R.I.P. Lari White

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

R.I.P. Lari White

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Who, you say?

I read the Cast Away promo and got to the end and was hoping to see Lari but she was left out. So I went to IMDB to get her name (couldn't remember it) and a picture and saw she died just a couple of weeks ago. Sadness. She was beautiful and something about her looks hits my DNA hard. That scene where she and Tom Hanks meet on the dirt road is my favorite in the movie. I don't know if it's because she looks similar to my wife, or my wife is my wife because that look hits my DNA.

Lari White: May 13, 1965 - January 27, 2018

Lari White, 'Now I Know' Country Singer and Actress, Dead at 52
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

Re: R.I.P. Lari White

#2 Post by Spock » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

>>>I don't know if it's because she looks similar to my wife, or my wife is my wife because that look hits my DNA. <<<

That touches on a theory of mine. After somebody you know has a relationship that ends for whatever reason you often hear something like "His new girlfriend looks a lot like his ex." Often, this seems to be a denigration of "Him."

However, my theory is "that look hits his DNA" and is largely independent of him holding a torch for the ex.

FTR, I have often had this discussion with my wife as a pre-emptive strike just in case she sees a picture of, or meets, any girl that I liked ever and to keep her from thinking-"Wait a minute-I look a lot like her and her and her." LOL

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:25 pm

On "A look that hits my DNA" (I like that term).

Over the winter, the kids have dug out our respective yearbooks, apparently with mischief in mind-LOL.

I did not know Mrs. S in high school, I met her a year and a half after she graduated, I am 2 years older.

There is a picture of her in her yearbook that really speaks to me. If I had not known her and looked through a hundred yearbooks at the time, I would have picked out that one picture as somebody I would want to have a relationship with-and that is gospel truth.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm

BackInTex wrote:Who, you say?

I read the Cast Away promo and got to the end and was hoping to see Lari but she was left out. So I went to IMDB to get her name (couldn't remember it) and a picture and saw she died just a couple of weeks ago. Sadness. She was beautiful and something about her looks hits my DNA hard. That scene where she and Tom Hanks meet on the dirt road is my favorite in the movie. I don't know if it's because she looks similar to my wife, or my wife is my wife because that look hits my DNA.

Lari White: May 13, 1965 - January 27, 2018

Lari White, 'Now I Know' Country Singer and Actress, Dead at 52
She's four years older than my wife; they look like sisters.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.