WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4064
Susan Jann
Bristol, Pa.

$500
At Caesars Palace here in Las Vegas, rubbing the Statue of David’s big toe is said to bring you what?
A: Good luck B: Athlete’s foot
C: A tax audit D: Odd looks from Security

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Good luck


$1,000
Decades after the song was released, the Nat’l Music Publishers Assn. moved to “correct the record” by giving a co-writing credit for John Lennon’s “Imagine” to whom?
A: Lady Gaga B: Carrie Underwood
C: Yoko Ono D: “Weird Al” Yankovic

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Yoko Ono


$2,000
Boasting more than 8.5 million users, Grubhub.com is a website where customers can order what?
A: Food B: Hubcaps
C: Insect larvae D: Husbands

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Food


$3,000
For a mere $18,500 a year you can now drive a brand new luxury car every month, thanks to a subscription service from what division of General Motors?
A: GMC B: Buick
C: Cadillac D: Chevrolet

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Cadillac


$5,000
In the finale of which popular NBC show do the graduates of Bayside High travel to Las Vegas to watch Kelly and Zack finally get hitched?
A: The Wonder Years B: Beverly Hills 90210
C: Saved By The Bell D: Freaks and Geeks

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Saved By The Bell


$7,000
Which phrase best applies to the biological and personal identification of a “cisgendered” person?
A: Female identifying as male B: Male identifying as female
C: Female identifying as female D: No gender identification preference

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Female identifying as female


Commercial break

$10,000
In what Central American country was the long-standing Somoza dynasty overthrown by the Sandinistas in 1979?
A: Panama B: El Salvador
C: Guatemala D: Nicaragua

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Nicaragua


$20,000
After the original version of the team moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens in 1996, which team re-joined the NFL, under its old name, 3 years later?
A: Houston Oilers B: Cleveland Browns
C: Indianapolis Colts D: Los Angeles Rams

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 10% B: 37% C: 31% D: 22%


[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 leaves the Browns and Colts.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
The audience redeems itself.
B: Cleveland Browns


Commercial break

QotD
The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak is the nemesis of what children’s cartoon character?
A: Strawberry Shortcake B: Rainbow Brite
C: My Little Pony D: Smurfette

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Strawberry Shortcake


$30,000
In the 2016 animated movie “Kubo and the Two Strings,” the hero Kubo plays music on what traditional stringed Japanese instrument (that usually has 3 strings)?
A: Koto B: Shamisen
C: Taiko D: Shakuhachi

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Shamisen


$50,000
Just like New York’s largest city is New York City, the most populous city in three of these states also contains the state’s name. Which one does NOT?
A: Oklahoma B: Iowa
C: Virginia D: Indiana

Susan knows Oklahoma City and Indianapolis are the largest cities in their states, but she’s not sure about Virginia Beach and Iowa City.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
Susan answers C: Virginia.
The correct answer is B: Iowa.
Susan wins $5,000.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Merion, Pa.
I lucked out last Wednesday when I only had to transcribe 7 questions (including the QotD). This episode had 17 wordy questions! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6374
5K: ATA

20K: Not Oilers or Rams. 50/50 prob no he!p. +1

30K: 50/50. If it leaves Koto I'm screwed. Sorry, I only know Chinese stringed instruments.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 16
Sorry that Sue did not use me to get Iowa (I knew that Des Moines was the largest city in Iowa.But she was hoping to go further up the ladder and was saving me for a higher value question.
Oh well, she played a great game. Congratulations!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Merion, Pa.
ulysses1950 wrote:
Sorry that Sue did not use me to get Iowa (I knew that Des Moines was the largest city in Iowa.But she was hoping to go further up the ladder and was saving me for a higher value question.
Oh well, she played a great game. Congratulations!
Too bad we didn't get to see you in action. Have a great Turkey Day.
And ... FOUND IT!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 16
jarnon wrote:
ulysses1950 wrote:
Sorry that Sue did not use me to get Iowa (I knew that Des Moines was the largest city in Iowa.But she was hoping to go further up the ladder and was saving me for a higher value question.
Oh well, she played a great game. Congratulations!
Too bad we didn't get to see you in action. Have a great Turkey Day.
And ... FOUND IT!


Still playing that game???

I am on twice more (a Plus 1 is allowed to be on the air twice a season)...I am unused in one of the upcoming shows and I am used in the other.

...oh, so there are two more times to play THAT game...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Merion, Pa.
ulysses1950 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
ulysses1950 wrote:
Sorry that Sue did not use me to get Iowa (I knew that Des Moines was the largest city in Iowa.But she was hoping to go further up the ladder and was saving me for a higher value question.
Oh well, she played a great game. Congratulations!
Too bad we didn't get to see you in action. Have a great Turkey Day.
And ... FOUND IT!


Still playing that game???

I am on twice more (a Plus 1 is allowed to be on the air twice a season)...I am unused in one of the upcoming shows and I am used in the other.

...oh, so there are two more times to play THAT game...
I'm the only one who still plays, so it isn't much fun anymore.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 pm
Posts: 340
$20K: I'd have sped head-first into the Baltimore Colts trap, and said my goodbyes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8600
Location: Garden Grove, CA
K.P. wrote:
$20K: I'd have sped head-first into the Baltimore Colts trap, and said my goodbyes.
Huh? That would mean that the Baltimore Colts moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens in 1996 and then re-joined the NFL 3 years later as the Baltimore Colts?!?!

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 pm
Posts: 340
Estonut wrote:
K.P. wrote:
$20K: I'd have sped head-first into the Baltimore Colts trap, and said my goodbyes.
Huh? That would mean that the Baltimore Colts moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens in 1996 and then re-joined the NFL 3 years later as the Baltimore Colts?!?!


Knowing nothing about the Browns' history, I saw Baltimore and Colts and didn't think twice.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12248
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Susan Jann
Bristol, Pa.


Nihil obstat®.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 pm
Posts: 68
K.P. wrote:
Estonut wrote:
K.P. wrote:
$20K: I'd have sped head-first into the Baltimore Colts trap, and said my goodbyes.
Huh? That would mean that the Baltimore Colts moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens in 1996 and then re-joined the NFL 3 years later as the Baltimore Colts?!?!


Knowing nothing about the Browns' history, I saw Baltimore and Colts and didn't think twice.

Same mistake here.... I actually said out loud to my wife while watching "Hey, I know a sports question!" because as soon as they asked the question, I thought the answer was connected to the old-school team of Baltimore Colts and when Indianapolis Colts was an option, I didn't even think it through, just said I knew it...

A minute later, I said to my wife, "Yeah, I didn't know that sports question..." :-(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob78164, silvercamaro and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.