RIP Bradford Dillman

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Bradford Dillman

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:24 am

Another one of those familiar faces from 60's and 70's TV. He guest starred on many shows during that time, usually as slick villains, and was married to one of the original supermodels Suzy Parker for many years.

Age 87

http://deadline.com/2018/01/bradford-di ... 202248487/

Since my original clip was apparently deleted.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

Re: RIP Bradford Dillman

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am

I didn't know who his model-wife was until I read this, and went and looked. What a gorgeous woman she was.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 pm

tlynn78 wrote:I didn't know who his model-wife was until I read this, and went and looked. What a gorgeous woman she was.
tlynn -

If you get the chance, check out The Best of Everything, one of my guilty pleasure movies. Based on the Rona Jaffe potboiler from the late 1950s. Bring popcorn.

Hope Lange, Diane Baker and Suzy Parker as three young women trying to make it in New York. They all work in a publishing house - Parker's trying to be an actress.

Brian Aherne is the office rake, Robert Evans (before he started producing movies) is the heel who treats Baker badly, Parker has eyes for Louis Jourdan's producer. And Stephen Boyd, whose cleft chin goes all aquiver when he see Lange.

The clothes are fabu and Parker is stunning. Who cares if she's not a great actress... she is just so stunning and she and Jourdan are so pretty to look at together.

Did I say bring popcorn?

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:I didn't know who his model-wife was until I read this, and went and looked. What a gorgeous woman she was.
tlynn -

If you get the chance, check out The Best of Everything, one of my guilty pleasure movies. Based on the Rona Jaffe potboiler from the late 1950s. Bring popcorn.

Hope Lange, Diane Baker and Suzy Parker as three young women trying to make it in New York. They all work in a publishing house - Parker's trying to be an actress.

Brian Aherne is the office rake, Robert Evans (before he started producing movies) is the heel who treats Baker badly, Parker has eyes for Louis Jourdan's producer. And Stephen Boyd, whose cleft chin goes all aquiver when he see Lange.

The clothes are fabu and Parker is stunning. Who cares if she's not a great actress... she is just so stunning and she and Jourdan are so pretty to look at together.

Did I say bring popcorn?
Lol - sounds like my kind of movie! I'll definitely check it out! With popcorn. Thanks!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mellytu74

#5 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:
tlynn -

Did I say bring popcorn?
Lol - sounds like my kind of movie! I'll definitely check it out! With popcorn. Thanks!
OMG -- I FORGOT!!!

Joan Crawford as Amanda Farrow -- Career Woman and boss of Lange, Baker and Parker.

She is a hoot (also with a great wardrobe). It's a small role but Crawford is tons of fun in it.

Crawford took the role (the first time she had a supporting role, IIRC) because her late husband, Al Steele (the Pepsi guy) had left her in debt.

Legend has it, a terrific drunk scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:43 pm

One of those actors we can't do without in movies and television.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller