Lyrically Speaking - 2/7/18

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 2/7/18

#26 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Image Bonus: Show me a visual interpretation of the theme of this game. - Babushka dolls seemed to be the only obvious image to use here (though even that is technically not an accurate representation of the theme)... and most of you did that. Of the couple outside the box entries... I agree with Frank. mrkelley's unauthorized use of his likeness was perfect... slightly better than Vandal's panties. So mrk gets the IBB...
Dammit, I was sick last night and slept in this on the one morning you choose to be prompt with the scoring??? I don't know what hurts my heart the most, missing the perfect attendance or not getting to rank on Shania Orleans.

They're not babushka dolls, they're matryoshka dolls! (Says the Russian who found out from ancestry.com that she's not genetically Russian)....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#27 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Image Bonus: Show me a visual interpretation of the theme of this game. - Babushka dolls seemed to be the only obvious image to use here (though even that is technically not an accurate representation of the theme)... and most of you did that. Of the couple outside the box entries... I agree with Frank. mrkelley's unauthorized use of his likeness was perfect... slightly better than Vandal's panties. So mrk gets the IBB...
Dammit, I was sick last night and slept in this on the one morning you choose to be prompt with the scoring??? I don't know what hurts my heart the most, missing the perfect attendance or not getting to rank on Shania Orleans.

They're not babushka dolls, they're matryoshka dolls! (Says the Russian who found out from ancestry.com that she's not genetically Russian)....
Well, Liam Wainwright isn't a very Russian sounding name either, so my ignorance is excused. I would be lying if I didn't say the thought of holding off on the scoring just a bit longer due to your absence ran through my mind.... but ethics won out over sentimentality.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Earl the Squirrel

#28 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Well, Liam Wainwright isn't a very Russian sounding name either, so my ignorance is excused. I would be lying if I didn't say the thought of holding off on the scoring just a bit longer due to your absence ran through my mind.... but ethics won out over sentimentality.

lb13
We joked about the guy on the adverts who had to trade in his lederhosen for a kilt or the woman who had NO IDEA she was one quarter Native American (if you are with your birth family, how do you not know what your parents are at least one quarter?) by saying that I'd find out that I'm 12% Ethiopian.

Surprise, surprise, not Ethiopian but 24% Scandinavian???? Yes, we all look so Nordic with our black hair and brown/green/gold eyes... The solution we came up with is that the VIkings were all around sailors, marauders and mercenaries, so that's for probably some of our Irish and maybe the Russian. There was a small % of Iberian that accounts for the Black Irish/Spanish Armada story....

Meanwhile, sentimental? Hahahahahahahahaha..... I've already copied down today's lyrics and put my notepaper in my rucksack for today's journeys.

mrkelley23

#29 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:1. I'm getting lost in a crowd.
Hear me crying out loud.
Just want you to know.
I know that you have to go.
It's all up to you but whatever you do
Take It Easy On Me - Little River Band (I purposely picked from the chorus to help everyone out in getting this song since it was one of the keystones.... fat lot of good that did.)

2. Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Take It Easy - Eagles

3. We're talking away
I don't know what I'm to say
I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
Take On Me - A-ha (The one song in the game that gave you wiggle room on the Krox in only having to find songs with subsets of the words in the first song, as long as they were in the same order)

4. Know it sounds funny but I just can't stand the pain
Girl, I'm leaving you tomorrow
Easy - Commodores

5. I get frightened in all this darkness
I get nightmares I hate to sleep alone
I need some company a guardian angel
To keep me warm when the cold winds blow.
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money & Ronnie Spector

6. Take that look of worry, mine's an ordinary life
Working when it's daylight
And sleeping when it's night
Take Me Home - Phil Collins

7. now it's time to say good night to you
now its time to bid you sweet adieu
baby, drink a cheers to yesterday
and maybe you'll drink your tears away
Home Tonight - Aerosmith

8. My 16th birthday I was so shy
Not yet a man but ready to try
Music playing people saying
I looked around she caught my eye
Tonight - Kool & The Gang

9. Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
You're Still The One - Shania Twain

10. We've been together since way back when
Sometimes I never want to see you again
Still The One - Orleans

11. I saw you dancing out the ocean
Running fast along the sand
A spirit born of earth and water
Fire flying from your hands
The One - Elton John

12. It's just no good anymore since you went away
Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday
One - Three Dog Night

Kroxquo Bonus: For 10 points, can you come up with another quartet of songs (with artist) that satisfies the theme of this game? You may reuse an artist(s) that appears in this game if you need to. - If you had a first song that contained (in the same left to right order) all three of the titles of your following songs in it, you got the 10 points. I know coming up with this was hard, so I overlooked the outside help this time... and thank you everyone (well, I'd assume everyone) for being honest about it...

Unauthorized? Hey, if I can Google it, it's authorized. I wanted to try to get the one he's using as his avatar right now, but I couldn't find an easy way to do that in my 5 seconds of searching.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Image Bonus: Show me a visual interpretation of the theme of this game. - Babushka dolls seemed to be the only obvious image to use here (though even that is technically not an accurate representation of the theme)... and most of you did that. Of the couple outside the box entries... I agree with Frank. mrkelley's unauthorized use of his likeness was perfect... slightly better than Vandal's panties. So mrk gets the IBB...
Unauthorized? Hey, if I can Google it, it's authorized. I wanted to try to get the one he's using as his avatar right now, but I couldn't find an easy way to do that in my 5 seconds of searching.

Hey, give me some comic license here!

To get the url for the avatar itself, right click and view Properties. Here it is...

Now, if Frank were to suddenly change his avatar, then the embedded image would change with it since the Bored only stores the current avatar image for each member at any one time. I noticed this before back in the days when me and uly were changing avatars almost as often as I change my underwear....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

BackInTex

#31 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I noticed this before back in the days when me and uly were changing avatars almost as often as I change my underwear....

lb13
I'd change mine more often if I didn't have to edit and save the image to what, 400x400? That's a pain. But to do it once a week? That's a lot of work.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am

BackInTex wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I noticed this before back in the days when me and uly were changing avatars almost as often as I change my underwear....

lb13
I'd change mine more often if I didn't have to edit and save the image to what, 400x400? That's a pain. But to do it once a week? That's a lot of work.

200X200.

Of course, I drew all mine that size anyway... which I guess would be considered to be a pain in its own right...

lb13