Threats

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Threats

#1 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I doubt you have ethics.
Bob78164 wrote:I urge you to reconsider whether you want to go there. Or you might just find out through personal experience whether I'm as good a lawyer as I think I am. --Bob
Bob, the above statement by you is a threat, there is no question about it. Now, my question to you is, is it ethical for a licensed attorney in the state of California to threaten litigation against someone on a social media platform when that person simply makes a statement about their opinion of you, directly to you as part of a conversation that you and the person have been having publically for days?

From what I see, you may be giving Flock affirmation of his opinion, right or wrong. I do not think it ethical for an attorney to threaten someone on this platform with legal action for stating an opinon.

I don't recall in the history of this board any member actually threatening another member for any comment, no matter how vile. This is a first, as far as I know.

Perhaps you should take a break from the board.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

Re: Threats

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 am

It's Trump's fault. He made him do it. :roll:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 am

tlynn78 wrote:It's Trump's fault. He made him do it. :roll:
No. No. The Donny made him do it.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 pm

BackInTex wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I doubt you have ethics.
Bob78164 wrote:I urge you to reconsider whether you want to go there. Or you might just find out through personal experience whether I'm as good a lawyer as I think I am. --Bob
Bob, the above statement by you is a threat, there is no question about it. Now, my question to you is, is it ethical for a licensed attorney in the state of California to threaten litigation against someone on a social media platform when that person simply makes a statement about their opinion of you, directly to you as part of a conversation that you and the person have been having publically for days?

From what I see, you may be giving Flock affirmation of his opinion, right or wrong. I do not think it ethical for an attorney to threaten someone on this platform with legal action for stating an opinon.

I don't recall in the history of this board any member actually threatening another member for any comment, no matter how vile. This is a first, as far as I know.

Perhaps you should take a break from the board.
If you're talking about legal ethics (i.e., my obligation to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct), there's no issue. Lawyers threaten lawsuits all the time.

If you're talking about moral ethics, that's something everyone gets to decide for themselves. There's a great deal of abuse that I'm willing to take. But that comment crossed my personal line. Your mileage may vary. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:25 am

Bob78164 wrote:If you're talking about legal ethics (i.e., my obligation to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct), there's no issue. Lawyers threaten lawsuits all the time.

If you're talking about moral ethics, that's something everyone gets to decide for themselves. There's a great deal of abuse that I'm willing to take. But that comment crossed my personal line. Your mileage may vary. --Bob
Translation: Don't call me a bully and I won't beat you up.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Just bringing this forward so we will never forget.

Flock has not posted since the threat from Bobbie.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 pm

BackInTex wrote:Just bringing this forward so we will never forget.

Damn.

I sure wish Bob would apologize so we can hear Flock's rationalization of today's events. No, offense, BiT, but you're no Flock in this department.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Just bringing this forward so we will never forget.

Damn.

I sure wish Bob would apologize so we can hear Flock's rationalization of today's events. No, offense, BiT, but you're no Flock in this department.
None taken.
~~ Thomas Jefferson