Lyrically Speaking - 2/9/18

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 2/9/18

#26 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Sprots gets a JJC point for having more half-assed answers than even mini used to...
Hey! I do my best! You may now pay me a nice compliment and give me 54 JJC points.

So I'm heading home from lunch in a blinding blizzard (kidding -- in what used to be a "normal" winter, we would get 20 days out of 31 in January just like this, and everybody just dealt with it).

Anyway, RadioDude has Black Horse and a Cherry Tree playing, and then he wraps up with, "'Black Horse and a Cherry Tree' -- That was the first big hit for singer-songwriter KT Tunstall."

So, LSMeister, please provide me with a list of all upcoming songs so I will know when to pay attention to RadioDude. Thank you.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 2/9/18

#27 Post by Estonut » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 am

littlebeast13 wrote:9. This time I had a good time, ain't got time to wait
I wanna stick around till I can't see straight
Double Vision - Foreigner (You didn't stand much of a chance of winning the tourney if you didn't identify this song... the game's only doubler)
Or you could be a total moron and ID the song, but miss the part about the doubler. If I had used this properly and either not brain-farted on Anita Bell, or used Hell's Bells instead, I think I coulda had second place...

Excellent game, by the way. While playing, I thought you might be kicking yourself about the scoring.

EtA: I looked at Weasel's grid and just realized I mis-arranged my re-evaluation. I skipped past "Seven," cuz I only had 1 of them, but I should have combined them with a Wild and a Double, as he did. D'oh!!1
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx