The Most Predicted Democrat Wave in History?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

Re: The Most Predicted Democrat Wave in History?

#26 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:I'm not super tuned in to the Republican electorate in Indiana any more, but if Mike Braun wins the nomination, it will be a huge upset.
Well, it turned out to be a huge upset, as Braun got over 40% of the vote, while his two opponents finished with about 30% each (Indiana does not have a runoff, so Braun gets the nomination automatically). The late polls showing him in the lead turned out to be right, although a margin over ten points is still a surprise.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/pol ... 572321002/
Yep, I was way wrong. But it is a huge upset. There are two schools of thought: that Messer and Rokita drew all the establishment Republicans, leaving Braun to sneak in with a plurality; or that Braun's "outsider" status was attractive to all the term-limiter, swamp-drainer fans in the party. It could easily be a combination of the two. I'm still stunned that even a plurality of Indiana Republicans would nominate a man who was a registered Democrat until 2008. He, like the other two in the race, is trying very hard to appear Trumpian, since Trump is so popular in Indiana. We'll have to wait and see how he does in a high-pressure general election. So far, he's been pretty disciplined. I still say Donnelly's an underdog. I hope I'm wrong about that, as well.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

flockofseagulls104

#27 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 am

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson ... p-n2482775

I don't put much, if any, stock in polling. Especially this early in the cycle. But you democrats do. Your platform of 'I hate Trump' doesn't seem to be working. You need to get with Jon Ossoff (what a nice, non-offensive name he has) and adjust your strategies.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Your platform of 'I hate Trump' doesn't seem to be working.
Actually, there's some dispute in Democratic circles about whether the candidates are going too easy on Trump or not. Jon Ossoff notably refused to campaign on an anti-Trump platform, and the negative ads his backers ran were mostly about Karen Handel's personal failings as a big spender while Secretary of State. The Republicans, on the other hand, had no problem tying Ossoff to Nancy Pelosi every step of the way.

I fully expect that, come election time, there will be plenty of anti-Trump ammunition that can't be wished away with claims of "fake news." From what's been going on lately, it seems like Roger Stone will be the next one to take the walk of shame.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Your platform of 'I hate Trump' doesn't seem to be working.
Actually, there's some dispute in Democratic circles about whether the candidates are going too easy on Trump or not. Jon Ossoff notably refused to campaign on an anti-Trump platform, and the negative ads his backers ran were mostly about Karen Handel's personal failings as a big spender while Secretary of State. The Republicans, on the other hand, had no problem tying Ossoff to Nancy Pelosi every step of the way.

I fully expect that, come election time, there will be plenty of anti-Trump ammunition that can't be wished away with claims of "fake news." From what's been going on lately, it seems like Roger Stone will be the next one to take the walk of shame.
Keep wishing.
As I keep saying, none of us know anything. You keep 'fully expecting', but it's more like wishing, if you ask me. That's kinda pathetic. I'll just wait and see.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton