2018 Rock Hall Of Fame Inductees

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

2018 Rock Hall Of Fame Inductees

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, Nina Simone and Early Influencer Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

FINALLY-The Moodys are in. That's ONE longtime snub rectified. No major quibbles with the inductees. I'm not a big Bon Jovi fan (understatement alert), but a lot of folks love 'em, so.... 8)
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

rayxtwo

Re: 2018 Rock Hall Of Fame Inductees

#2 Post by rayxtwo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Now I have to get a ticket for the induction. The first batch of 8-tracks I received from Columbia House back in the early 70's included "Days Of Future Past". I must have entered a wrong number when I filled out the card when I sent it in because it wasn't one I wanted to get. I was upset and I remember not listening to it for a month or so. A friend of mine saw it and wanted me to play it. The rest is history. Now I have to figure out how to get a ticket to get in without going to a ticket broker and paying a fortune.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

rayxtwo wrote:Now I have to get a ticket for the induction. The first batch of 8-tracks I received from Columbia House back in the early 70's included "Days Of Future Past". I must have entered a wrong number when I filled out the card when I sent it in because it wasn't one I wanted to get. I was upset and I remember not listening to it for a month or so. A friend of mine saw it and wanted me to play it. The rest is history. Now I have to figure out how to get a ticket to get in without going to a ticket broker and paying a fortune.
Do you remember what album you intended to order? I wonder how it compares, looking back now.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

rayxtwo

#4 Post by rayxtwo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 pm

Estonut wrote:
rayxtwo wrote:Now I have to get a ticket for the induction. The first batch of 8-tracks I received from Columbia House back in the early 70's included "Days Of Future Past". I must have entered a wrong number when I filled out the card when I sent it in because it wasn't one I wanted to get. I was upset and I remember not listening to it for a month or so. A friend of mine saw it and wanted me to play it. The rest is history. Now I have to figure out how to get a ticket to get in without going to a ticket broker and paying a fortune.
Do you remember what album you intended to order? I wonder how it compares, looking back now.
Not really. I had a job and was making money on the side back then with odd jobs in the neighborhood. I had a pocket full of money back then and I was buying a lot of tapes. I listened to all kinds of music back then. Now I only listen to about 10% of anything new

Pastor Fireball

#5 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 am

Once again, you won't get any complaints from me. Just like last year, the Hall got it 100% right. Long overdue and well deserved for everybody.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

Of Bon Jovi's hits, my favorite is still their very first, "Runaway". Jon is the only one on the track who is still in the band, I think. This is one of the best examples of 80s keyboards that worked well.

TBone, I recommend you try 2007's Lost Highway, which was their country crossover album. It has some very good stuff on it, and I don't seek out country music.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.