‘You Are So Lucky’ I Gave You ‘Privilege’ Of Voting For Me

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

‘You Are So Lucky’ I Gave You ‘Privilege’ Of Voting For Me

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 pm

TPM wrote:President Donald Trump reminded farmers on Monday how lucky they were to have had the chance to vote for him.

Speaking to the American Farm Bureau Federation’s Annual Convention in Nashville, Tennessee, Trump celebrated the repeal of the estate tax contained in Republicans’ tax cut bill, which he signed into law in December.

Fewer than 700 estates rich enough to pay the tax in 2016 had any farm assets at all, CNN reported in October, but that didn’t stop the wave of applause that greeted Trump when he claimed to have “spared” his audience the “punishment of the deeply unfair estate tax, known as the death tax.”

“Get up!” he urged his audience, who obliged.

“Oh, are you happy you voted for me,” Trump purred later. “You are so lucky that I gave you that privilege.”
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

Re: ‘You Are So Lucky’ ...

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 am

In other news, liberals still have no sense of humor.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

Re: ‘You Are So Lucky’ ...

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:19 am

tlynn78 wrote:In other news, liberals still have no sense.
Fixed it for you. :)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson