H.R. McMaster is next to leave

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Re: H.R. McMaster is next to leave

#51 Post by jarnon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am

Bolton is bringing in his own assistants, as expected, but here's an unrelated national security personnel action:

After Trump drama, new Pence national security aide steps down

Pence has bent over backwards to assuage Trump. Trump would be wise to stay on Pence's good side as he may need him someday. As for Haley, she'd be an excellent president.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Cadet Bone Spurs
Pretty infantile bob-tel.
Oh, flock off. --Bob
That's what I'm doing, bob-tel.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#53 Post by jarnon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Sadly, Gen. McMaster's father, 84-year-old Col. H.R. McMaster Sr., passed away last Friday here in Philadelphia. Authorities are investigating if poor nursing home care contributed to his death.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#54 Post by jarnon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:49 am

jarnon wrote:Today's departure: Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin
Donald J. Trump wrote:I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs....

....In the interim, Hon. Robert Wilkie of DOD will serve as Acting Secretary. I am thankful for Dr. David Shulkin’s service to our country and to our GREAT VETERANS!
Admiral Jackson has bowed out.
Dr. Jackson wrote:One of the greatest honors in my life has been to serve this country as a physician both on the battlefield with United States Marines and as proud member of the United States Navy.

It has been my distinct honor and privilege to work at the White House and serve three Presidents.

Going into this process, I expected tough questions about how to best care for our veterans, but I did not expect to have to dignify baseless and anonymous attacks on my character and integrity.

The allegations against me are completely false and fabricated. If they had any merit, I would not have been selected, promoted and entrusted to serve in such a sensitive and important role as physician to three presidents over the past 12 years.

In my role as a doctor, I have tirelessly worked to provide excellent care for all my patients. In doing so, I have always adhered to the highest ethical standards.

Unfortunately, because of how Washington works, these false allegations have become a distraction for this President and the important issue we must be addressing – how we give the best care to our nation's heroes.

While I will forever be grateful for the trust and confidence President Trump has placed in me by giving me this opportunity, I am regretfully withdrawing my nomination to be Secretary for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

I am proud of my service to the country and will always be committed to the brave veterans who volunteer to defend our freedoms.
If he's as big a loser as his critics claim, how come Presidents Bush, Obama and Trump all trusted him with their families' health?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#55 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:15 am

jarnon wrote:
Donald J. Trump wrote:I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs....

....In the interim, Hon. Robert Wilkie of DOD will serve as Acting Secretary. I am thankful for Dr. David Shulkin’s service to our country and to our GREAT VETERANS!
Dr. Jackson wrote:One of the greatest honors in my life has been to serve this country as a physician both on the battlefield with United States Marines and as proud member of the United States Navy.

It has been my distinct honor and privilege to work at the White House and serve three Presidents.

Going into this process, I expected tough questions about how to best care for our veterans, but I did not expect to have to dignify baseless and anonymous attacks on my character and integrity.

The allegations against me are completely false and fabricated. If they had any merit, I would not have been selected, promoted and entrusted to serve in such a sensitive and important role as physician to three presidents over the past 12 years.

In my role as a doctor, I have tirelessly worked to provide excellent care for all my patients. In doing so, I have always adhered to the highest ethical standards.

Unfortunately, because of how Washington works, these false allegations have become a distraction for this President and the important issue we must be addressing – how we give the best care to our nation's heroes.

While I will forever be grateful for the trust and confidence President Trump has placed in me by giving me this opportunity, I am regretfully withdrawing my nomination to be Secretary for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

I am proud of my service to the country and will always be committed to the brave veterans who volunteer to defend our freedoms.
If he's as big a loser as his critics claim, how come Presidents Bush, Obama and Trump all trusted him with their families' health?
The dems don't like you, they completely destroy your reputation and your life. Think about it. bob-tel's going door-to-door, but he's not going to mention that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:48 am

The dems don't like you, they completely destroy your reputation and your life. Think about it. bob-tel's going door-to-door, but he's not going to mention that.
So, do you think he was qualified to lead the VA?

You claim you're big on personal responsibility, but apparently that doesn't apply to people like Admiral Jackson or Roy Moore if those out to get them were motivated by politics. Never mind what they've actually done.

