New J! tests registration open

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

New J! tests registration open

#1 Post by gsabc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:34 am

Adult tests on March 6, 7 and 8. Teen test on March 15.

Timing is terrible for me. GW has hand surgery on the 6th (hereditary arthritis). I obviously will be with her and taking care of her during these dates. And so it goes as my memory continues to deteriorate. As long as the surgery goes well, though, I'll take the trade.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

Re: New J! tests registration open

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

I was on vacation during last year's test. :(

This year, I'm leaving for one on March 7, so I'll be able to take the Tusday test. :)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:14 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I was on vacation during last year's test. :(

This year, I'm leaving for one on March 7, so I'll be able to take the Tusday test. :)
Do you plan these vacations so you'll have an excuse not to take the test?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

triviawayne

#4 Post by triviawayne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 am

gsabc wrote:Adult tests on March 6, 7 and 8. Teen test on March 15.

Timing is terrible for me. GW has hand surgery on the 6th (hereditary arthritis). I obviously will be with her and taking care of her during these dates. And so it goes as my memory continues to deteriorate. As long as the surgery goes well, though, I'll take the trade.
Not to downplay your situation, but the test is only 15 minutes in the evening on one of the three days. Personally, my thought is sign up, and on each day at the designated time you can decide if logging in to take the test on those particular 15 minutes would be a problem. If she's passed out sleeping at one of those times, I would think you could take the test.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 am

triviawayne wrote:
gsabc wrote:Adult tests on March 6, 7 and 8. Teen test on March 15.

Not to downplay your situation, but the test is only 15 minutes in the evening on one of the three days. Personally, my thought is sign up, and on each day at the designated time you can decide if logging in to take the test on those particular 15 minutes would be a problem. If she's passed out sleeping at one of those times, I would think you could take the test.
GW is extremely averse to doctors and hospitals, thanks to an asshole of a pediatrician. By contrast, I had a terrific one and don't mind the docs or my miscellaneous operations (thankfully all outpatient so far; knock wood). So ANYTHING that takes my attention away from her in that timeframe is, to put it mildly, problematic, to the point where I'm unwilling even to bring up the subject.

I guess signing up won't hurt, as you say. I can always just blow it off.

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Nope, testing wasn’t going to happen today. The aftermath of hand surgery is not fun. Try taking the top of a pill bottle off with only one hand, for instance. Add the necessary help for GW with getting up at 4:30 am to get to the hospital and nuh-uh. Not happening. We’ll see how the next two days go. It may be “Wait ‘til next year!” for me. Ah well. GW comes first.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm

I had a bad test, completely blanked on a couple of easy questions (Ibsen) but still wound up with 39, so I guess I'm back in the pool.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I had a bad test, completely blanked on a couple of easy questions (Ibsen) but still wound up with 39, so I guess I'm back in the pool.
What's the rumored passing score? I did the worst ever, missing 14.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:41 am

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I had a bad test, completely blanked on a couple of easy questions (Ibsen) but still wound up with 39, so I guess I'm back in the pool.
The consensus is that 35 is the cutoff for being in the pool to get an audition invitation.
I scored the worst I've ever done, only getting 39.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

triviawayne

#10 Post by triviawayne » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 am

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The consensus is that 35 is the cutoff for being in the pool to get an audition invitation.
I scored the worst I've ever done, only getting 39.
I'm so glad something came up and I couldn't test last night; but after seeing here and elsewhere how so many thought this one was hard, I'm feeling better about the 34 I got when I just watched it on youtube while typing answers in excel.

I'm going for it tonight, as long as I have power, and hoping it's a little easier...

gsabc

#11 Post by gsabc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Boy howdy, I was just meant NOT to take the test this time around. Post-op for GW was worse than expected, so was unable to break free by test time on the first two days. (She's much better now. Just wasn't expecting the intensity of the aftermath.) Then the latest nor'easter hit. Bad news - power went out at 2:30 AM on the 8th. Good news - power was restored around 8:30 PM the same day. Bad news - cable remained out (LOTS of wires down), meaning no internet connection. Cable was restored about 2:30 PM today. Such is life.

I'll take GW over everything, Alex. You can wait. But I WILL be there.

We are more fortunate than a good portion of our town which remains without power even now, with another nor'easter predicted for Monday night and Tuesday morning. I don't think there's a yard with trees in our area that doesn't have a large branch on the ground. We will probably have to cut down at least one tree, maybe two or three.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 pm

gsabc wrote:Boy howdy, I was just meant NOT to take the test this time around. Post-op for GW was worse than expected, so was unable to break free by test time on the first two days. (She's much better now. Just wasn't expecting the intensity of the aftermath.) Then the latest nor'easter hit. Bad news - power went out at 2:30 AM on the 8th. Good news - power was restored around 8:30 PM the same day. Bad news - cable remained out (LOTS of wires down), meaning no internet connection. Cable was restored about 2:30 PM today. Such is life.

I'll take GW over everything, Alex. You can wait. But I WILL be there.

We are more fortunate than a good portion of our town which remains without power even now, with another nor'easter predicted for Monday night and Tuesday morning. I don't think there's a yard with trees in our area that doesn't have a large branch on the ground. We will probably have to cut down at least one tree, maybe two or three.
Damn! This was not a good winter for you. Best of luck next time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.