WWTBAM Bored
http://wwtbambored.com/

Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55133
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BBTranscriptTeam [ Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman

WHIZ KIDS WEEK (again)

Claire Goodman
Mount Prospect, IL


Claire is at $30,000, but she has no lifelines remaining.

$50,000: Located at about 42 degrees north, the southernmost point in Canada is at approximately the same latitude as what state's northern border?
A - Oregon
B - Iowa
C - California
D - Missouri

Claire says this is a funny question because her grandmother reminded her that Detroit was north of Canada. She says that is most likely. She'll be mad at herself if she's right and walks away and also if she's wrong. She doesn't think it's worth the risk so she decides to walk away.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (California)

commercial break

Author:  ghostjmf [ Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman

50K: Dunno what I have left, but I'd be throwing any lifelines at this.

Know the continent is tilted so Nova Scotia has lower lattitude than you would think. Like contestant, know Detroit is north of parts of adjacent Canada. Know about that little area that belongs to I think Minnesota. None of that helps here.

Pretty sure Missouri & Iowa are too far south, & that 50/50 would leave Cal & Oregon.

Author:  earendel [ Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
WHIZ KIDS WEEK (again)

Claire Goodman
Mount Prospect, IL


Claire is at $30,000, but she has no lifelines remaining.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$50,000: Located at about 42 degrees north, the southernmost point in Canada is at approximately the same latitude as what state's northern border?
A - Oregon
B - Iowa
C - California
D - Missouri

Claire says this is a funny question because her grandmother reminded her that Detroit was north of Canada. She says that is most likely. She'll be mad at herself if she's right and walks away and also if she's wrong. She doesn't think it's worth the risk so she decides to walk away.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (California)

It isn't Iowa or Missouri. The border curves north from Minnesota so it isn't Oregon. It has to be California.

Author:  jarnon [ Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman

earendel wrote:
It isn't Iowa or Missouri. The border curves north from Minnesota so it isn't Oregon. It has to be California.
The border curves because “lines” of latitude are actually circles. Most of the border from Minnesota to Washington is at the same latitude, 49° N.

Author:  Appa23 [ Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 12/22/2017 - Claire Goodman

ghostjmf wrote:
50K: Dunno what I have left, but I'd be throwing any lifelines at this.

Know the continent is tilted so Nova Scotia has lower lattitude than you would think. Like contestant, know Detroit is north of parts of adjacent Canada. Know about that little area that belongs to I think Minnesota. None of that helps here.

Pretty sure Missouri & Iowa are too far south, & that 50/50 would leave Cal & Oregon.


Actually, Iowa is too far North. Parts of Nebraska also are north of Canada.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/