One Dared Call It Treason

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

One Dared Call It Treason

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 pm

And that one was the President of the United States, who commented that Democrats failing to applaud him during the State of the Union Address were treasonous (his spokespeople have since claimed that his comments were "tongue in cheek").
“It got to a point where I really didn’t even want to look up too much during the speech over to that side because honestly, it was bad energy. Even on positive news, really positive news like that, they were like death and un-American,” he said, repeating, “Un-American. Somebody said treasonous. I mean, yeah, I guess, why not. Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/us/p ... -rout.html

I guess by that same token that numerous Republicans were treasonous during Obama's state of the union addresses, especially Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carollina who said "You lie" to Obama during the middle of one speech. Needless to say that did not sit well with many Democrats, especially Sen. Tammy Duckworth, who, unlike Trump, left half her body behind in Iraq after being wounded in combat.
We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap
I might add that I follow some ardent right wingers on Twitter (if someone follows me, I almost always follow them back and I don't unfollow someone for their political postings). They didn't think Trump was joking and they have been liking and retweeting these messages over and over. They've been sending out various Tweets with pictures of various Democrats including Hillary, Sanders, and Pelosi with the labels traitor.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

Re: One Dared Call It Treason

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 pm

He sounded like he was joking, but I didn't think it was funny.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי