The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: The Harvey List

#301 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 pm

earendel wrote:So now that the woman has come forward, and there is evidence that she reported this to a therapist years ago, does this change anyone's opinion? Of course not.
She reported an assault by four men (according to the therapist). But she never (conveniently) gave names. She in essence had a wild card (accusation) ready to be used when needed. Since all other efforts to thwart the appointment have failed, the DNC machine called in the wild card.

Is that what I believe? I don't know. I'm trying to keep from having an opinion on the truthfulness of the accusation because I believe it to be irrelevant.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#302 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:So now that the woman has come forward, and there is evidence that she reported this to a therapist years ago, does this change anyone's opinion? Of course not.
It changed my opinion.
As Beebs would say: Oh, Please....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#303 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:03 pm

BackInTex wrote: Since all other efforts to thwart the appointment have failed, the DNC machine called in the wild card.
It's good to know that at least 50 Senators had let you know that they intended to vote to confirm Cavanaugh before all this came out.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#304 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 pm

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
It changed my opinion.
You supported Kavanaugh before this?
No, I was waiting for more proof of Dr. Ford's allegation. It was sounding like just "he said, she said."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#305 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: Since all other efforts to thwart the appointment have failed, the DNC machine called in the wild card.
It's good to know that at least 50 Senators had let you know that they intended to vote to confirm Cavanaugh before all this came out.
Feinstein knew about this since July. As Sen Kennedy has said, she said nothing about it when she met with him privately, she said nothing about it during the closed committee meetings, and she said nothing about it during the confirmation hearings. Then she conveniently brings it up AFTER the hearings. The pure as snow democrats have publicly announced before the hearings that they would do whatever they could possibly do to delay and sabotage the confirmation. They used the hearings as a political circus with their idiotic outbursts, both from the podium and the audience, and an audition for the next presidential election. If they were truly concerned about this woman's well being, they would have confronted Kavanaugh privately about it. The dems have established a long record of using sexual accusations as a political tool.

Excuse us for our suspicion.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#306 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: It changed my opinion.
No, I was waiting for more proof of Dr. Ford's allegation. It was sounding like just "he said, she said."
Oh, please. Don't try and convince anybody that you had an open mind. We know better.

silverscreenselect

#307 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:32 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Feinstein knew about this since July. As Sen Kennedy has said, she said nothing about it when she met with him privately, she said nothing about it during the closed committee meetings, and she said nothing about it during the confirmation hearings. Then she conveniently brings it up AFTER the hearings.
My view is that there is probably some degree of political theater involved here. If so, so what? The Republicans gave up any right to complain about pulling stunts in the judicial nominating process when they wouldn't even grant Merrick Garland a hearing. I didn't hear you complaining about how unfair what they were doing two years ago was.

It looks like Diane Feinstein outplayed Charles Grassley on this one and let Republicans once again demonstrate how cretinous their behavior can be (see Donald Trump, Jr.) for the benefit of the public that will be voting in less than two months.

BackInTex

#308 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: It changed my opinion.
How does it not sound like that now? What’s changed? It’s now Brett said, Christine said?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#309 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:00 pm

My view is that there is probably some degree of political theater involved here.
Here is the closest aSShole has ever come to veering from the strict leftist narrative. Congratulations! Maybe someday you can learn to think for yourself!!!!!

Bob Juch

#310 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote: You supported Kavanaugh before this?
How does it not sound like that now? What’s changed? It’s now Brett said, Christine said?
Supporting evidence.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#311 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 am

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: No, I was waiting for more proof of Dr. Ford's allegation. It was sounding like just "he said, she said."
Supporting evidence.
What are you calling "supporting evidence" besides the "she said"?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#312 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
My view is that there is probably some degree of political theater involved here.
Here is the closest aSShole has ever come to veering from the strict leftist narrative. Congratulations! Maybe someday you can learn to think for yourself!!!!!
This entire confirmation process has been game playing by Grassley and McConnell. The Democrats are finally fighting fire with fire and they've got what they want, a public forum narrowed down to an issue that the public understands a lot better than most of what was argued during the earlier hearings.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#313 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:16 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Supporting evidence.
The clear evidence that this account is not a recent invention. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#314 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Supporting evidence.
What "clear" evidence Bob? What evidence is not "she said"?

This is a simple question. Is there ANY evidence that is NOT "she said"? If so, what?

"She said" years ago is still "she said".
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#315 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Supporting evidence.
The evidence is not clear. You are supposedly a lawyer. And above average one by your own account. No specific date, no time, no specific location, no physical evidence. The other named witness denies it ever happened. Guilty until proven innocent? How can this be proven or disproven? If this was in the legal system it would certainly fail because of lack of evidence. So the dems brought it into the court of public opinion, where they can control it. Can't you see that?

The intent here is obvious. This man had an impeccable reputation up to this point in his life. Because he is not of the correct political persuasion for a certain segment of the population and it looks like he will be appointed to the Supreme Court, it is imperative to find some way of keeping him off the Court. Whether it destroys his reputation is irrelevant.

silverscreenselect

#316 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: This man had an impeccable reputation up to this point in his life.
Well, if you had been listening to the confirmation hearings instead of just parroting Breitbart's take on it, you would realize that there's at the least, a substantial question whether he committed perjury during the hearings, not to mention his possible cover-up of his former mentor's sexual misconduct, a point which looks even worse now that he may have some skeletons in his own closet.

And while the evidence of the assault isn't "clear" in the sense that it took place 35 years ago, it's quite clear that this isn't something that Feinstein and the Democrats cooked up in the last couple of months or that this woman invented recently to make Kavanaugh look bad.

So, Kavanaugh is not the second coming of Oliver Wendell Holmes. The Republicans knew that going in, which is why they tried to persuade Trump to pick someone else. So, don't put all this on the Democrats.

flockofseagulls104

#317 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:08 am

it's quite clear that this isn't something that Feinstein and the Democrats cooked up in the last couple of months or that this woman invented recently to make Kavanaugh look bad.
Really? Outside the echo chamber, that's exactly what it looks like.

Bob Juch

#318 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

it's quite clear that this isn't something that Feinstein and the Democrats cooked up in the last couple of months or that this woman invented recently to make Kavanaugh look bad.
You need your eyes checked.

flockofseagulls104

#319 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: This man had an impeccable reputation up to this point in his life.
Well, if you had been listening to the confirmation hearings instead of just parroting Breitbart's take on it, you would realize that there's at the least, a substantial question whether he committed perjury during the hearings, not to mention his possible cover-up of his former mentor's sexual misconduct, a point which looks even worse now that he may have some skeletons in his own closet.

And while the evidence of the assault isn't "clear" in the sense that it took place 35 years ago, it's quite clear that this isn't something that Feinstein and the Democrats cooked up in the last couple of months or that this woman invented recently to make Kavanaugh look bad.

So, Kavanaugh is not the second coming of Oliver Wendell Holmes. The Republicans knew that going in, which is why they tried to persuade Trump to pick someone else. So, don't put all this on the Democrats.
WHATABOUT ALERT! WHATABOUT ALERT!

You conveniently ignore the FACT that there is no evidence, only an accusation. Anyone can make an accusation. That's why we have courts, judges, juries and unfortunately, lawyers. To decide whether the accusation is true. Democrats, when they don't have a valid legal argument, sling it out to the media, which they control.

flockofseagulls104

#320 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

Bob Juch wrote:
You need your eyes checked.
You need your brain replaced.

silverscreenselect

#321 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You conveniently ignore the FACT that there is no evidence, only an accusation. Anyone can make an accusation.
You just flunked Evidence 101. An eyewitness statement is evidence. As it now stands, it might not be admissible in a criminal proceeding as unsworn, but if and when she repeats it under oath at the upcoming hearing, it would certainly be admissible evidence.

As for your screaming Whatabout, there is no Whatabout here. There's only this one confirmation hearing and this one eyewitness accuser.

As for how the public will view this, their point of view is quite different from those who have their heads stuck up the right wing noise machine like you.

flockofseagulls104

#322 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 am

You just flunked Evidence 101. An eyewitness statement is evidence. As it now stands, it might not be admissible in a criminal proceeding as unsworn, but if and when she repeats it under oath at the upcoming hearing, it would certainly be admissible evidence.
Um, unless I am mistaken, the hearing is not a court of law. I could accuse you at any time of ,say, holding me at gunpoint and stealing cash out of my wallet sometime in the 1990s. I don't remember where it was, I don't remember when it was, but I KNOW it happened and it was you. and it was $103 dollars. Prove you didn't do it. Let's have an investigation.

flockofseagulls104

#323 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:52 am

As for how the public will view this...
The determination of guilt or innocence of a criminal complaint is not up to the public. That is called mob rule. That is apparently what democrats dream of and why they use these things as a tool.

This is an accusation that cannot be proven or disproven, unless a blue dress suddenly appears. Which is exactly what the democrats need to postpone or scuttle the hearings, which is exactly what they announced they were going to do before the hearings began.

flockofseagulls104

#324 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am

right wing noise machine like you.
I got you babe

silverscreenselect

#325 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:02 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I could accuse you at any time of ,say, holding me at gunpoint and stealing cash out of my wallet sometime in the 1990s. I don't remember where it was, I don't remember when it was, but I KNOW it happened and it was you. and it was $103 dollars.
That is evidence. You were an eyewitness to the robbery. It might not be very credible evidence, since the finder of fact might reject it out of hand, but it is evidence.

Eventually (unless he withdraws or Trump pulls his nomination), it will be up to the individual Senators to weigh the evidence and determine whether, in their opinion, Kavanaugh is fit to serve on the Supreme Court.