Gangs in LA-What an Imagination

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Gangs in LA-What an Imagination

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 am

I am reading a novel called "All Involved" by Ryan Gattis. This is about some imaginary gang stuff that happened at the time of the 1992 riots. I have to hand it to the author for imagining a world that is as fanciful as J.K. Rowlings world of Harry Potter.

As SSS taught me a few weeks ago in the "Reservation Uncles"-"Pine Ridge Rape" thread when I referenced a novel that mentioned rape by "Reservation Uncles" on the Pine Ridge Reservation, nothing that happens in a novel has any basis in fact.

I am glad that gangs in LA are merely a figment of Mr. Gattis's imagination, otherwise that would be a horrible dystopia for people to live in.

silverscreenselect

Re: Gangs in LA-What an Imagination

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am

Spock wrote:I am reading a novel called "All Involved" by Ryan Gattis. This is about some imaginary gang stuff that happened at the time of the 1992 riots. I have to hand it to the author for imagining a world that is as fanciful as J.K. Rowlings world of Harry Potter.
I haven't heard of the novel, but a quick lookup on Amazon shows that it has been widely acclaimed. That doesn't mean anything one way or the other about how accurate it might or might not be. There actually was a Civil War, but reading Gone with the Wind won't give you a very accurate perspective as to what went on.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com