Li'l Spock's Six Degrees of NBA Separation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Li'l Spock's Six Degrees of NBA Separation

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Li'l Spock is a manager for the NDSU basketball team for the 2nd year. The assistant coach that he talks about the most played for Butler when they barely lost the national championship in 2008(I think).

That guy has friends and teammates that play for the NBA, so Li'l Spock's degrees of separation to the NBA are getting right down there.

I don't think anybody from NDSU will go to the NBA this year, but I went to a game last night VS South Dakota State and watched Mike Daum who will most likely go to the NBA (per Li'l Spock).

mrkelley23

Re: Li'l Spock's Six Degrees of NBA Separation

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Spock wrote:Li'l Spock is a manager for the NDSU basketball team for the 2nd year. The assistant coach that he talks about the most played for Butler when they barely lost the national championship in 2008(I think).

That guy has friends and teammates that play for the NBA, so Li'l Spock's degrees of separation to the NBA are getting right down there.

I don't think anybody from NDSU will go to the NBA this year, but I went to a game last night VS South Dakota State and watched Mike Daum who will most likely go to the NBA (per Li'l Spock).

What about USND-H? (That's the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople) (Some older music nerds may get the reference) (Hint: it has nothing to do with the NBA)
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
What about USND-H? (That's the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople) (Some older music nerds may get the reference) (Hint: it has nothing to do with the NBA)
Just a bunch of young dudes studying journalism.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Spock wrote:Li'l Spock is a manager for the NDSU basketball team for the 2nd year. The assistant coach that he talks about the most played for Butler when they barely lost the national championship in 2008(I think).

Of course the Bisons flattened the Jackrabbits. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:50 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:

I became familiar with USND-H at band camp when I was learning to play the Bermuda triangle. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

Of course the Bisons flattened the Jackrabbits. :P
Nope, the jackrabbits won.

FWIW, when the South Dakota State Jackrabbits play the University of South Dakota Coyotes it has been known to happen that actual dead jackrabbits and dead coyotes make an appearance in the rivalry.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/15 ... y-sdsu-usd

elwoodblues

#7 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 pm

The South Dakota Coyotes should play the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners. The game could be sponsored by Acme.

mellytu74

#8 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 am

The Dauminator? I think Li'l Spock is correct.

Bleacher Report called him the best NBA prospect you've never heard of and another website (Mid-major Madness maybe) said to enjoy watching him while you can.

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 am

elwoodblues wrote:The South Dakota Coyotes should play the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners. The game could be sponsored by Acme.
Or when the Arizona Coyotes play the Tucson Roadrunners in hockey. 8)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#10 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 am

For (interested) FB people-here is a collection of pics from Littlest Spock's C-Game last night. He is #5 in white.

https://www.facebook.com/wcaboysbasketb ... 9124527719

The opponent, Hancock, is a very small town with a strong (mostly girls) basketball tradition.

In 1997, however, both the boys and girls team won the state Class A championship. Class A is the smallest of Minnesota's 4 classes.

Catfish

#11 Post by Catfish » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:55 am

Spock wrote:Butler . . . . friends and teammates that play for
and coaches who coach in!
Spock wrote:the NBA
Catfish

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Catfish wrote:
Spock wrote:Butler . . . . friends and teammates that play for