Transcript 1/19/18 - Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman (cont.)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 1/19/18 - Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman (cont.)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm

HAPPY COUPLES WEEK

Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman
Chicago, IL

They are going for $20,000 with only the 50:50 lifeline remaining.

$20,000: 8 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes and 13 seconds is the record time for completing which of these races?
A - America's Cup
B - Iditarod Sled Dog Race
C - Tour de France
D - Ironman Triathlon

They eliminate
Spoiler
A and D
and know that
Spoiler
C occurs in stages over several days
Spoiler
Answer: B (Iditarod Sled Dog Race)

$30,000: Of the 12 stars on tbeir flag, who says the number "has nothing to do with" the number of members, "though the circle is a symbol of unity"?
A - NATO
B - United Nations
C - United Arab Emirates
D - European Union

Jordy and Jahna don't know what the flags of any of these choices look like so they opt for the 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": A & D

Jordy's gut says it's
Spoiler
D
and he's fairly confident. They decide to go for it.
Spoiler
Answer: D (European Union)

commercial break

Jahna was chosen as the person who would make the final answer decision because Jordy tends to answer too quickly and they didn't want to lock in an answer too soon.

$50,000: Known for being watched by insomniacs, ironically, which of the following TV hosts is a narcoleptic?
A - Jimmy Fallon
B - Conan O'Brien
C - Jimmy Kimmel
D - James Corden

Jahna knows what insomnia and narcolepsy are but that isn't any help. Jordy says if there was a movie about his life he would want James Corden to play him. They believe that
Spoiler
James Corden's show is on the latest of them all and it would make sense for that to be the answer
. Jordy wants to go for it; he's confident enough not to want to walk away; they discuss it and Jahna says if they had no idea they would walk, but they think they know. So they go for it.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Jimmy Kimmel)
Jordy & Jahna win $5,000.

commercial break

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 1/19/18 - Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman (con

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:03 pm

20K: Iditarod sledders & their pups stop to sleep & eat. I would have guessed them anyway, but Q is misleading.

50K: That male contestant thought latest time slot host meant something made me sad. Blow as many lifelines as I need on this, & maybe still walk.

earendel

Re: Transcript 1/19/18 - Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman (con

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:HAPPY COUPLES WEEK

Jordy McNamara & Jahna Goldman
Chicago, IL

They are going for $20,000 with only the 50:50 lifeline remaining.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000: Known for being watched by insomniacs, ironically, which of the following TV hosts is a narcoleptic?
A - Jimmy Fallon
B - Conan O'Brien
C - Jimmy Kimmel
D - James Corden

Jahna knows what insomnia and narcolepsy are but that isn't any help. Jordy says if there was a movie about his life he would want James Corden to play him. They believe that
Spoiler
James Corden's show is on the latest of them all and it would make sense for that to be the answer
. Jordy wants to go for it; he's confident enough not to want to walk away; they discuss it and Jahna says if they had no idea they would walk, but they think they know. So they go for it.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Jimmy Kimmel)
Jordy & Jahna win $5,000.
I don't watch any of these shows and wouldn't have any idea; I have all my lifelines and I'll use them, starting with ATA.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."