NBC declares for Jones

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

NBC declares for Jones

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 pm

I hope I hope I hope its true

ghostjmf

Re: NBC declares for Jones

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Good luck even Fox is calling it for Jones

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm

I hope Steve Bannon keeps playing a big role in planning Republican strategy in more elections in 2018.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Pastor Fireball

#5 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 am

It's a Festivus miracle!
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am

This is disturbing:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 am

Bob Juch wrote:This is disturbing:

I agree with you, but probably for different reasons.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Pastor Fireball

#8 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 am

The numbers are a bit misleading. One would have to parse those numbers even further to determine, say, how many of those white voters aren't parents of a teenage daughter. We've already seen those stories of white fathers who have said publicly that they would still vote for Moore even if Moore himself raped their teenage daughter, but that is clearly not how every Alabama Republican feels.

The only numbers that truly matter are these: 20,715 and 22,780. 20,715 was Doug Jones's margin of victory (pending certification). 22,780 was the number of write-in votes cast, presumably by Republicans who couldn't vote for the Democratic candidate but still had the decency not to vote for Moore, either. Alabama's other Republican senator, Richard Shelby, pleaded with his constituents before the election to cast write-in votes in direct opposition of Moore. (To those 22,780 Alabama Republicans, America thanks you for your service.)
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

ghostjmf

#9 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Its not like I look to NBC as the harbinger of truth, I wanna say. Or even election results. But I was watching Chicago Med when the news flashed on. It might have flashed elsewhere earlier but I was watching a tape of that night's NCIS earlier, & before that Finding Your Roots, on which Questlove from the band Roots finds that on his mother's side he's descended from 2 people on the last slave ship to arrive in America, which ran an embargo on a bet.*

Both partners in his many-times-grandparent couple were on that ship, which sailed from Dahomey, now Benin. That's therefore possibly where they were from: I'm surprised Henry Louis Gates Jr., who hosts the show, didn't do DNA tests to check.

The king of Dahomey at that time had thousands of people gathered up for sale, & they may not all have been from Dahomey. At any rate, Gates says QL is his first guest to learn of the ship his ancestors were prisoners on.

When I get to play the NCIS NOLA I taped I will see if CBS called the election around the same time.

I had checked on the internet after the polls closed in Central-Time-Zone Alabama but it was strangely silent.

*the financier of the enterprise had bet someone he could get this slave ship through a barricade against them
Last edited by ghostjmf on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Pastor FB:

Since there was only this race on the ballot, unless there was full Repub voter turnout, we don't know how many who otherwise would have voted Repub just stayed home.

elwoodblues

#11 Post by elwoodblues » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Before we celebrate too much let's remember that this election only proves that in Alabama a normal Democrat can just barely beat a psycho who likes to play cowboy.

ghostjmf

#12 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 pm

CBS didn't call it in 10-11pm time slot unless they did it during a commercial I fast-forwarded through on NCIS NOLA. They didn't even mention it in their lead-in to 11pm news unless it was in the last few seconds not on my tape

I on the other hand was so gladdened that I forgot to take my insulin until the middle of the night when I woke up on the darn couch in front of the tv. I do that a lot lately, in an attempt to at least hear some of Colbert before I drift off.

I did triple check I hadn't already taken it; that could be lethal.

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:21 pm

The meme circulated on facebook about Moore by my friend who loves horses & owns at least one is that he was killing that horse he rode in on; he's way to big for horse & is handling horse all wrong.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 pm

ghostjmf wrote:The meme circulated on facebook about Moore by my friend who loves horses & owns at least one is that he was killing that horse he rode in on; he's way too big for horse & is handling horse all wrong.
That is correct.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#15 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

I agree with you, but probably for different reasons.
Charles Barkley, who's from Alabama and campaigned hard for Jones, agrees with flock about Democrats taking the black vote for granted.
It's time for them to get off their ass and start making life better for black folks and people who are poor. They've always had our votes, and they have abused our votes, and this is a wake-up call. We've got them in a great position now, but this is a wake-up call for Democrats to do better for black people and poor white people.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#16 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 pm

This will drive Bob# bonkers.

Democrats urge GOP to hold off on tax bill until Jones is seated in Senate

The same Mitch McConnell who delayed a Supreme Court nomination until an election went his way (pissing Bob off royally) is now moving full speed on tax reform after his party lost.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 am

jarnon wrote:This will drive Bob# bonkers.

The same Mitch McConnell who delayed a Supreme Court nomination until an election went his way (pissing Bob off royally) is now moving full speed on tax reform after his party lost.
The same Mitch McConnell who insisted that the Affordable Care Act not move forward until after Scott Brown was seated, ending the Democrats' filibuster-proof majority.

He won't play by the same rules he asks the Democrats to use. He's using lies to push through a tax cut for his donors at the expense of the American people. He's the very definition of power-hungry scum. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:This will drive Bob# bonkers.

The same Mitch McConnell who insisted that the Affordable Care Act not move forward until after Scott Brown was seated, ending the Democrats' filibuster-proof majority.

He won't play by the same rules he asks the Democrats to use. He's using lies to push through a tax cut for his donors at the expense of the American people. He's the very definition of power-hungry scum. --Bob
I agree with your evaluation of McConnell. But since when have the democrats played by any rules?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#19 Post by Spock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm

ghostjmf wrote:The meme circulated on facebook about Moore by my friend who loves horses & owns at least one is that he was killing that horse he rode in on; he's way to big for horse & is handling horse all wrong.
Fortunately, it was all caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5G-w-GJbTU

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Spock wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:The meme circulated on facebook about Moore by my friend who loves horses & owns at least one is that he was killing that horse he rode in on; he's way to big for horse & is handling horse all wrong.
Fortunately, it was all caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5G-w-GJbTU
Yes, it was: