Creepy T-Mobile

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Creepy T-Mobile

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 am

Sites I go to these days have ads pop up. They are always using video. This eats up all my data points.

This isn't T-Mobile's fault.

But what is their fault is the ordeal I get put through each month to try to get my next-month's plan activated when I pay for it, instead of 30 days after my last-month's plan.

This can & has left me with weeks to go before the date is met, & either no data or throttled data; both conditions have happened, even though they're only supposed to throttle their contract customers who go "over budget", not their "a la carte" customers at all. And when you point this out to the people in the store they just say "you're not throttled, you have a problem reaching our tower".

I can't work this out over the web, as T-Mobile identifies me as having my old tablet, & someone else's "phone number" as it's ID. The local store, which I have to go to, therefore, to buy data points, says they can't fix this stuff on their end, as the info doesn't come up wrong on their computers. Only on my tablet.

I don't want to spend weeks on the phone with tech services. So I let them make the call to at least get the new data plan turned on.

This month I opted for the $40.00 plan, which gives me 5Gs of data/month. We'll see how long this lasts.