The majority of the whistleblowing and informing that occurs in this country does so for partisan, self-serving reasons.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm

jarnon wrote:

I didn't see Senate Republicans rushing to his defense, so the accusations appear credible. And the nomination was already in trouble based simply on the guy's utter lack of administrative experience, so it's not as though anyone needed to make up reasons to oppose his nomination.

But I would certainly like to know how it's possible for someone to get wasted enough to wreck a government car but still be able to keep a position of that sensitivity. Something does seem off here. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

elwoodblues

#58 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Isn't Ronny Jackson the doctor who said Trump only weighs 239 pounds and can leap tall buildings in a single bound?

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

But I would certainly like to know how it's possible for someone to get wasted enough to wreck a government car but still be able to keep a position of that sensitivity. Something does seem off here. --Bob
I felt that way about Senator Edward Kennedy as well. But that is water under the bridge.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#60 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:28 pm

I felt that way about Senator Edward Kennedy as well. But that is water under the bridge.
His constituents obviously disagreed with you. On at least seven different occasions.

I see three possibilities here with Dr. Jackson: (1) The incidents didn't happen (or are exaggerated beyond recognition). (2) They happened, the relevant decision makers knew about them, and they nonetheless believed he was suitable for the job. (3) They happened and people who should have known about them, didn't.

If possibility (3) occurred, then something needs fixing. If we're talking about possibility (2), I'd want to know how the relevant people reached that conclusion, but given that Dr. Jackson served in three different Administrations, I'd be inclined to give that judgment call the benefit of the doubt. If it's possibility (1), then a public servant has had his reputation besmirched without justification. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#61 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: (2) They happened, the relevant decision makers knew about them, and they nonetheless believed he was suitable for the job. (3) They happened and people who should have known about them, didn't.

If possibility (3) occurred, then something needs fixing. If we're talking about possibility (2), I'd want to know how the relevant people reached that conclusion, but given that Dr. Jackson served in three different Administrations, I'd be inclined to give that judgment call the benefit of the doubt. --Bob
There's a gray area between 2 and 3 which may be somewhat similar to what happened with Harvey Weinstein. Jackson is an admiral in the U.S. Navy and it's probably very difficult for subordinates to be the first one to cast a stone, especially since there is no individual victim here. So, as a result, it's to some degree common knowledge to those who work for or with him but may not be to those in a position of authority. I'm not saying this is what happened but there's even more of a tendency to keep tight lipped where a superior is concerned in the military than in many businesses.

Bob Juch

#62 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 pm

jarnon wrote:If he's as big a loser as his critics claim, how come Presidents Bush, Obama and Trump all trusted him with their families' health?
My take is that his problematic behavior began recently. He's been accused of freely dispensing and prescribing opioids, perhaps he's been using them himself.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 02, 2018 11:26 am

Ty Cobb is out.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#64 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

Bob Juch wrote:Ty Cobb is out.
Heck of a ballplayer, but not much of a lawyer.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#65 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am

And the guy who's replacing him represented Bill Clinton during his impeachment ordeal. --Bob

Bob Juch

#66 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:And the guy who's replacing him represented Bill Clinton during his impeachment ordeal. --Bob
trump needs a good impeachment lawyer.

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Official leaked footage of the meeting today between Trump and Cobb:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#68 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Well, then

silverscreenselect

#69 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 am

Donald J. Trump March 11, 2018 wrote:The failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. WRONG. I am very happy with my lawyers John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and have shown conclusively that there was no Collusion with Russia ...
More fake news from the mainstream media.

Pastor Fireball

#70 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 am

Kanye West has spent the past week campaigning to be the next HUD secretary once the other shoe finally drops on Ben Carson.

That's not funny because it's probably true.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

jarnon

#71 Post by jarnon » Thu May 10, 2018 2:24 pm

jarnon wrote:Sadly, Gen. McMaster's father, 84-year-old Col. H.R. McMaster Sr., passed away last Friday here in Philadelphia. Authorities are investigating if poor nursing home care contributed to his death.
Nurse charged in death of H. R. McMaster Sr. at Cathedral Village
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי