The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: The Harvey List

#151 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am

Bob78164 wrote: Do you ever get tired of whataboutism? Do you have any other defense of Donny? --Bob
I have no defense for President Trump. I'm not defending him. I'm just calling you and the rest of the Democrats out on your hypocrisy.

I don't like Trump as a person, or representing our country. My choices were limited last November and I chose the best of the two terrible candidates.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#152 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: Do you ever get tired of whataboutism? Do you have any other defense of Donny? --Bob
I have no defense for President Trump. I'm not defending him. I'm just calling you and the rest of the Democrats out on your hypocrisy.

I don't like Trump as a person, or representing our country. My choices were limited last November and I chose the best of the two terrible candidates.
No, you didn't. You believed Russian propaganda.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#153 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:30 am

I don't know if Repubs uniting behind a write-in would have been legal for president, but they didn't even try.

Glad they didn't unite behind a write-in in the Alabama senate race.

tlynn78

#154 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 am

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

LMAO - Bob, Hillary isn't Russian.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#155 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:35 am

Bob Juch wrote: No, you didn't. You believed Russian propaganda.
What Russian propaganda? The fake dossier made up and paid for by Clinton? No, I didn't believe that.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#156 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 am

ghostjmf wrote:I don't know if Repubs uniting behind a write-in would have been legal for president, but they didn't even try.

Glad they didn't unite behind a write-in in the Alabama senate race.
I heard Nick Saban was the leading write-in candidate for the AL Senate race. Probably all voter fraud by Georgia fans wanting to get rid of him.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#157 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 am

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

This may be the most asinine comment in a decade full of them. BiT may be a lot of things, but easily swayed is not one of them. I don't even accuse him of being brainwashed by Fox News. In fact, I think he may write many of the storylines that appear on Fox News. But you don't have to read very much of his writing to realize that he is not easily moved off his positions.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Bob Juch

#158 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Add GOP Congressman Blake Farenthold.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Pastor Fireball

#159 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Add GOP Congressman Blake Farenthold.
We already added him two Fridays ago.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54904&start=50#p533023
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

#160 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:

Sorry, it's too hard to keep up.

Bob Juch

#161 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:24 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

This may be the most asinine comment in a decade full of them. BiT may be a lot of things, but easily swayed is not one of them. I don't even accuse him of being brainwashed by Fox News. In fact, I think he may write many of the storylines that appear on Fox News. But you don't have to read very much of his writing to realize that he is not easily moved off his positions.
Did I say it was easy? There have been three decades of false attacks on Hillary, culminating with thousands of false social media posts. BiT has gotten his news from some sort of media, he didn't develop his opinions in a vacuum.

Bob Juch

#162 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
One comment from the congressman was especially personal. Rekola was about to leave town to get married in July 2015, when, he said, Farenthold, standing within earshot of other staffers in his Capitol Hill office, said to the groom-to-be: "Better have your fiancée blow you before she walks down the aisle -- it will be the last time." He then proceeded to joke about whether Rekola's now-wife could wear white on her wedding day -- a clear reference, Rekola said, to whether she had had premarital sex.

silverscreenselect

#163 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Vandal wrote:Kentucky state lawmaker kills himself after denying sexual misconduct allegations: report

A Kentucky state representative accused of molesting a teenage girl has killed himself, according to WDRB.com in Louisville.

Rep. Dan Johnson, a Republican, reportedly shot and killed himself on a bridge in Mt. Washington, Ky. The gun was recovered by police, according to WDRB.

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an expose on Monday detailing allegations that Johnson forced himself on a 17-year-old friend of his daughter after a New Year's Eve Party in 2012.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/364829 ... ions-repor
Even by Harvey Weinstein standards, this guy was a real piece of work:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... f66fb2ed21

Johnson's widow (who gives new meaning to the word "enabling") plans to run for his seat, saying she will represent his values. Hopefully, that doesn't extend to molesting teenage girls and insurance fraud, although if she can raise the dead like he say he could, she's probably got a future somewhere.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sexua ... ad-n829796
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

earendel

#164 Post by earendel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Vandal wrote:Kentucky state lawmaker kills himself after denying sexual misconduct allegations: report

A Kentucky state representative accused of molesting a teenage girl has killed himself, according to WDRB.com in Louisville.

Rep. Dan Johnson, a Republican, reportedly shot and killed himself on a bridge in Mt. Washington, Ky. The gun was recovered by police, according to WDRB.

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an expose on Monday detailing allegations that Johnson forced himself on a 17-year-old friend of his daughter after a New Year's Eve Party in 2012.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/364829 ... ions-repor
Even by Harvey Weinstein standards, this guy was a real piece of work:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... f66fb2ed21

Johnson's widow (who gives new meaning to the word "enabling") plans to run for his seat, saying she will represent his values. Hopefully, that doesn't extend to molesting teenage girls and insurance fraud, although if she can raise the dead like he say he could, she's probably got a future somewhere.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sexua ... ad-n829796
Johnson made news last year when he posted an image of a chimpanzee and labeled it Barack Obama's baby picture. He also had Photoshopped images of ape-like features applied to the Obama family. His Facebook page also included numerous images of the Confederate flag.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mrkelley23

#165 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: No, you didn't. You believed Russian propaganda.
Did I say it was easy? There have been three decades of false attacks on Hillary, culminating with thousands of false social media posts. BiT has gotten his news from some sort of media, he didn't develop his opinions in a vacuum.
Hmmm. So which medium brainwashed you? Or is brainwashing exclusively the purview of "the other side?"
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

flockofseagulls104

#166 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 pm

It doesn't look like the goal is to obtain justice for these women. It's to use them as political weapons.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/ ... sers%3famp
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Vandal
Director of Promos

#167 Post by Vandal » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:01 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#168 Post by jarnon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Pastor Fireball

#169 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:15 am

MSNBC has pulled off the trifecta. First was Mark Halperin, second was Harold Ford, now it's Tweety Bird. (Matt Lauer doesn't count as MSNBC.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... harassment
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

ghostjmf

#170 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am

If you heard that years-ago Fresh Air interview with Simmons, Terry Gross could have pursued a case of verbal abuse; of course she just aired the interview, up to where Simmons left, instead. She's usually not in the same room with her interviewees (they're often in different parts of the country or world) so as she said in a tv interview with her by Jimmy Fallon on his show "when they get up & leave you can't chase them down the hall".

Simmons is famous as a pig. Diff in this case is his treatment of his employees &/or restaurant guests.

This is not to say rock-star's fans deserve abuse. They may know his rep, however.

There are scores of stars-from-60s/70s who had sex with underaged groupies, who being underraged could not legally give consent. I've read articles by the groupies. The statute of limitations is long past. Most of them are older but no wiser, as most say their big regret is "I thought he was going to marry me".

On NPR: France is finally going to get age-of-consent laws, after a man who led an 11-year-old girl into a park & raped her got off on a lesser charge because "she followed him into park, so that was consent".
Last edited by ghostjmf on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am, edited 7 times in total.

Bob Juch

#171 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am

Add owner Jerry Richardson and other Carolina Panthers employees.

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-car ... acial-slur

ghostjmf

#172 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 am

In one of the last 2 articles given a link, the link had an advert that turned on my tablet sound. After I specifically had it turned off, as I 'm in a no-tablet-sound building.

I hate those ads.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#173 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

Alex Kozinski has announced his retirement from the bench, effective immediately. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#174 Post by jarnon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am

Ex-staffers: Sen. Daylin Leach crossed line with sex talk, inappropriate touching

Gov. Wolf Says State Sen. Leach Should Resign Over Misconduct Allegations

I've defended Daylin on the Bored when his daughter was accused of being a plant at a Clinton town hall (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52732&p=516654#p516654). Early in his career, an opponent even called him an antisemite (he's actually a committed Jew). But these stories sound more real. The Inquirer article is well researched, and the newspaper is left-leaning. Daylin's famed for his crude humor (as evidenced by his many tweets against Trump).

Daylin is running against Congressman Meehan in a district that's becoming more Democratic. I've supported his campaign since day one. After Gov. Wolf's pronouncement, I'm sure the Democrats will go with a different candidiate.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Pastor Fireball

#175 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:02 am

Bob78164 wrote:Alex Kozinski has announced his retirement from the bench, effective immediately. --Bob
From the Ninth Circuit... yes, I was familiar with Kozinski before the sex stuff because... well, not to give too much away, but I will be mentioning his name again some time next year because he was involved in a very famous case that I will be citing in one of my comments.