Am I having a TiVo issue?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Am I having a TiVo issue?

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 am

My TiVo says that it has successfully connected to the Internet as recently as a few hours ago, but my channel guide hasn't updated in days, and is currently scheduled to run out of information by Monday. Is the issue TiVo or is Spectrum simply being slow about updating its listings for TiVo? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

Re: Am I having a TiVo issue?

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 am

I have an odd problem: one of my Tivos has no listings for next Tuesday through Friday, but the other one (a different model) does. Two weeks ago, the other Tivo had no listings for two days.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:12 am

Bob78164 wrote:My TiVo says that it has successfully connected to the Internet as recently as a few hours ago, but my channel guide hasn't updated in days, and is currently scheduled to run out of information by Monday. Is the issue TiVo or is Spectrum simply being slow about updating its listings for TiVo? --Bob
Could this be a subtle way of telling you that you haven't paid your cable bill?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 am

My Dish converter boxes, which convert digital to analog signals, also provide a viewing guide from Dish network. I pay Dish network nada. Some days the guide is available via one box & not the other.

Disconnecting & reconnecting a box can get the guide back. It will also get back a signal when the signal is frozen or gone. I learned this all the hard way, i.e. through experimentation.

I would bet these boxes, & your TiVo are set to scan for programs on a regular schedule, & sometimes they miss a scan.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Bob78164 wrote:My TiVo says that it has successfully connected to the Internet as recently as a few hours ago, but my channel guide hasn't updated in days, and is currently scheduled to run out of information by Monday. Is the issue TiVo or is Spectrum simply being slow about updating its listings for TiVo? --Bob
I just got off the phone with TiVo because they stopped doing whatever's necessary for the commercial skip feature to work. They said to give them 7 to 10 working days to fix it. :(

TiVo gets their program guides from a 3rd party. I would reboot your unit.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
I just got off the phone with TiVo because they stopped doing whatever's necessary for the commercial skip feature to work. They said to give them 7 to 10 working days to fix it. :(

TiVo gets their program guides from a 3rd party. I would reboot your unit.
Thanks. I'll give that a try if no new program information appears in a couple of days. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson