Super Bowl LII

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Super Bowl LII

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Featuring two of the most likable fan bases ever.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

MarkBarrett

Re: Super Bowl LII

#2 Post by MarkBarrett » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Vandal wrote:Featuring two of the most likable fan bases ever.
I'll take Sarcasm for $400.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:19 pm

I must admit, The Puppy Bowl is looking pretty good right now.

Ah well, in a couple of weeks I'll be able to watch some curling. Actually, I'm not kidding all that much. I am strangely fascinated by it.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mellytu74

#4 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Yo, you gotta a problem wit that?

Vandal
Director of Promos

#5 Post by Vandal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:10 pm

WTF North Dakota??

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Vandal wrote:WTF North Dakota??

The cold freezes their brains.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 pm

A Super Bowl between possibly two of the least-liked teams in history. Hmmm. Reminds me of something. Something recent. Can't quite put my tiny fingers on it.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mellytu74

#8 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:54 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:A Super Bowl between possibly two of the least-liked teams in history. Hmmm. Reminds me of something. Something recent. Can't quite put my tiny fingers on it.
Well, there's that but....

The Eagles are less-liked than Jack Tatum's Raiders? Wow.

You can't like a guy who donated his entire salary to schools and scholarships? Or the one who is selling tee shirts to benefit the Philadelphia schools? And, between them, shamed the NFL into donating proceeds of Eagles' tee shirt sales to Philadelphia schools?

You're killing me, Smalls.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/t ... icial-shop

jaybee

#9 Post by jaybee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:58 pm

But they are both, like, great teams.
Jaybee

mrkelley23

#10 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:A Super Bowl between possibly two of the least-liked teams in history. Hmmm. Reminds me of something. Something recent. Can't quite put my tiny fingers on it.

You can't like a guy who donated his entire salary to schools and scholarships? Or the one who is selling tee shirts to benefit the Philadelphia schools? And, between them, shamed the NFL into donating proceeds of Eagles' tee shirt sales to Philadelphia schools?

Sometimes one has to take some creative license in order to make a joke. This one was more tortured than most, but still. If you just look at my Facebook feed, you'd think these two teams were the most-hated sports teams in the history of the planet. Since I haven't watched an NFL game in more than two years, I don't even know much about either team.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mellytu74

#11 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:

Sometimes one has to take some creative license in order to make a joke. This one was more tortured than most, but still. If you just look at my Facebook feed, you'd think these two teams were the most-hated sports teams in the history of the planet. Since I haven't watched an NFL game in more than two years, I don't even know much about either team.
AH!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vandal
Director of Promos

#12 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Please stand.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Vandal
Director of Promos

#14 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Most hated teams (professional variety):

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. New York Jets
5. New England Patriots
6. Washington Redskins
7-31. TIE
32. The team that has Tom Brady's number in the Super Bowl.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

elwoodblues

#16 Post by elwoodblues » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:53 pm

There is no football today unless you count the Pro Bowl. And nobody counts the Pro Bowl.

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:10 pm

elwoodblues wrote:There is no football today unless you count the Pro Bowl. And nobody counts the Pro Bowl.
While we were getting ready to go out, I noticed ESPN had some sort of flag football competition going. Does that count?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#18 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 am

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

andrewjackson

#19 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Most hated teams (professional variety):

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. New York Jets
5. New England Patriots
6. Washington Redskins
7-31. TIE
Is this your list? I don't know anyone that hates the Falcons. Or Jets? Why would anyone hate the Jets for the last 50 years?

The Packers would be much, much higher on my list. Right up there with the Cowboys and Patriots.
No matter where you go, there you are.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:42 am

andrewjackson wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Most hated teams (professional variety):

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. New York Jets
5. New England Patriots
6. Washington Redskins
7-31. TIE
Is this your list? I don't know anyone that hates the Falcons. Or Jets? Why would anyone hate the Jets for the last 50 years?

The Packers would be much, much higher on my list. Right up there with the Cowboys and Patriots.

It's definitely the list of a NY Giants fan who would happen to live in Atlanta.... which I believe describes SSS pretty well.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#21 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:58 pm

andrewjackson wrote: Is this your list? I don't know anyone that hates the Falcons. Or Jets? Why would anyone hate the Jets for the last 50 years?
Ooh! Ooh! (hand raised and waving wildly). I know!

I'll start with Mark Gastineau. Really disliked him , with the same fervor I now hold for Brady, Belichick, and Gronkowski. There were a couple others from Gastineau's day I didn't like, but he was the main focus of my ire.

Then there was Bryan Cox. Although I remember him primarily as a Dolphin, He did spend a couple of years with the Jets. Guy was a real jerk as a player.

But here's the main reason I hate the Jets:

I live in upstate NY, about 30 miles from Albany. Back when NBC had the AFC games, the local station would run a weekly poll for fans to pick the game they wanted to see. The choices involved whatever games involved The Jets, Bills, and Patriots. The Bills almost always won. Life was good.

Then CBS took the AFC games, and the local station had no power to choose the game. The decisions were made by the suits in NY City, who decided that all Albany area fans must be Jet supporters. If they had bothered to listen to the local affiliate, or even spent a day or two in the malls, they would see just as much, and likely more, Bills gear as they would Jets gear. And we're pretty much located smack dab between Buffalo and New Jersey (and there's another bone of contention...they pander to the NYC crowd and still call themselves "NEW YORK" when they hightailed it out of New York and play in NEW JERSEY...the Bills are the only TRUE New York team. Jets and Giants both are like the guy who's bedding his mistress every night but telling his wife "yeah, but I gave YOU my name!").

So there you go. The Jets keep me from watching my Bills every week (we don't have NFL Sunday Ticket on my cable system). Whenever they play at the same time, the Jets game gets the nod (with a very rare exception, like toward the tail end of this season when the Jets were eliminated but the Bills were still in the hunt..I was surprised because that usually has not been the case in that scenario in the past).

The Pats are at the top of my hate parade. But the Jets are #2. Cowboys #3 (those 2 Super Bowl losses were humiliating, and I always bristled at that term "America's Team"...I am an American, and they're not MY team). Dolphins at #4 (division rival. They were at #1 back in the Kelly vs. Marino days, but for me the intensity has cooled off significantly from when both teams were really really good). Those are really the only teams I hate, although I'm not particularly fond of the Giants, because of the Jersey/NYC thing and "that" Super Bowl loss. My grandson loves them, so it's hard for me to really root against them and see him miserable. Besides, that Super Bowl loss was due to Bill Parcels totally outcoaching Marv Levy, plain and simple. They had the perfect game plan, and it's hard to hate based on that. If they'd only own up to facts, and call themselves The NEW JERSEY Giants, we'd be squared. Don't love the Steelers either, although I can't really say I hate them...just don't normally root FOR them...probably just jealousy..they've won 6 Super Bowls while we're 0-4.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

andrewjackson

#22 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
andrewjackson wrote: Is this your list? I don't know anyone that hates the Falcons. Or Jets? Why would anyone hate the Jets for the last 50 years?
Ooh! Ooh! (hand raised and waving wildly). I know!

I'll start with Mark Gastineau. Really disliked him , with the same fervor I now hold for Brady, Belichick, and Gronkowski. There were a couple others from Gastineau's day I didn't like, but he was the main focus of my ire.

Then there was Bryan Cox. Although I remember him primarily as a Dolphin, He did spend a couple of years with the Jets. Guy was a real jerk as a player.

But here's the main reason I hate the Jets:

I live in upstate NY, about 30 miles from Albany. Back when NBC had the AFC games, the local station would run a weekly poll for fans to pick the game they wanted to see. The choices involved whatever games involved The Jets, Bills, and Patriots. The Bills almost always won. Life was good.

Then CBS took the AFC games, and the local station had no power to choose the game. The decisions were made by the suits in NY City, who decided that all Albany area fans must be Jet supporters. If they had bothered to listen to the local affiliate, or even spent a day or two in the malls, they would see just as much, and likely more, Bills gear as they would Jets gear. And we're pretty much located smack dab between Buffalo and New Jersey (and there's another bone of contention...they pander to the NYC crowd and still call themselves "NEW YORK" when they hightailed it out of New York and play in NEW JERSEY...the Bills are the only TRUE New York team. Jets and Giants both are like the guy who's bedding his mistress every night but telling his wife "yeah, but I gave YOU my name!").

So there you go. The Jets keep me from watching my Bills every week (we don't have NFL Sunday Ticket on my cable system). Whenever they play at the same time, the Jets game gets the nod (with a very rare exception, like toward the tail end of this season when the Jets were eliminated but the Bills were still in the hunt..I was surprised because that usually has not been the case in that scenario in the past).

The Pats are at the top of my hate parade. But the Jets are #2. Cowboys #3 (those 2 Super Bowl losses were humiliating, and I always bristled at that term "America's Team"...I am an American, and they're not MY team). Dolphins at #4 (division rival. They were at #1 back in the Kelly vs. Marino days, but for me the intensity has cooled off significantly from when both teams were really really good). Those are really the only teams I hate, although I'm not particularly fond of the Giants, because of the Jersey/NYC thing and "that" Super Bowl loss. My grandson loves them, so it's hard for me to really root against them and see him miserable. Besides, that Super Bowl loss was due to Bill Parcels totally outcoaching Marv Levy, plain and simple. They had the perfect game plan, and it's hard to hate based on that. If they'd only own up to facts, and call themselves The NEW JERSEY Giants, we'd be squared. Don't love the Steelers either, although I can't really say I hate them...just don't normally root FOR them...probably just jealousy..they've won 6 Super Bowls while we're 0-4.
I definitely get that rationale. I have similar feelings toward the Bears and that is one of the big reasons. When I was a kid in Indiana (in the 70s before the Colts) the Indianapolis stations carried the Bears every single Sunday. They didn't deny me a particular team (I was mostly a Dolphins fans but I got to see them plenty in prime-time or in the playoffs) but they reduced my NFL universe to whoever was playing the Bears. Later I got to know people from Chicago and now I root against all Chicago teams.
No matter where you go, there you are.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#23 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Great map! I'll have to print it out for one of the Thursday bridge players. Our table finished early, and I announced a little too loudly, "I hate Bill Belichick," and I got a look from the next table. So I went over and when his table finished and was ready to apologize if I had insulted his hero, and he said, "Hardly. I'll bet there isn't anybody outside a 300-mile radius of Boston who's rooting for the Pats."

I can show him. :mrgreen:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

#24 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

Great map! I'll have to print it out for one of the Thursday bridge players. Our table finished early, and I announced a little too loudly, "I hate Bill Belichick," and I got a look from the next table. So I went over and when his table finished and was ready to apologize if I had insulted his hero, and he said, "Hardly. I'll bet there isn't anybody outside a 300-mile radius of Boston who's rooting for the Pats."

I can show him. :mrgreen:
North Dakota? Home of Eagles' quarterback Carson Wentz is rooting for the Patriots??

I think not. From Jan. 18:

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/t ... hout-wentz

Not according to the North Dakota folks quoted in this story ( from before the Falcons-Eagles game):

The mayor of Bismarck, North Dakota, Mike Seminary, was a guest on 94 WIP yesterday to say the same thing. North Dakota still has the Eagles' backs.

Bob Juch

#25 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm

I'm rooting for the Patriots because the name of my previous employer is on the Eagles' stadium. :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.