a1mamacat wrote:annnnnd Ghost wins for the bestest burn ever :lol:

I think you both need to get out more. :roll:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#7 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:53 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:annnnnd Ghost wins for the bestest burn ever :lol:

I think you both need to get out more. :roll:
Nah, just finding a way to express distaste for cowardly trophy hunters.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:48 am

Trump has called it off. At least for now. Can we hear a 'way to go'?

No, I don't think so. Just more grade school insults, I'm sure.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Trump has called it off. At least for now. Can we hear a 'way to go'?

I am giving him credit for putting it on hold, but it should never have been lifted in the first place.

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Trump has called it off. At least for now. Can we hear a 'way to go'?

He should get a "way to go" for holding off on what should have been an obvious thing never to do?

That's like saying "Trump was going to make it legal for you to kill people you don't like, but he's put it on hold for now".
1979 City of Champions 2009

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:56 pm

Jeemie wrote:

He should get a "way to go" for holding off on what should have been an obvious thing never to do?

That's like saying "Trump was going to make it legal for you to kill people you don't like, but he's put it on hold for now".
Only if you think killing elephants is equal to killing people. I don't.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

BackInTex wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Only if you think killing elephants is equal to killing people. I don't.
If it wasn't so sad, I'd have to laugh at the fact that some of the same people who find trophy hunting abhorrent are the same who are fine with abortion on demand. The sanctity of animal life must be protected, but humans, not so much.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire