The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: The Harvey List

#176 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm

No comments on Lisa Bloom. I guess cause the left wing media has ignored it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#177 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:No comments on Lisa Bloom. I guess cause the left wing media has ignored it.
What left-wing media do you read/view/listen to?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#178 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:45 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:No comments on Lisa Bloom. I guess cause the left wing media has ignored it.
The Lisa Bloom "story" was only a story because right wing sources like The Hill and Fox News tried to turn a lot of nothing into something as usual.

But, here is Bloom's defense of herself:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rd-1068352
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#179 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

That's because there's literally nothing to see here. An attorney who receives an offer on behalf of her client has a professional obligation to present the offer to her client. If she hadn't presented those offers, she'd have been in violation of ethics rules. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#180 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The Lisa Bloom "story" was only a story because right wing sources like The Hill and Fox News tried to turn a lot of nothing into something as usual.
I looked at many articles about The Hill when this story broke. It was started by a Democrat and now is run by his son. The first page of Google hits regarding the politics of The Hill list it as left- or center-leaning. I have yet to find one that lists it as right wing.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

mrkelley23

#181 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The Lisa Bloom "story" was only a story because right wing sources like The Hill and Fox News tried to turn a lot of nothing into something as usual.
I looked at many articles about The Hill when this story broke. It was started by a Democrat and now is run by his son. The first page of Google hits regarding the politics of The Hill list it as left- or center-leaning. I have yet to find one that lists it as right wing.
I was going to question this too. The Hill is one of many places I have read, and I have never thought of it as anything other than, at best, a center-left publication.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Estonut
Evil Genius

#182 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
That's because there's literally nothing to see here. An attorney who receives an offer on behalf of her client has a professional obligation to present the offer to her client. If she hadn't presented those offers, she'd have been in violation of ethics rules.
I've always understood that to refer to a settlement offer from the defendant. Does she have no responsibility to report a third-party offer to support her client, but only if the client agrees to testify a certain way? What if she, her mom or Hillary solicited such offers?
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#183 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
That's because there's literally nothing to see here. An attorney who receives an offer on behalf of her client has a professional obligation to present the offer to her client. If she hadn't presented those offers, she'd have been in violation of ethics rules.
I've always understood that to refer to a settlement offer from the defendant. Does she have no responsibility to report a third-party offer to support her client, but only if the client agrees to testify a certain way? What if she, her mom or Hillary solicited such offers?
Certainly not in California, which has particularly robust protection of the attorney-client relationship. If an attorney receives an offer that's illegal or for some other reason improper, whether and how to publicize it is entirely the client's decision to make. With very limited exceptions that this situation doesn't come close to (given that the offer wasn't accepted), the attorney's sole responsibility is to advance the client's best interests as the client determines them to be.

An attorney may not act on behalf of her client to make or solicit an offer that would clearly be in violation of the law or ethics, but that's different from the situation here, where the offer is being made to the client by someone else. Reading between the lines here, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Bloom advised her client not to accept the offer because it was improper. But we'll probably never know for sure because she'd be bound by privilege not to discuss that advice. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#184 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
I was going to question this too. The Hill is one of many places I have read, and I have never thought of it as anything other than, at best, a center-left publication.
Regardless of what the reputation of The Hill in general, John Solomon (who wrote the article) is the former editor-in-chief of the Washington Times. His other recent investigative efforts lately have dealt largely with attempts to tie Hillary and Obama into the Russian uranium "scandal." Here are Lisa Bloom's comments about Solomon:

https://www.thewrap.com/lisa-bloom-slam ... s-article/

Estonut
Evil Genius

#185 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:
Estonut wrote:I looked at many articles about The Hill when this story broke. It was started by a Democrat and now is run by his son. The first page of Google hits regarding the politics of The Hill list it as left- or center-leaning. I have yet to find one that lists it as right wing.
Regardless of what the reputation of The Hill in general, John Solomon (who wrote the article) is the former editor-in-chief of the Washington Times. His other recent investigative efforts lately have dealt largely with attempts to tie Hillary and Obama into the Russian uranium "scandal." Here are Lisa Bloom's comments about Solomon:

Really? She is the accusee. An opinion from most anyone else might be more reliable.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#186 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Estonut wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:I was going to question this too. The Hill is one of many places I have read, and I have never thought of it as anything other than, at best, a center-left publication.

Really? She is the accusee. An opinion from most anyone else might be more reliable.
I've now read the story on The Hill. There is no there there. No one was offered money for testifying in a certain way, and each of the women (including the one who served as the primary source of the story) confirmed that Bloom never asked anyone to say anything that she didn't believe to be the truth. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#187 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Estonut wrote: Really? She is the accusee. An opinion from most anyone else might be more reliable.
How about this one:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/ ... nal/218318
Hannity was promoting a report by John Solomon, the executive vice president of The Hill, which purported to advance the Uranium One story. According to Solomon’s anonymous sources, “Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow.” Solomon provides no evidence that the Clintons were aware this was happening, and of course the underlying conspiracy theory that Clinton pushed the Uranium One deal through still makes no sense. But it’s something the right-wing press can use to try to shift attention away from Trump.

Solomon is an investigative journalist who has had many acts in the business. This year, he’s drawn attention for his work as chief operating officer of Circa News, a mobile-first platform with an independent brand that the conservative goliath Sinclair Broadcast Group bought in 2015, hollowed out, and turned into its own pro-Trump news website. At Circa, Solomon and his colleague Sara Carter excelled at turning out stories -- often anonymously sourced -- alleging impropriety by former Obama national security officials and former FBI Director James Comey. Feeding into the right-wing narratives about efforts by nefarious deep-state actors to tear down the president, Circa’s reporting received glowing reviews from Trump’s most conspiratorial supporters.

But Circa’s biggest fan is Hannity -- as The Hill put it in March, he “has repeatedly lauded Circa as the gold standard.” Indeed, for all intents and purposes, Solomon’s operation replaced Fox’s own journalists in providing the pro-Trump reporting Hannity needs to confirm his biases. According to Media Matters research, Carter appeared on 30 episodes of Hannity from May 15 through the end of August -- the only guests to show up more often were Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow and Fox legal analyst Gregg Jarrett. Solomon made 14 appearances on Hannity’s Fox News show during the same time frame.

Hannity heavily promoted Solomon’s story on his Fox show, devoting extensive segments to the “explosive” “bombshell” on the night it broke and the next two nights. He’s hosted Solomon, Carter, and Schweizer, harangued the rest of the press for not covering the story, and declared Uranium One “one of the biggest scandals this country has ever seen.” And on the night the story broke, he made clear what he thought should happen next:

flockofseagulls104

#188 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:33 pm

You lefties are sooooooo predictable. Laughing out loud at you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#189 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You lefties are sooooooo predictable. Laughing out loud at you.
Flock, to find out what you're going to say tomorrow, all I'd have to do is listen to Hannity's show tonight.

BackInTex

#190 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You lefties are sooooooo predictable. Laughing out loud at you.
Flock, to find out what you're going to say tomorrow, all I'd have to do is listen to Hannity's show tonight.
How would you know this? Do you actually listen to Hannity?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#191 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:
How would you know this? Do you actually listen to Hannity?
Ah, leave him alone. He has some kind of obsession with Hannity. Whenever he doesn't have a response to something, or he knows his response will be stupid, he brings up Hannity. It's just a debating technique, I guess.

silverscreenselect

#192 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:28 pm

As a public service, USA Today and I have compiled a list of entertainment celebrities who have been accused. Politicians like Al Franken and Roy Moore are not on the list, but some broadcasters like Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose are (Garrison Keillor is not on the list).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 827004001/

Pastor Fireball

#193 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 am

Silicon Valley star T.J. Miller is now on the list... but he also punched the woman, so that makes him not only a pervert but a bastard.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/silicon-v ... ng-a-woman
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

ghostjmf

#194 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 am

PastorFB:

According to the article, he did a lot worse than "just" punch her. And how is rape less bad than being punched in the face.

She should have dental records about having the tooth he fractured fixed. Young people's teeth don't "just fall apart" (sadly, my old teeth do).

She had plenty ear-witnesses while the rape was going on, who should have knocked down the door, & eye-witnesses to her bruised face the next morning. She should have gone to the police. But back in those days date-rape cases often weren't prosecuted.

She did take the attack, about a year after, to one of those ridiculous student courts; they have no authority beyond as pertains to the school.

Bob Juch

#195 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Silicon Valley star T.J. Miller is now on the list... but he also punched the woman, so that makes him not only a pervert but a bastard.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/silicon-v ... ng-a-woman
I guess he wasn't method acting, he really is a son of a bitch. :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#196 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Local PBS TV is airing "Let There Be Light", about modern stained-glass crafters, narrated by Garrison Keillor. "Finding Your Roots", on PBS, kicked Keillor's segment off, but as of tonight's schedule his voice is still narrating "Light".

jarnon

#197 Post by jarnon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Charles Dutoit: Conductor relieved of duties after sex assault claims

He isn't as famous as Weinstein or Louis C.K., but he's a big shot in classical music.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#198 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:01 pm

jarnon wrote:Charles Dutoit: Conductor relieved of duties after sex assault claims

He isn't as famous as Weinstein or Louis C.K., but he's a big shot in classical music.
I think it's spelled D-E-T-R-O-I-T, as in Nathan.

ghostjmf

#199 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:30 am

Narrator on "Light" was not Keillor & as date given at end was 2015, & other narrator's name was in opening credits this was a quick switch if they did it.

jarnon

#200 Post by jarnon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 am

Miss America CEO Suspended After Vulgar Emails About Contestants Revealed

Though his offenses aren't as bad as those of the former owner of Miss Universe (couldn't resist that little political jab).
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי