Finally! We know what HQ stands for.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Finally! We know what HQ stands for.

#1 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Spoiler

Did anyone hear it differently?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

Re: Finally! We know what HQ stands for.

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:52 am

BackInTex wrote:
Spoiler

Did anyone hear it differently?
Ether this is some sort of meta-humor that escapes me or BiT forgot to include something.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 am

meta-humor escaped me too.

I even googled it & got nothing unexpected or that I thought would be funny to BiT.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:18 am

If it's the trivia game, it's:
Spoiler
High Quality
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:If it's the trivia game, it's:
Spoiler
High Quality
Thanks Bob.

For all the others, at the beginning of last night's game the host said to stay until the end and they'd reveal what HQ stood for. When at the end the host said "and HQ stands for....", there was a big build up of noise and graphics and then the simple screen telling me when the next game was to be appeared. I got nothing in regards to what the meaning of HQ was.

If Bob is correct, and for this I have no reason to assume he isn't, I find it highly ironic given the constant issues the game has with freezing up, counting correct answers incorrect, or simply failing to launch.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:30 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:If it's the trivia game, it's:
Spoiler
High Quality
Thanks Bob.

For all the others, at the beginning of last night's game the host said to stay until the end and they'd reveal what HQ stood for. When at the end the host said "and HQ stands for....", there was a big build up of noise and graphics and then the simple screen telling me when the next game was to be appeared. I got nothing in regards to what the meaning of HQ was.

If Bob is correct, and for this I have no reason to assume he isn't, I find it highly ironic given the constant issues the game has with freezing up, counting correct answers incorrect, or simply failing to launch.
I found that I need to turn off my Wi-Fi and use my cellular data connection. Good thing I have unlimited data.

I also have problems with Cash Show. I tried to play the 1:30 AST game and it never started. I had "connection problems" or whatever flash on the screen earlier but not at the time it was supposed to start.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Elaine: You got a telegram from headquarters today.

Striker: Headquarters? What is it?

Elaine: Well, it's a big building where generals meet. But that's not important right now.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 am

Last night they "again" revealed what HQ means (because they "realized" Scott was cutoff).

Spoiler
Happy Quinceanera

Bob, did they actual say what you said on Saturday night?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 am

BackInTex wrote:Last night they "again" revealed what HQ means (because they "realized" Scott was cutoff).

Spoiler
Happy Quinceanera

Bob, did they actual say what you said on Saturday night?
No, but they used that explanation when they launched.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#10 Post by frogman042 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 pm

For a while I've been trying to figure out what their business model was. I discounted that they were just fishing for personal data to resell (they seemed too legit for that), although that could be a possibility. I then thought that they would start selling ads, although that hasn't and I don't think people would be upset if during the countdown or even between questions an ad popped up. Although that might eventually happen, I don't think that is where they are going to make money. Someone suggested data mining based on what people know - again unlikely in my opinion.

I think that the answer is that they are developing a High-Quality (HQ) platform to do real time interactive video and this is a massive way to beta test to get all the bugs out and provide the proof of concept that they can do this reliably, world-wide with millions of users. I think having a platform like that could be very profitable for a whole variety of customers (massive interactive sporting event fan participation, political debates, world-wide conferences, etc). They could use this platform and sell it as a service and now they have the data that they can efficiently handle any load that is thrown at it, world-wide.

Basically they gotten us to sign up to test their platform by dangling (now $2,500) twice a day and a bit more on Sunday's. I've seen over 1.6 million users at one point. I wonder how much it would cost them if they had to go out and hire a testing community of that size, and bots wouldn't give the same experience as well. No way would they get this many people to sign up to test their software for free. But getting a million plus twice a day to help them for $5,000 is a steal for them from a software development cost.

So I predict they will try to monetize it by offering the platform once they reach that stage. Not unlike how Watson is now being used by IBM even though it's original development was to answer trivia questions. BTW, I would imagine that Watson would do really well playing HQ.

Thoughts?

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:54 pm

frogman042 wrote:For a while I've been trying to figure out what their business model was. I discounted that they were just fishing for personal data to resell (they seemed too legit for that), although that could be a possibility. I then thought that they would start selling ads, although that hasn't and I don't think people would be upset if during the countdown or even between questions an ad popped up. Although that might eventually happen, I don't think that is where they are going to make money. Someone suggested data mining based on what people know - again unlikely in my opinion.

I think that the answer is that they are developing a High-Quality (HQ) platform to do real time interactive video and this is a massive way to beta test to get all the bugs out and provide the proof of concept that they can do this reliably, world-wide with millions of users. I think having a platform like that could be very profitable for a whole variety of customers (massive interactive sporting event fan participation, political debates, world-wide conferences, etc). They could use this platform and sell it as a service and now they have the data that they can efficiently handle any load that is thrown at it, world-wide.

Basically they gotten us to sign up to test their platform by dangling (now $2,500) twice a day and a bit more on Sunday's. I've seen over 1.6 million users at one point. I wonder how much it would cost them if they had to go out and hire a testing community of that size, and bots wouldn't give the same experience as well. No way would they get this many people to sign up to test their software for free. But getting a million plus twice a day to help them for $5,000 is a steal for them from a software development cost.

So I predict they will try to monetize it by offering the platform once they reach that stage. Not unlike how Watson is now being used by IBM even though it's original development was to answer trivia questions. BTW, I would imagine that Watson would do really well playing HQ.

Thoughts?
So what's Cash Show's model? The same?

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

frogman042 wrote: Basically they gotten us to sign up to test their platform by dangling (now $2,500) twice a day and a bit more on Sunday's. I've seen over 1.6 million users at one point. I wonder how much it would cost them if they had to go out and hire a testing community of that size, and bots wouldn't give the same experience as well. No way would they get this many people to sign up to test their software for free. But getting a million plus twice a day to help them for $5,000 is a steal for them from a software development cost.

Thoughts?
I concluded the same thing a couple of days ago. I also at first thought it might be the sale of our phone numbers, but when the participating numbers kept getting bigger, and Scott keeps making a big deal of it, I realized it was a big deal. And they keep improving things some what.

Not only is
Spoiler
Soylent Green people
but
Spoiler
HQ players are 4th world sweat shop IT workers.
:)
~~ Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm

BiT: No, 4th-world beta-testers work for a salary. It may be 11 cents a day, but they're generally paid it, not told "its a contest".