Lyrically Speaking - 1/15/18

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 1/15/18

#26 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Flowers on the Wall - Statler Brothers (TBone let me down by not mentioning Eric Heatherly... a Mecca TV throwback to the turn of the millennium!)
Sorry 'bout that. I almost did, since I really like his version. Just got lazy I guess.

Warm It Up - Kris Kross (I really didn't expect anyone to get this, but I wanted a "warm" song and there wasn't much else to go with. Plus, I still reference this song in my head every time I turn the thermostat up or fire up the LBN LRS in the winter... complete with answering myself with "I'm about to...")

Not that they're much more known than this one, but for pure listening enjoyment (for me, anyway), I prefer "Warm Ways" by Fleetwood Mac and "The Warmth Of The Sun" by The Beach Boys. Of course, there's "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" but that doesn't exactly conjure up the image of springtime we're looking at here...

Find Another Fool - Quarterflash (I think this song may have gotten shut out as well, which surprises me...)
A good tune. I just don't know it well enough to recognize most of the lyrics. The song I liked best of theirs was "Take Another Picture", but even then I might not recognize it outside of a couple of lines.

I wonder if I would've gotten the image bonus if I had shown the Cards' Spring Training Facility... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#27 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Yay! I can still win for perfect attendance! Here's what the rule says:
Attendance Bonus - Awarded every Monday for the previous week... you get 5 points if you played all 5 games, 3 points for playing 4 games, and 1 point for playing 3 games. You must at least attempt to answer something in a game to receive credit for playing that day (The anti-Present rule). At the end of the LSWE, everyone who played all 25 games will receive a 10 point bonus.
It doesn't say you have to play that day, just that you have to play! So here goes . . .

Spoiler
[quote="littlebeast13"]Alrighty, let's get this so-called party started. Here is your first game of the 2018 LSWE... inspired by the fact that I've been freezing my fucking ass off for the past three weeks. I usually don't mind winter... 100 degrees is just as bad as 0 degrees if you ask me. But even I'm more than ready for Spring to come... and that's the theme of this year's opening game. All of the song titles relate to the Spring in some way or another. Just in case you're from the Southern Hemisphere, I'm talking about the next season in line. And also, send some of that axial tilt back our way please....

Note: This game will remain open until Wednesday morning!

1 point for the title, 1 point for the artist....

1. Moving forward
Using all my breath
Making love to you
Was never second best

I can hear this, but not all the way to the title. Oh well.

2. Once you tell somebody the way that you feel
You can feel it beginning to ease
I think its true what they say about the squeaky wheel
Always getting the grease.

3. Last night I dressed in tails, pretended I was on the town
As long as I can dream it's hard to slow this swinger down

Countin Flowers on the Wall, Statler Bros.

4. When I look into your big brown eyes
It's so very plain to see
That it's time you learned about the facts of life
Starting from A to Z

Let me tell ya bout the birds and the bees

5. You little cream puff Mac Daddy wannabe
Keep dreaming 'cause
The Mac you will never be
So all y'all with the Dr. Seuss riddles
You can get the finger... the middle

6. Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer, Alice Cooper

7. All you did was wreck my bed
And in the morning kick me in the head

Maggie May, Rod Stewart

8. You might have heard my footsteps
Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
As I ran searching after something to believe in

Bright Elusive Butterfly, Bobby Goldsboro

9. I just can t believe it's so
Though it seems strange to say
I never been laid so low
In such a mysterious way

10. First night, so long
A state of mind
What can go wrong
We're here, the time is right
To rock 'n' roll
Right throough the night

11. I don't believe that I deserve this ride
You took me for my very heart and pride
You let me down and now your hand is out
Well, here's some spare change you can count

12. Knee deep in flowers will stray, we'll keep the showers away.
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight, will you pardon me?

Tiptoe Through the Tulips, Tiny Tim. Edward Khoury.

Kroxquo Bonus: Name another song with artist that references something to do with Spring in the title.

It might as well be spring, Doris Day

Image Bonus: Show me a wonderful Springtime image!

[/quote]
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Earl the Squirrel

#28 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: Image Bonus: Show me a wonderful Springtime image! - I was so blown away by elwood's image of the bunnies and shit (Photobucket sucks ass... Google Images is your friend) that it was hard to pick a winner. With no standout image in the first game, I'm going to go with BiT's bears, which are too damned cute, for 2018's first IBB...
You obviously didn't get mine then, because it was a standout image and oh so clever! But the only people that I would expect to be familiar with her would be Frank and Melly, so I'll let you slide this time....

Image Fun Fact: She took her stage name from her hometown!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#29 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: Image Bonus: Show me a wonderful Springtime image! - I was so blown away by elwood's image of the bunnies and shit (Photobucket sucks ass... Google Images is your friend) that it was hard to pick a winner. With no standout image in the first game, I'm going to go with BiT's bears, which are too damned cute, for 2018's first IBB...
You obviously didn't get mine then, because it was a standout image and oh so clever! But the only people that I would expect to be familiar with her would be Frank and Melly, so I'll let you slide this time....

Image Fun Fact: She took her stage name from her hometown!

If you want the IBB, you have to play up to the Meister's dumbed down sensibilities.... if that makes any sense.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Yay! I can still win for perfect attendance! Here's what the rule says:
Attendance Bonus - Awarded every Monday for the previous week... you get 5 points if you played all 5 games, 3 points for playing 4 games, and 1 point for playing 3 games. You must at least attempt to answer something in a game to receive credit for playing that day (The anti-Present rule). At the end of the LSWE, everyone who played all 25 games will receive a 10 point bonus.
It doesn't say you have to play that day, just that you have to play! So here goes . . .

The Secret Service may look the other way occasionally, but I don't. Your attendance is imperfect...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#31 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Yay! I can still win for perfect attendance! Here's what the rule says:

The Secret Service may look the other way occasionally, but I don't. Your attendance is imperfect...

lb13
OK then, just fork over the 54 JJC points you owe me.

Grrrrrr . . . grumble .....
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller