More interference with the FBI

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: More interference with the FBI

#26 Post by Estonut » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:And, by the way, the "missing" texts. They are here.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 066648001/

In the words of Emily Litella, "Never mind."
If there's nothing fishy here, whyTF did it take the DoJ to find 5 months worth of FBI e-mails that the FBI previously had stated were irretrievably lost "due to technical issues?"
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#27 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Estonut wrote:

If there's nothing fishy here, whyTF did it take the DoJ to find 5 months worth of FBI e-mails that the FBI previously had stated were irretrievably lost "due to technical issues?"
It didn't. This only became an issue last week. As the story puts it:
USA Today wrote:Earlier this week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Congress that a glitch in the FBI's information system resulted in a failure to preserve communications between December 2016 and May 2017. That failure not only affected the phones of Strzok and Page, but thousands of other bureau-issued devices.

"The (inspector general) has been investigating this matter and, this week, succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page," Horowitz said.
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 pm

And of course, none of this should distract from the main point. For the second time in about three months, Donny tried to fire the guy in charge of investigating collusion between his Administration and Russia. When Nixon did it once, it proved fatal to his public support. Yet Republicans are still making excuses for Donny. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:24 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Please state one thing he has done that would be grounds for any disciplinary action.
I'm sure a good prosecutor getting him under oath could find some crime, or as most of his team seems to be hoping for, create a crime (perjury or obstruction).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: Please state one thing he has done that would be grounds for any disciplinary action.
I'm sure a good prosecutor getting him under oath could find some crime, or as most of his team seems to be hoping for, create a crime (perjury or obstruction).
Funny. I don't recall this being an issue for you with the Benghazi hearings. Where despite their best efforts, a highly motivated partisan committee couldn't come close to proving a crime (because none had been committed). --Bob

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Estonut wrote:

Well, considering that we're getting all of this third hand with letters and reports being paraphrased and excerpted, it's tough to say just what the FBI actually reported and how much some Trump hack at the DOJ paraphrased it to make the FBI look suspicious.

I find it hard to believe the FBI would state something was "irretrievably" lost in the sense of incapable of forensic recovery when it obviously wasn't all that difficult to recover.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 pm

BackInTex wrote:
So what you are saying is that Mueller has done nothing wrong but that an unethical prosecutor might be able to manufacture some evidence against him.

jarnon

#33 Post by jarnon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The White House, through Jeff Sessions, has been pressuring FBI Director Christopher Wray to fire the Deputy Director, Andrew McCabe. Wray responded by threatening to resign himself if McCabe were removed from his post. Not wanting another Saturday Night Massacre on his hands, Donny caved. --Bob
McCabe has retired, effective immediately, so he won't be the trigger of the next "Saturday night massacre."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#34 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:31 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The White House, through Jeff Sessions, has been pressuring FBI Director Christopher Wray to fire the Deputy Director, Andrew McCabe. Wray responded by threatening to resign himself if McCabe were removed from his post. Not wanting another Saturday Night Massacre on his hands, Donny caved. --Bob
McCabe has retired, effective immediately, so he won't be the trigger of the next "Saturday night massacre."
I thought McCabe's resignation wasn't effective until early March.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#35 Post by jarnon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:
He's taking all his accumulated time off between now and then, so he doesn't have to work another day.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#36 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:09 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:McCabe has retired, effective immediately, so he won't be the trigger of the next "Saturday night massacre."
He's taking all his accumulated time off between now and then, so he doesn't have to work another day.
Yeah, I saw that on the news after reading the first misleading report.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Seriously? You want to start discussing interference and the FBI in the same thread? Let's start with the election. Admittedly we don't have all the evidence because a lot of it has conveniently been lost, but I dare say the Obama FBI/Justice organization was fraught with corruption and intention to influence if not down right manipulate the election results.
Are you talking about this? This bears all the hallmarks of an invented story. It's being pushed by Republican operatives who (and this is the crucial giveaway) don't want to release all of the information (in this case, the texts), just the portion that they think supports their narrative. If there was any there there, Republicans would have released all of the pair's texts to the press and we'd be able to see for ourselves the truth or falsity of what's being claimed.

And that's leaving aside that Comey's unprecedented policy departure by commenting publicly on an ongoing investigation approximately a week before the election was a direct contributing factor to Donny's election. Arguing that the FBI was trying to tip the scales in Secretary Clinton's direction is, to say the least, risible. --Bob
It turns out, by the way, that the FBI agent at the center of the Republican narrative wrote the first draft of the Comey letter reopening the investigation into Secretary Clinton immediately before the election. But now the Republican narrative is that this guy was trying to help Clinton? Give me a freakin' break. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote: It turns out, by the way, that the FBI agent at the center of the Republican narrative wrote the first draft of the Comey letter reopening the investigation into Secretary Clinton immediately before the election. But now the Republican narrative is that this guy was trying to help Clinton? Give me a freakin' break. --Bob
Republican reporting of the "facts" (often as parroted by their flunkies like Flock) is very selective, omitting key details like the numerous text messages agent Strozek sent his girlfriend that were critical of Hillary and the Democrats or the fact that the "Steele dossier" was originally commissioned by people backing Ted Cruz and other Republican opponents of Trump. The mere fact that the Republicans want to release their interpretation of the facts in the Nunes document while refusing to release the Democratic comments on those same facts should tell you all you need to know about the substance of this "conspiracy" the Republicans keep alleging.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#39 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: It turns out, by the way, that the FBI agent at the center of the Republican narrative wrote the first draft of the Comey letter reopening the investigation into Secretary Clinton immediately before the election. But now the Republican narrative is that this guy was trying to help Clinton? Give me a freakin' break. --Bob
Republican reporting of the "facts" (often as parroted by their flunkies like Flock) is very selective, omitting key details like the numerous text messages agent Strozek sent his girlfriend that were critical of Hillary and the Democrats or the fact that the "Steele dossier" was originally commissioned by people backing Ted Cruz and other Republican opponents of Trump. The mere fact that the Republicans want to release their interpretation of the facts in the Nunes document while refusing to release the Democratic comments on those same facts should tell you all you need to know about the substance of this "conspiracy" the Republicans keep alleging.
And the fact that they're releasing it despite very real concerns from the FBI that it will disclose sources and methods of intelligence-gathering tells you all you need to know about the sincerity of their complaints about Secretary Clinton's handling of e-mail. --Bob

BackInTex

#40 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:And the fact that they're releasing it despite very real concerns from the FBI that it will disclose sources and methods of intelligence-gathering tells you all you need to know about the sincerity of their complaints about Secretary Clinton's handling of e-mail. --Bob
The FBI's concerns about releasing the memo tells me that the FBI is concerned about its reputation and specifically those with concerns are concerned about their own futures because they're screwed.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And the fact that they're releasing it despite very real concerns from the FBI that it will disclose sources and methods of intelligence-gathering tells you all you need to know about the sincerity of their complaints about Secretary Clinton's handling of e-mail. --Bob
The FBI's concerns about releasing the memo tells me that the FBI is concerned about its reputation and specifically those with concerns are concerned about their own futures because they're screwed.
Just curious, BiT, do you have any explanation as to why the Republicans are releasing their own memo but refuse to release the Democrats' memo covering the same material?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#42 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fascinating. I haven't read the Republican memo yet. My understanding is that it hasn't yet been publicly released. What does it say that leads you to this conclusion? --Bob

BackInTex

#43 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Fascinating. I haven't read the Republican memo yet. My understanding is that it hasn't yet been publicly released. What does it say that leads you to this conclusion? --Bob
The same thing is said when you read it. I assume there is only one version going around.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#44 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am

I just noticed this 'fact'. Where do you get the idea that Ted Cruz had anything to do with the Steele Dossier? That's the first I've ever heard of it. Probably alleged by some pointy head democrat panelist on MSLSD. No mention of Cruz in Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... ia_dossier

Just heard the first highlights of the Nunes Memo. Apparently they are reporting that the Steele dossier and Fusion GPS were the main reason FISA was brought in to spy on the trump campaign. The Steele Dossier was apparently commissioned and paid for by the Clinton campaign. More information coming.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#45 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I just noticed this 'fact'. Where do you get the idea that Ted Cruz had anything to do with the Steele Dossier? That's the first I've ever heard of it. Probably alleged by some pointy head democrat panelist on MSLSD. No mention of Cruz in Wikipedia.

Just heard the first highlights of the Nunes Memo. Apparently they are reporting that the Steele dossier and Fusion GPS were the main reason FISA was brought in to spy on the trump campaign. The Steele Dossier was apparently commissioned and paid for by the Clinton campaign. More information coming.
I see you've been reading Forbes. Here're the real facts: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/us/p ... ained.html

silverscreenselect

#46 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 am

As of now, the Republican source hasn't been narrowed to Cruz, since, not surprisingly, the various individual Republicans are denying it. But it definitely started with the anti-Trump Republicans before Hillary picked it up:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics ... index.html

[/quote] Just heard the first highlights of the Nunes Memo. Apparently they are reporting that the Steele dossier and Fusion GPS were the main reason FISA was brought in to spy on the trump campaign. The Steele Dossier was apparently commissioned and paid for by the Clinton campaign. More information coming.[/quote]

Very selective reporting here. The FISA court had already approved surveillance on Carter Page, who had lengthy known ties to Russia (it's almost a sure bet he's going to be indicted if he doesn't flip). This application was for the renewal of the surveillance as required by law. So, they had been following Page since well before he got involved with Trump and merely continued it. And there was tons of information already available about Page (the application for the warrant is very lengthy), with the Steele dossier only one part of it and corroborating what the Court already had in front of it.

Here's the facts about the people involved in this so-called "deep state" far left conspiracy:

Robert Mueller - Hired at the Justice Department under George Bush, Sr. Nominated as Head of FBI by George Bush, Jr. and approved by Senate twice, unanimously. Partner at Wilmer Hale whose clients include Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, and Ivanka Trump.

Rod Rosenstein - Republican, wrote the memo Trump used as cover for firing Comey.

Christopher Wray - Republican. Appointed Assistant AG by George Bush, Jr. Represented Chris Christie in Bridgegate.

James Comey - Registered Republican. Deputy AG under George Bush, Jr. Publicly announced reopening of Clinton investigation 2 weeks before election.

Andrew McCabe - Voted in 2016 Republican primary.

Now, either the deep state spent decades inventing cover stories for these men, or these allegations of a conspiracy are full of crap.

The reason that the "first you're hearing" of a lot of things is when the Bobs or I mention them on this Bored is because you spend most of your time listening to the same recycled right wing talking points on Fox, Breitbart, and the others.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

flockofseagulls104

#47 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:17 am

Bob Juch wrote:

I see you've been reading Forbes. Here're the real facts: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/us/p ... ained.html
What, are you SSS? Telling me what I listen to and read? No, I have not read Forbes. I don't think I ever have read Forbes. Ask yourself why you would think that, if you are capable of introspection.

I went to Wikipedia to see if they even mention Cruz in connection with the Steele Dossier. They don't. Surely some wikipedia contributor would have added that if there was some kind of connection there, even a spurious accusation by an MSLSD wingnut.

The NY Times is, and hasn't been for a long time, a reliable reporter of facts. They have been proven, time and time again, to have a liberal bias. Even so, in the article you link to it says:

After Mr. Trump secured the nomination, Fusion GPS was hired on behalf of Mrs. Clinton’s campaign and the D.N.C. by their law firm, Perkins Coie, to compile research about Mr. Trump, his businesses and associates — including possible connections with Russia. It was at that point that Fusion GPS hired Mr. Steele, who has deep sourcing in Russia, to gather information.

So, what is your point?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 am

As of now, the Republican source hasn't been narrowed to Cruz, since, not surprisingly, the various individual Republicans are denying it. But it definitely started with the anti-Trump Republicans before Hillary picked it up:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics ... index.html

Just heard the first highlights of the Nunes Memo. Apparently they are reporting that the Steele dossier and Fusion GPS were the main reason FISA was brought in to spy on the trump campaign. The Steele Dossier was apparently commissioned and paid for by the Clinton campaign. More information coming.[/quote]

Very selective reporting here. The FISA court had already approved surveillance on Carter Page, who had lengthy known ties to Russia (it's almost a sure bet he's going to be indicted if he doesn't flip). This application was for the renewal of the surveillance as required by law. So, they had been following Page since well before he got involved with Trump and merely continued it. And there was tons of information already available about Page (the application for the warrant is very lengthy), with the Steele dossier only one part of it and corroborating what the Court already had in front of it.

Here's the facts about the people involved in this so-called "deep state" far left conspiracy:

Robert Mueller - Hired at the Justice Department under George Bush, Sr. Nominated as Head of FBI by George Bush, Jr. and approved by Senate twice, unanimously. Partner at Wilmer Hale whose clients include Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, and Ivanka Trump.

Rod Rosenstein - Republican, wrote the memo Trump used as cover for firing Comey.

Christopher Wray - Republican. Appointed Assistant AG by George Bush, Jr. Represented Chris Christie in Bridgegate.

James Comey - Registered Republican. Deputy AG under George Bush, Jr. Publicly announced reopening of Clinton investigation 2 weeks before election.

Andrew McCabe - Voted in 2016 Republican primary.

Now, either the deep state spent decades inventing cover stories for these men, or these allegations of a conspiracy are full of crap.

The reason that the "first you're hearing" of a lot of things is when the Bobs or I mention them on this Bored is because you spend most of your time listening to the same recycled right wing talking points on Fox, Breitbart, and the others.[/quote]

Um, SSS, what is the point of pointing out these people were republicans? The republican party hated trump as much or even more than you do until it became clear he was going to get the nomination, or don't you remember?

Bob Juch

#49 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:What, are you SSS? Telling me what I listen to and read? No, I have not read Forbes. I don't think I ever have read Forbes. Ask yourself why you would think that, if you are capable of introspection.
Because you parrot what's in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderi ... b2f1930ce9

flockofseagulls104

#50 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:What, are you SSS? Telling me what I listen to and read? No, I have not read Forbes. I don't think I ever have read Forbes. Ask yourself why you would think that, if you are capable of introspection.
Because you parrot what's in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderi ... b2f1930ce9
I don't parrot anything, polly.