Obama's portrait

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Obama's portrait

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm

BackInTex wrote:
“It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” Wiley said in a 2012 interview with New York Magazine.
That's about as racist, and promotion of violence, as it gets. I'm not surprised Obama likes him.
Then I guess you should vote for Obama's opponent the next time he runs for office. That's what I intend to do with Donny. None of his enablers represent me, so I'll go knocking on doors elsewhere this fall to assist their opponents. Feel free to do the same with President Obama. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#27 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
“It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” Wiley said in a 2012 interview with New York Magazine.
That's about as racist, and promotion of violence, as it gets. I'm not surprised Obama likes him.
Then I guess you should vote for Obama's opponent the next time he runs for office. That's what I intend to do with Donny. None of his enablers represent me, so I'll go knocking on doors elsewhere this fall to assist their opponents. Feel free to do the same with President Obama. --Bob
Trying to wash your hands of your 8 years of bootlicking for Obama? It doesn't change who you are or who everyone knows are.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Trying to wash your hands of your 8 years of bootlicking for Obama? It doesn't change who you are or who everyone knows are.
Bootlicking?

Let me be very clear. I think President Obama was quite a good President, probably the best of my adult life. He did a good job handling the Great Recession. I think he did the country an awful lot of good notwithstanding scorched earth opposition tactics by Republicans who could not bring themselves to accept his legitimacy. I credit his leadership with adoption of the Affordable Care Act, which significantly improved the lives of tens of millions of Americans, members of my immediate family among them. I credit him with signing Dodd-Frank and creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I credit him with signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. If the Constitution permitted him to run for a third term and he was so inclined, I very probably would have supported it.

But none of that matters any more because he's a private citizen with (as far as I know) no further plans to run for public office. Donny, on the other hand, remains in position to continue to inflict damage on the Republic, as do his Congressional enablers. That, I can do something about. And I am determined to do so this fall. I believe many millions of Americans share my views, and based on the various election results that have been occurring since Donny took office, I think a lot of us are highly motivated to show up at the polls. (By the way, another legislative seat in Florida flipped today.)

So I encourage you to work against the election of President Obama to his next office. I'll spend my time on elections that will actually happen. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson