Hooray for Lowes

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

Hooray for Lowes

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:28 pm

We had to replace our roof and the roof on the hangar. Sting decided to do the hangar roof first, to practice and such. He went to buy the roofing from Lowes. There was some upset at the register as he got there. Seems there is a 'tag switcher' who had just gone through the line and the cashier was upset. She was showing another employee the cost of the stove he walked out with ($198.00) and that he only paid $40.00.

Sting got involved in the conversation with them both, got rung up, paid with his credit card and rolled the 7 rolls of roofing out to our car.

He liked the roofing and we needed many more rolls to do our house. So, he wanted to find the best price. That is when he looked at the receipt.

He had paid for the stove that was on the cashiers screen during the upset.

I called Lowes and explained and asked if there was anything they could do to fix Sting's mistake.

They refunded us the $198.00

How cool is that?

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#2 Post by cindy.wellman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 pm

I'm glad you had such a good ending to your situation.

If given the choice, I like Lowe's too. The most recent good thing I've noticed is that they consistently have the merchandise I want in stock. Usually I've already done quite a bit of research on whatever I happen to be buying, so it drives me crazy when I go to purchase something and am told that it will be 2 or more weeks to get the product.

I like their customer service and salespeople too.

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:51 pm

I will go out of my way to go to Lowes - drive right by a Home Depot to get to them. The stores are cleaner, better organized and I can actually find people to help me!

TheCalvinator24

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 pm

My nephew works for Lowe's. Shop there often.

:D
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:21 pm

I don't follow. Lowe's charged him for something he didn't buy, then when you called them about their mistake, they removed the overcharge? And for this they deserve special praise? I think I must be missing something here.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:24 pm

TheConfessor wrote:I don't follow. Lowe's charged him for something he didn't buy, then when you called them about their mistake, they removed the overcharge? And for this they deserve special praise? I think I must be missing something here.
He signed the thing - we had no proof that he didn't buy it. We didn't discover the error until one month later. They have every right to tell us "Too bad - too late - too stoopid - how can you pay $200 more than the cost of the stuff you bought and not question it?"

and so on.

TheConfessor

#7 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:29 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:I don't follow. Lowe's charged him for something he didn't buy, then when you called them about their mistake, they removed the overcharge? And for this they deserve special praise? I think I must be missing something here.
He signed the thing - we had no proof that he didn't buy it. We didn't discover the error until one month later. They have every right to tell us "Too bad - too late - too stoopid - how can you pay $200 more than the cost of the stuff you bought and not question it?"

and so on.
Okay, it makes more sense when you add the one month delay to the story. That was the plot element that I was missing.

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:45 pm

You really want to confuse a cashier at Lowes, do what I did.

I bought one of those big swingset kits. I had to separately buy about 85 pieces of wood, the swings, rocker, slide, etc. I bought a saw and a few tools to boot. A bunch of stuff. The cashier had trouble ringing up some of the items but eventually got it al.

When I got home I laid everything out on the driveway and inventoried it all back to the reciept thinking I may have been charged for an extra piece of wood. Nope.

Got charged only for what I got, except for the slide. She didn't get it rung up. $120.

I was back in Lowes the next day and told a cashier I needed to pay for it. She was stunned, speechless, and had no clue how to do it. But I made her.

5LD

#9 Post by 5LD » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Good to know! All my appliances are coming from Lowes. They rewarded me for buying all energy star stuff.....I saved over $500 on three items.

I will shop there again.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:You really want to confuse a cashier at Lowes, do what I did.

I bought one of those big swingset kits. I had to separately buy about 85 pieces of wood, the swings, rocker, slide, etc. I bought a saw and a few tools to boot. A bunch of stuff. The cashier had trouble ringing up some of the items but eventually got it al.

When I got home I laid everything out on the driveway and inventoried it all back to the reciept thinking I may have been charged for an extra piece of wood. Nope.

Got charged only for what I got, except for the slide. She didn't get it rung up. $120.

I was back in Lowes the next day and told a cashier I needed to pay for it. She was stunned, speechless, and had no clue how to do it. But I made her.
I am so proud to know you.