Philly Fans Were Nice Until Trump

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Philly Fans Were Nice Until Trump

#1 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:43 am

From an editorial by Frank Bruni of the New York Times carried in the Star Trib. Damn Trump anyway, he turned the nicest fans in all of sports into rude cretins.

>>>"Please forgive the mixed bestial metaphor, but these Eagles aren't cuddly underdogs. They have fans so famously obnoxious that after Sunday's rout, some of them threw beer cans at a Vikings team bus as it pulled away from the stadium. Sore winning: I wonder which of our amazing leaders taught them that."<<<<<

jarnon

Re: Philly Fans Were Nice Until Trump

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 am

Spock wrote:From an editorial by Frank Bruni of the New York Times carried in the Star Trib. Damn Trump anyway, he turned the nicest fans in all of sports into rude cretins.

>>>"Please forgive the mixed bestial metaphor, but these Eagles aren't cuddly underdogs. They have fans so famously obnoxious that after Sunday's rout, some of them threw beer cans at a Vikings team bus as it pulled away from the stadium. Sore winning: I wonder which of our amazing leaders taught them that."<<<<<
I suppose you’re quoting this because it’s ridiculous, and you’re right. I’ve been to a number of Eagles events in the last year, and the locals were generally well behaved.

Go Birds!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי