Dumbest NFL Play I've Ever Seen

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Dumbest NFL Play I've Ever Seen

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm

The end of the Minnesota-New Orleans game, 10 seconds left Vikings have no time outs. Instead of simply tackling the receiver in bounds ending the game, the New Orleans defensive back tries to undercut him with a rolling tackle.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Ritterskoop

Re: Dumbest NFL Play I've Ever Seen

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I thought he was ducking so he didn't get kicked in the head. It seems like a normal instinct of self-preservation.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Not as dumb as the Leon Lett play that let Miami win a game it should have lost. Physical errors happen. I would be interested in the DB's take on the play. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm

I did like that Marcus Williams ran over his own man, who at that point might have had a chance to catch Diggs.

I didn't watch the whole game, but it seemed like the Vikings were the better team on the whole, so it feels right that they won.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Rookie out of Utah. He and Marshon Lattimore are a lot of why they were in that game in the first place.
--------

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The end of the Minnesota-New Orleans game, 10 seconds left Vikings have no time outs. Instead of simply tackling the receiver in bounds ending the game, the New Orleans defensive back tries to undercut him with a rolling tackle.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
Teddy Roosevelt-In the Arena

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Spock wrote:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "
Tell that to Bill Buckner or Scott Norwood.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 am

I just read that this was the first regulation walkoff touchdown in NFL playoff history.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Spock wrote:
Tell that to Bill Buckner or Scott Norwood.

Why? Are they criticizing Marcus Williams as well? That's pretty hypocritical of them....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 am

silverscreenselect wrote: Tell that to Bill Buckner or Scott Norwood.
I was thinking of Scott Norwood.

I think this play should be tagged "Wide Left".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I just read that this was the first regulation walkoff touchdown in NFL playoff history.

I would imagine it is pretty uncommon for that to happen in the regular season as well. The odds are just stacked against a team scoring a winning touchdown on the last play of regulation in normal game situations. And of those that happened, most are probably successful Hail Marys...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

elwoodblues

#12 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Spock wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The end of the Minnesota-New Orleans game, 10 seconds left Vikings have no time outs. Instead of simply tackling the receiver in bounds ending the game, the New Orleans defensive back tries to undercut him with a rolling tackle.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
Teddy Roosevelt-In the Arena

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#13 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:47 pm

So they tried a terrible onside kick with two times outs and plenty of clock left?
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

lilclyde54

#14 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm

I agree that it was a totally stupid play. Marcus Williams looked a lot better on his interception a little earlier.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again