That's one way to end an inning

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

That's one way to end an inning

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Did you see how the top of the 10th ended in tonight's game between Houston and the Yankees? It's worth searching out. I don't think I've ever seen a play like that before. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

Re: That's one way to end an inning

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue May 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Did you see how the top of the 10th ended in tonight's game between Houston and the Yankees? It's worth searching out. I don't think I've ever seen a play like that before. --Bob
Yes, my daughter and I were watching. :(
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 pm

And Tony Kemp was having so much fun at bat. He was really was.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 am

Bob78164 wrote:Did you see how the top of the 10th ended in tonight's game between Houston and the Yankees? It's worth searching out. I don't think I've ever seen a play like that before. --Bob

Well, the best I can do is a play by play.....

Astros - Top 10th

Chapman pitching for NYY

González grounded out to shortstop.

Stassi struck out swinging.

Kemp walked.

Kemp to second on wild pitch by Chapman.

Kemp out at third on runner's fielder's choice.

Dafuq!?!? I have never ever heard that term used before and don't even know what it would mean....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Dafuq!?!? I have never ever heard that term used before and don't even know what it would mean....

lb13
I guess it's to differentiate that from a play in which the runner is caught stealing. The idea is for stolen base and caught stealing statistics to accurately reflect actual attempts at stolen bases and not instances where the ball gets away or a runner takes a base on defensive indifference.

If Kemp had taken off with the pitch, it would have been recorded as caught stealing. Similarly if he took off with the pitch and the ball got away from the catcher so there was no throw, it would be a stolen base and not a wild pitch or passed ball.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Well, the best I can do is a play by play.....

Astros - Top 10th

Chapman pitching for NYY

González grounded out to shortstop.

Stassi struck out swinging.

Kemp walked.

Kemp to second on wild pitch by Chapman.

lb13
In case you haven't found the highlight yet, Chapman airmailed another pitch to the backstop. However, it hit so high and so hard that it bounced off the backstop right back to Sanchez, who caught the rebound on the fly and threw out Kemp at third. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson