Wonderful squorril story on Evil Facebook

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Wonderful squorril story on Evil Facebook

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Which I can't link to here

But guy finds this teeny critter which honestly looks like a teeny embryo Alien, almost no fur & a huge (for its tiny body) rectangular head

Instead of screaming & throwing it across the room, which frankly would have been my instinct, he nurses it & keeps it warm & feeds it & holds it in his hand for a series of pics & of course it grows into this adorable squorril

ghostjmf

Re: Wonderful squorril story on Evil Facebook

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:43 pm

You will find this on facebook by searching the The Animal Rescue site for "man finds tiny creature in a bag of mulch"

Trying to figure out how to facebook-share it to BoredArk, w/out success. Maybe will work from real computer? Stuff how-to articles tell me to use aren't on tablet. If I've shared it by mistake to all my Official Facebook Friends I'll know it when they scream.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:24 am

As far as I can figure it out, to put a thing I've saved on facebook as a link on BoredArk, also on facebook, I have to "allow facebook access to my phone's photos". Well, of course its a tablet, not a phone, but the real issue is that I don't allow that access.

Favebook once got into my photos anyway & prompted me to post them. Not making this up.

Google Maps asks for location access, I deny it, & Maps works anyway. I've read that all electronics made after some recent date track you without permission.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am

Squorril (named Zip) is now in BoredArk. My life is complete?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:47 pm

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks; didn't know Zip was also on Youtube. Weirdly, the captions on slides on YT seem not all the same as on FB. YT captions about stages of growth seem same, but remarks attributed to Zip are more flippant.

Also, the slides go immediately into a video on YT; it ate up loads of data points on my tablet, so I'll have to get back to wifi to see if it's still Zip (& compare slide comments) or another pet squirrel. I was appalled to learn this squirrel wasn't just found, but that their family's nest had been in tree that got chopped down by their person. Mom took off but fellow-newborn is mentioned but fate not given. Suspect the grimmest.

If it *is* Same Squirrel (Zip) or even Other Squirrel, at least it got nursed by baby bottles, grew up to look like an Actual Squirrel & got a home.

Now I go look on YT for local news footage of the story-of-week (after Doug Jones, that is), the Owl Change. This where some people brought their car in for an oil change & the garage people found a small screech-owl perched on some warm part of engine.

No, owl did not screech; owl didn't even give out a peep.

The people filmed handling Shazam, as owl has been named (one "z") seem confident that owl is not going to use massive claws or beak to hurt them; they're from Animal Control but are not wearing gloves. Shazam mainly looks like Shazam would like to sleep. Well, Shazam's an owl, & is filmed during day.

Animal Control thinks Shazam has a hurt wing.

What, this is not Animal Talk Group?
Last edited by ghostjmf on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Also, the slides go immediately into a video on YT; it ate up loads of data points on my tablet, so I'll have to get back to wifi to see if it's still Zip (& compare slide comments) or another pet squirrel. I was appalled to learn this squirrel wasn't just found, but that their family's nest had been in tree that got chopped down by their person. Mom took off but fellow-newborn is mentioned but fate not given. Suspect the grimmest.
Are you talking about the video that begins when the Zip video gets to the end? It displays "Squirrel baby raised by Portland man becomes his best friend - Tim F.S. Brown" as it loads.
Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og9clp1ONRc

Right at the start, the guy says, "I'm Andy and this is <unintelligible> (turns out to be Merl). He was cutting down a dead tree and didn't know the mother and 2 offspring were living inside it. Their part of the tree fell about 30 feet and the mom ran away. According to the videographer in the comments section, Andy tried to save both brothers, but only Merl survived. The Humane Society wanted to euthanize Merl, but Andy said he's going to build some kind of shelter into another tree and will see if Merl takes to it.
ghostjmf wrote:If it *is* Same Squirrel (Zip) or even Other Squirrel, at least it got nursed by baby bottles, grew up to look like an Actual Squirrel & got a home.
He fed it some kind of goat milk formula.
ghostjmf wrote:Now I go look on YT for local news footage of the story-of-week (after Doug Jones, that is), the Owl Change. This where some people brought their car in for an oil change & the garage people found a small screech-owl perched on some warm part of engine.
Here is the CBS Boston Owl Change story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZ56EqIic8

Searching "owl change" brings up several hits before that one. These are all about a "transforming owl." It is pretty cool, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFBkBjhqqhA
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 am

Estonut:

I had my sound turned off, per rules of the institution whose wifi I'd been using. So when watching at home what I thought would be only that slide-show on Zip, & the video on Merl started up I missed the audio intro, saying this was now story about different squirrel, as sound was still off.