More interference with the FBI

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: More interference with the FBI

#51 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:39 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:What, are you SSS? Telling me what I listen to and read? No, I have not read Forbes. I don't think I ever have read Forbes. Ask yourself why you would think that, if you are capable of introspection.
Because you parrot what's in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderi ... b2f1930ce9
I don't parrot anything, polly.
Flock, every political comment you make can be traced directly to some spurious right wing source.

A parrot doesn't realize it's parroting either.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:46 am

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Because you parrot what's in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderi ... b2f1930ce9
I don't parrot anything, polly.
Flock, every political comment you make can be traced directly to some spurious right wing source.

A parrot doesn't realize it's parroting either.
Really? I don't even know where to start on that. I don't even think it's worth my time. Go ahead and keep thinking that, SSS, if it makes you feel comfortable with your bigoted mindset.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#54 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Read it for yourself

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... letter.pdf

I'm going to predict the usual suspects will have no problem with any of this, because, feelings. And Trump.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#55 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:21 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

I'm going to predict the usual suspects will have no problem with any of this, because, feelings. And Trump.
Bob#s was so worried because the FBI had "grave concerns" regarding its release. As I thought, those concerns were primarily for their reputation. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in that document poses a risk to national security.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#56 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:29 pm

BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Bob#s was so worried because the FBI had "grave concerns" regarding its release. As I thought, those concerns were primarily for their reputation. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in that document poses a risk to national security.
He parroted that concern from spurious left-wing sources. No one on this bored thinks for themselves except SSS. At least that's what hannity told me to write.

tlynn78

#57 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

He parroted that concern from spurious left-wing sources. No one on this bored thinks for themselves except SSS. At least that's what hannity told me to write.
LOL!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#58 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

No response yet from the usual suspects. I guess there are no clear focus group talking points released yet from CNN.

silverscreenselect

#59 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 pm

BackInTex wrote: Bob#s was so worried because the FBI had "grave concerns" regarding its release. As I thought, those concerns were primarily for their reputation. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in that document poses a risk to national security.
Why won't Trump and the Republicans release the Democratic memo which gives their interpretation of the underlying documents (none of which we have seen)?

Bob Juch

#60 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

So you're claiming it shouldn't have been classified?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh, this is going to be amusing.

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 pm

BackInTex wrote: Bob#s was so worried because the FBI had "grave concerns" regarding its release. As I thought, those concerns were primarily for their reputation. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in that document poses a risk to national security.
And as far as I can tell, nothing in this memo hasn't been out in public for months already. The only thing this memo does is put the "official" seal of approval of the Republican members of the committee.

The gist of the memo is that the Steele dossier was the only or the primary evidence in support of the FISA warrant, and there's no documentation to back that up because the actual presentation to the FISA court is classified (and it probably should be since it could well list confidential sources for some of the facts it provided). There is also a statement from McCabe that "no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information." Of course, that's obviously a paraphrase, and McCabe's testimony before the Committee has not been made public so it's impossible to know just what he actually said and in what context.

Now, the usual Trump flunkies like Flock and Hannity will have a field day with this "definitive proof" but without context it means nothing.

Three observations and ruminations:

1) I don't think the FBI was inclined against Trump before all this, but I doubt he's got many friends there now and it won't get better if he fires his most recent appointee Wray and replaces him with a toady.

2) I wonder how long it's going to take the Democratic response to this memo to get leaked to the press. My guess is shortly after Trump refuses an official request to make it public.

3) I have a feeling that winter (in the sense of big name indictments) is coming sooner rather than later although it may be a while if ever before the land the Big Kahuna. And unlike this memo, when someone gets indicted, the facts in the indictment become part of the public record and will be made public almost immediately, so people can judge whether it's a hatchet job or not. And, while prosecutors often hold back a lot of cards in an indictment to avoid tipping off the defense, Mueller will lay it on here.

silverscreenselect

#63 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:11 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:No response yet from the usual suspects. I guess there are no clear focus group talking points released yet from CNN.
Is this one of the usual suspects?
U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement on partisan attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice:

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro, and beyond. Putin’s regime launched cyberattacks and spread disinformation with the goal of sowing chaos and weakening faith in our institutions. And while we have no evidence that these efforts affected the outcome of our election, I fear they succeeded in fueling political discord and dividing us from one another.

“The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all of the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”
https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/in ... 4EDBE182C1

flockofseagulls104

#64 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Why won't Trump and the Republicans release the Democratic memo which gives their interpretation of the underlying documents (none of which we have seen)?
Not to worry. It will be leaked soon.

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:No response yet from the usual suspects. I guess there are no clear focus group talking points released yet from CNN.
Is this one of the usual suspects?
U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement on partisan attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice:

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro, and beyond. Putin’s regime launched cyberattacks and spread disinformation with the goal of sowing chaos and weakening faith in our institutions. And while we have no evidence that these efforts affected the outcome of our election, I fear they succeeded in fueling political discord and dividing us from one another.

