By All Means-Concentrate on Global Warming as the Threat

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

By All Means-Concentrate on Global Warming as the Threat

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 am

From a 10-year old Audubon club magazine-obviously, the scale of detruction has since gotten larger.

Since 1970, about a quarter of the world's mangroves have been destroyed to make shrimp farms.

ghostjmf

Re: By All Means-Concentrate on Global Warming as the Threat

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 am

Global Warming is having even more catastrophic results in arctic regions already than were predicted.

Deforestation by various Big Businesses also has catastrophic effects on the environment.

And killing of animals people are not going to eat for trophy heads, skins & for tusks that have absolutely no medical value &/or "just for fun" renders species extinct all by itself.

Things don't have to be related to each other to be bad for the earth.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Global Warming is having even more catastrophic results in arctic regions already than were predicted.

Name one catastrophic results of global warming in the Arctic
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:Global Warming is having even more catastrophic results in arctic regions already than were predicted.

Name one catastrophic results of global warming in the Arctic
It affects global weather. The recent arctic blasts show that.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#5 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm

tmitsss says: Name one etc:

Lots of diminished icebergs. Nowhere for polar animals to hang out & raise their babies. Sea levels rising everywhere. Which is really bad if you're on an island. Or even in Miami!

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:46 pm

ghostjmf wrote:tmitsss says: Name one etc:

Lots of diminished icebergs. Nowhere for polar animals to hang out & raise their babies. Sea levels rising everywhere. Which is really bad if you're on an island. Or even in Miami!
No evidence of sea level rising in my backyard. I would expect if the 'arctic blasts' are evidence of global warming, then I should see my backyard disappearing.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

themanintheseersuckersuit

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 am

ghostjmf wrote:tmitsss says: Name one etc:

None of there are catastrophic, Polar Bears are doing quite well. Arctic ice is sea ice and doesn't cause sealevel rise if it melts. Price of Miami real estate keeps rising.

https://polarbearscience.com/2018/01/21 ... ore-113760
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.