Transcript 1/26/2018 - Kipper Schauer (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 1/26/2018 - Kipper Schauer (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Kipper Schauer
Asheville, NC
Trivia night host and wedding DJ

Kipper has reached the $5,000 threshold and has used his +1 lifeline.

$7000: Because they were losing teeth at different rates, the twin actresses who traded off playing what "Full House" character wore dentures on the show?
A - Stephanie Tanner
B - D.J. Tanner
C - Michelle Tanner
D - Danny Tanner

Kipper's wife is a big fan of the Olson twins.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Michelle Tanner)

$10,000: If the Scottish duo The Proclaimers had used the metric system instead, they would have sung what in their song "I'm Gonna be (500 Miles)"?
A - "I would walk 563.3 km"
B - "I would walk 643.7 km"
C - "I would walk 724.2 km"
D - "I would walk 804.7 km"

Kipper says this will require a little math and hopes he can reason it out without a lifeline.
Spoiler
He says that looking at a speedometer, when driving 60 mph that's 100 km, so it's less than 1000, and the largest number is D. He feels like that's the answer
Spoiler
Answer: D ("I would walk 804.7 km")

"Kipper" is a nickname, but he's also called "Tasty Shoes" because he ends up with his foot in his mouth. He got stopped at a border checkpoint in Arizona and struck up a conversation with the border guard, who asked him if he had anything illegal in the car. "Not any more," Kipper replied.

$20,000: Placed on a commemorative coin to celebrate the U.S.'s 150th year of independence, who is the only president to appear on U.S. currency while still alive?
A - Franklin D. Roosevelt
B - Herbert Hoover
C - Calvin Coolidge
D - Warren Harding

Kipper is really bad with presidents. He wants to look around at the audience, hoping that they may know more about coins and presidents than he does. He decides to ask them.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 39%
B - 23%
C - 23%
D - 15%

Kipper isn't one to disagree with the audience and if he gets it right, they are all getting high fives. He goes with their answer.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Calvin Coolidge)
Kipper wins $5,000.

commercial break

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Transcript 1/26/2018 - Kipper Schauer (carryover)

#2 Post by Estonut » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:26 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:"Kipper" is a nickname, but he's also called "Tasty Shoes" because he ends up with his foot in his mouth. He got stopped at a border checkpoint in Arizona and struck up a conversation with the border guard, who asked him if he had anything illegal in the car. "Not any more," Kipper replied.
Sorry, Kipper, but that's not putting your foot in your mouth. That's being a moron.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 pm

20K: Add 150 to 1776 (or thereabouts) & try to figure out who was Pres. Was not FDR. Hoover just misses it. 50/50. If leaves Harding & Coolidge, +1.

K.P.

#4 Post by K.P. » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 pm

ghostjmf wrote:20K: Add 150 to 1776 (or thereabouts) & try to figure out who was Pres. Was not FDR. Hoover just misses it. 50/50. If leaves Harding & Coolidge, +1.
Harding died in office and Coolidge took over.

My grandfather made the same faux pas at the border that the contestant made, only worse. "Anything illegal? Oh, just the ten pounds of heroin in the trunk." He was kidding, of course, but he was detained for hours while they searched the car. And this was long before 9/11.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kipper Schauer
Asheville, NC
Trivia night host and wedding DJ

Kipper has reached the $5,000 threshold and has used his +1 lifeline.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000: Placed on a commemorative coin to celebrate the U.S.'s 150th year of independence, who is the only president to appear on U.S. currency while still alive?
A - Franklin D. Roosevelt
B - Herbert Hoover
C - Calvin Coolidge
D - Warren Harding

Kipper is really bad with presidents. He wants to look around at the audience, hoping that they may know more about coins and presidents than he does. He decides to ask them.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 39%
B - 23%
C - 23%
D - 15%

Kipper isn't one to disagree with the audience and if he gets it right, they are all getting high fives. He goes with their answer.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Calvin Coolidge)
Kipper wins $5,000.
The 150th anniversary would be 1926. FDR hadn't been elected yet.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."