Yes, that was Gopher Mambo

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Yes, that was Gopher Mambo

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:08 pm

by Yma Sumac that Gilles & Poirier of France were short-dancing to in the ice-dancing competition yesterday. Well, my tape is from yesterday. The narrators, who were going apeshit over Virtue & Moir skating to "Sympathy for the Devil" with a Latinate beat imposed, which I thought was an awful choice for music that this year's Olympic rules dictated "be Latin" (impeccable skating, just an iritating music choice) had nothing to say about Ms. Sumac's whistle register.

I've spent hours looking it up. I hate to waste data-connect points I pay for for music searches, but the "what was *that*" search got me nada.

Of course I've heard of Sumac before. This was the 1st thing I've heard by her that got me.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Juch

Re: Yes, that was Gopher Mambo

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

ghostjmf wrote:by Yma Sumac that Gilles & Poirier of France were short-dancing to in the ice-dancing competition yesterday. Well, my tape is from yesterday. The narrators, who were going apeshit over Virtue & Moir skating to "Sympathy for the Devil" with a Latinate beat imposed, which I thought was an awful choice for music that this year's Olympic rules dictated "be Latin" (impeccable skating, just an iritating music choice) had nothing to say about Ms. Sumac's whistle register.

I've spent hours looking it up. I hate to waste data-connect points I pay for music searches, but the "what was *that*" search got me nada.

Of course I've heard of Sumac before. This was the 1st thing I've heard by her that got me.
It was written by her husband, Moisés Vivanco, who wrote many of the songs in The Big Lebowski.

This is my favorite:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.