“The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all of the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”
https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/in ... 4EDBE182C1
Yes.

jarnon

#66 Post by jarnon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm

I assume the link to the memo was readable when Flock posted it, but now it's garbled (Russian hackers at work?). Here's a better link:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... SD001.html

Given Nunes's track record, I give this memo as much credibility as stories that Clinton ran a human trafficking ring, or Trump cavorted with Russian prostitutes.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#67 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm

jarnon wrote:I assume the link to the memo was readable when Flock posted it, but now it's garbled (Russian hackers at work?). Here's a better link:

Given Nunes's track record, I give this memo as much credibility as stories that Clinton ran a human trafficking ring, or Trump cavorted with Russian prostitutes.

Certainly explains why Dems tried so hard to keep it sealed, or discredit it.
:roll:

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#68 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:40 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
jarnon wrote:I assume the link to the memo was readable when Flock posted it, but now it's garbled (Russian hackers at work?). Here's a better link:

Please explain to me in detail why this memorandum is more accurate than the Democratic response memo. Thanks.

The Democratic position was that a one-sided release was inappropriate. Both or none should be released. Why are the Republicans afraid for the public to see the Democratic response memo?

But all of this is a tempest in a teapot. At this point, the issue isn't how the investigation got started. It's whether Donny and his campaign colluded with the Russians to violate U.S. law (and get himself elected), including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#69 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:54 pm

We all need to wait to see what David Duke thinks of all this.

tlynn78

#70 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Please explain to me in detail why this memorandum is more accurate than the Democratic response memo. Thanks.

The Democratic position was that a one-sided release was inappropriate. Both or none should be released. Why are the Republicans afraid for the public to see the Democratic response memo?

But all of this is a tempest in a teapot. At this point, the issue isn't how the investigation got started. It's whether Donny and his campaign colluded with the Russians to violate U.S. law (and get himself elected), including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. --Bob
I haven't seen the Dem response memo.

It is clear to anyone who isn't blinded by Trump-hate that Clinton, after first cheating Bernie to assure herself the nomination, continued to attempt to secure the presidency by any means necessary, aided by the Obama administration. Tell me you'll be fine if Trump has "his" FBI conduct similar activities against his opponent in three years.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote: At this point, the issue isn't how the investigation got started. It's whether Donny and his campaign colluded with the Russians to violate U.S. law (and get himself elected), including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. --Bob
The memo deals with evidence in connection with the renewal of a warrant in October 2016 against Carter Page, a Trump aide who had known ties to Russian interests dating back several years. And, as the memo itself indicates, the investigation into Trump began months earlier based on information regarding George Papadapolous, who has already been flipped.

If you look at the totality of "abuses" being alleged here, you find that they were all committed by FBI agents and Justice Department officials who were Republicans, many of them appointed to their offices by Bush or Trump, including Rosenstein and Wray. What the Republicans now claim is that their own people were biased against them to the extent of setting up a deep state operation to prevent Trump from being elected while at the same time releasing damaging information about Hillary Clinton 10 days before the election. That's really 15-dimensional chess at work.

I am a bit concerned that the longer this "memo" stands out there unchallenged, the greater the risk that the public will accept its conclusory allegations as fact, even though they are devoid of any context or documentation whatsoever. I have a feeling that the Democratic response will surface sooner rather than later.

silverscreenselect

#72 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
The reason you or anyone else in the general public hasn't seen the Democratic response is that the Republicans refused to declassify it and allow its release.

It is clear to anyone who isn't blinded by Trump-hate that Clinton, after first cheating Bernie to assure herself the nomination, continued to attempt to secure the presidency by any means necessary, aided by the Obama administration. Tell me you'll be fine if Trump has "his" FBI conduct similar activities against his opponent in three years.
Leaving aside what Evil Hillary would or would not do, the fact is that the FBI is predominantly populated by Republicans, including James Comey the director at the time. If Comey wanted to ensure Hillary's win, all he had to do was sit on that last Wienergate e-mail investigation for two more weeks and no one would have been the wiser.

tlynn78

#73 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
The reason you or anyone else in the general public hasn't seen the Democratic response is that the Republicans refused to declassify it and allow its release.

Leaving aside what Evil Hillary would or would not do, the fact is that the FBI is predominantly populated by Republicans, including James Comey the director at the time. If Comey wanted to ensure Hillary's win, all he had to do was sit on that last Wienergate e-mail investigation for two more weeks and no one would have been the wiser.
LOL - you're still telling yourself it was Comey who cost Hillary the election?

BackInTex

#74 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote: The Democratic position was that a one-sided release was inappropriate. Both or none should be released. Why are the Republicans afraid for the public to see the Democratic response memo?

Bobbie, Bobbie, Bobbie. The Democratic position WAS that it would damaging to our security. The Democratic position NOW is that it is one sided. Funny how that changed, and how you try to change history.

Don't worry, it will be leaked, because those wanting it released have no qualms about breaking the law.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#75 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
LOL - you're still telling yourself it was Comey who cost Hillary the election?
Comey didn't cost Hillary the election but he didn't help. The question is if Comey was part of this vast, secret anti-Trump conspiracy to elect Hillary, why did he reopen the Wienergate mess 10 days before the election when it could only hurt Hillary?