House Republicans leaked a Senator's private texts

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

House Republicans leaked a Senator's private texts

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:59 pm

That's the bipartisan conclusion of the Senate Intelligence Committee. They were sufficiently concerned by the leaks to take the matter directly to Paul Ryan.

The texts were leaked to Fox News in an effort to suggest secret communications between Senator Warner (Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee) and a go-between for Christopher Steele, intimating some kind of collusion between Senator Warner and Mr. Steele. In fact, the communications were an effort to secure Steele's testimony before the Senate Committee. (My understanding is that Steele is a British national so he would be beyond the Committee's subpoena power.) When the texts surfaced, both Senator Burr (Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee) and Senator Rubio (a member of the Committee) leaped to Senator Warner's defense, confirming that he had disclosed his communications to the Committee months earlier. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

Re: House Republicans leaked a Senator's private texts

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:That's the bipartisan conclusion of the Senate Intelligence Committee. They were sufficiently concerned by the leaks to take the matter directly to Paul Ryan.

The texts were leaked to Fox News in an effort to suggest secret communications between Senator Warner (Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee) and a go-between for Christopher Steele, intimating some kind of collusion between Senator Warner and Mr. Steele. In fact, the communications were an effort to secure Steele's testimony before the Senate Committee. (My understanding is that Steele is a British national so he would be beyond the Committee's subpoena power.) When the texts surfaced, both Senator Burr (Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee) and Senator Rubio (a member of the Committee) leaped to Senator Warner's defense, confirming that he had disclosed his communications to the Committee months earlier. --Bob
In a rare bi-partisan response, it is my opinion that IF any of this is true, whoever it is that leaked should be kicked out of the Senate and face some kind of penalty. Of course, this was thread was started to serve a partisan purpose. If it was the indication that a democrat leaked it, this thread never would have been started. But me, I don't care who it is. A representative or a senator who leaks compromising information for political purposes has no ethics. They should be kicked out of office. I take ethics seriously. Sadly, many don't.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

Re: House Republicans leaked a Senator's private texts

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:22 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That's the bipartisan conclusion of the Senate Intelligence Committee. They were sufficiently concerned by the leaks to take the matter directly to Paul Ryan.

In a rare bi-partisan response, it is my opinion that IF any of this is true, whoever it is that leaked should be kicked out of the Senate and face some kind of penalty. Of course, this was thread was started to serve a partisan purpose. If it was the indication that a democrat leaked it, this thread never would have been started. But me, I don't care who it is. A representative or a senator who leaks compromising information for political purposes has no ethics. They should be kicked out of office. I take ethics seriously. Sadly, many don't.
Good to see you back, Flock. I've missed you.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com