WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
jarnon wrote:


Here's hoping that Tillerson has Bob Mueller's phone number on speed dial.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I am sickened by her bigotry. I am even more sickened that she feels free to express such hate on an international stage, and that it is accepted by people like you.


Out of curiosity, how many times have you been sickened by Trump's bigotry? And is it more or less of a sick feeling than you get from Hillary bigotry? And do you get more sickened that Trump's bigotry is accepted by a lot of right wingers?

I'm surprised you manage to put in a day's work without calling in sick from all the bigotry flu you're exposed to.


I have seen a lot of stupidity, vulgarity and unpresidential behavior from trump, but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump. Only accusations from people like hillary and you that are unfounded by fact, and thrown out at everyone who questions the liberal agenda, including me (See the other current thread).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17592
Location: By the phone
Let's add James Schwab to the list. Who? He was a spokesman for ICE. He resigned because he could no longer "bear the burden" of spreading falsehoods on behalf of the Administration. He told the Administration (correctly) that the information in its public statements was wrong and asked for a correction. Instead, he was told to deflect. Instead, he stepped down. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump.


How about "Pocahantas"?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9537
Location: Location.Location.Location
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump.


How about "Pocahantas"?


That's not Cherokee bigotry, it's Warren weirdness bigotry. So, okay, ya got him.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump.


How about "Pocahantas"?


Sarcasm is not bigotry. A semi-humorous way of pointing out the dishonesty and hypocrisy of Elizabeth Warren claiming Native American ancestry for her own advantage. If anyone is disparaging Native Americans here, it would be Warren. But she is protected from criticism, since she is a liberal. An understandable mistake for you. Liberals have a hard time with the concept of sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump.


How about "Pocahantas"?


Sarcasm is not bigotry. A semi-humorous way of pointing out the dishonesty and hypocrisy of Elizabeth Warren claiming Native American ancestry for her own advantage.


People in the Klan have spoken sarcastically and semi-humorously about blacks for over a century. It's just a shame that blacks haven't had you there to point out that there was no real racism or bigotry intended. I don't have time to do much research now, but here's the first thing that popped up in a search under "Donald Trump racist." And you might be able to argue about some of them, but there's far too many to simply explain away:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... acist.html

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

How about "Pocahantas"?


Sarcasm is not bigotry. A semi-humorous way of pointing out the dishonesty and hypocrisy of Elizabeth Warren claiming Native American ancestry for her own advantage.


People in the Klan have spoken sarcastically and semi-humorously about blacks for over a century.


Very true. And your point is?

Don Rickles was a master of sarcasm. So was he a racist?

See, you have a very hard time with the concept.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22083
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I am sickened by her bigotry. I am even more sickened that she feels free to express such hate on an international stage, and that it is accepted by people like you.


Out of curiosity, how many times have you been sickened by Trump's bigotry? And is it more or less of a sick feeling than you get from Hillary bigotry? And do you get more sickened that Trump's bigotry is accepted by a lot of right wingers?

I'm surprised you manage to put in a day's work without calling in sick from all the bigotry flu you're exposed to.


I have seen a lot of stupidity, vulgarity and unpresidential behavior from trump, but I haven't seen any bigotry from trump. Only accusations from people like hillary and you that are unfounded by fact, and thrown out at everyone who questions the liberal agenda, including me (See the other current thread).

Trump treated black employees at his casinos differently from whites, according to multiple sources. A former hotel executive said Trump criticized a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

He began his 2016 presidential campaign with a speech disparaging Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

He uses the gang MS-13 to disparage all immigrants. Among many other statements, he has suggested that Obama’s protection of the Dreamers — otherwise law-abiding immigrants who were brought to the United States illegally as children — contributed to the spread of MS-13.

In December 2015, Trump called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” including refusing to readmit Muslim-American citizens who were outside of the country at the time.

Trump said a federal judge hearing a case about Trump University was biased because of the judge’s Mexican heritage.

In June 2017, Trump said 15,000 recent immigrants from Haiti “all have AIDS” and that 40,000 Nigerians, once seeing the United States, would never “go back to their huts” in Africa.

At the White House on Jan. 11, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway.

He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about them (such as a claim about growing crime from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed by whites against dark-skinned people (such as the killing of an Indian man in Kansas last year).

He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful.

He called Puerto Ricans who criticized his administration’s response to Hurricane Maria “politically motivated ingrates.”

He has retweeted white nationalists without apology.

He called some of those who marched alongside white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va., last August “very fine people.”

After David Duke, the former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, endorsed him, Trump was reluctant to disavow Duke even when asked directly on television.

Trump pardoned – and fulsomely praises – Joe Arpaio, the Arizona sheriff sanctioned for racially profiling Latinos and for keeping immigrants in brutal prison conditions.

In the 1990s, Trump took out advertisements alleging that the “Mohawk Indian record of criminal activity is well documented.” At the time, he was fighting competition for his casino business.

In a 1993 radio interview, he suggested that Native Americans in Connecticut were faking their ancestry. “I think I might have more Indian blood than a lot of the so-called Indians that are trying to open up the reservations.”

Trump has trafficked in anti-Semitic caricatures, including the tweeting of a six-pointed star alongside a pile of cash. He has also been reluctant to condemn anti-Semitic attacks on journalists from his supporters, and he echoed neo-Nazi conspiracy theories by saying that Hillary Clinton “meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends and her donors.”

In a White House meeting with a Korean-American intelligence analyst briefing him on Pakistan, Trump wondered aloud why she was not working on North Korea policy.

Trump once referred to a Hispanic Miss Universe as “Miss Housekeeping.”

At a June 2016 campaign rally, Trump pointed to one attendee and said: “Oh, look at my African-American over here. Look at him.”

Source; New York Times

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Don Rickles was a master of sarcasm. So was he a racist?

See, you have a very hard time with the concept.


Don Rickles was not the President of the United States and he made most of his remarks in comedy clubs.

It's a common defense for racists and bigots, when they are called out for their racism to claim that they were just making jokes.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Don Rickles was a master of sarcasm. So was he a racist?

See, you have a very hard time with the concept.


Don Rickles was not the President of the United States and he made most of his remarks in comedy clubs.

It's a common defense for racists and bigots, when they are called out for their racism to claim that they were just making jokes.

Let me try and explain it to you. I know it's impossible, because of your "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.", but I will try.

From now on, SSS, my name for you is "Hockey Puck", because I brought up Don Rickles, and your brain seems to me to have a lot of the characteristics of a hockey puck.

So, Hockey Puck, since I am calling you this for sarcastic reasons, tell me who am I showing bigotry to? Am I disparaging all hockey players? Don Rickles was a white, jewish man. Am I disparaging White Men? Just men? or just whites? Or am I an anti-semite? Hockey pucks are usually colored black. Am I now in the KKK?

But wait a minute, Hockey Puck... I am disparaging YOU. I am disparaging you and your narrow-mindedness and bigotry. Do you get the difference, Hockey puck?

trump is disparaging Warren, and nobody else.

I will continue to call you hockey puck until you renounce your obvious bigotry.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

From now on, SSS, my name for you is "Hockey Puck", because I brought up Don Rickles, and your brain seems to me to have a lot of the characteristics of a hockey puck.


So, by yours and Trump's standards, if you tell a white person that he's a "lazy N-word," that's not racist because you are being sarcastic to a white person who is lazy.

Trump sure has made a lot of sarcastic racially toned comments over the years.

So, when he said that Nigerian immigrants to the U.S. would never "go back to their huts," that was just an attempt at humor.

And when he called a Hispanic Miss Universe contestant "Miss Housekeeping," that was just being sarcastic.

I'm sure glad that blacks and Hispanics have enlightened people like you who can tell them which comments they should be offended by and which ones they shouldn't because they were merely sarcastic.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3630
Location: Texas
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nikk ... ck-n856701

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Wednesday the United States believes Russia is responsible for the attempted assassination of a former Russian double agent and his daughter in Britain — and the U.N. Security Council should hold the Kremlin "accountable."


Should we go ahead and add her to the list?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10055
Location: In Texas of course!
elwoodblues wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nikki-haley-tells-u-n-russia-responsible-chemical-attack-n856701

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Wednesday the United States believes Russia is responsible for the attempted assassination of a former Russian double agent and his daughter in Britain — and the U.N. Security Council should hold the Kremlin "accountable."


Should we go ahead and add her to the list?


No, because truth be told, Russia doesn't get offended when accused of a slick assassination of a spy. They'll see it as a compliment. It's all that white collar crap they get offended by. That's for pussies.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
silverscreenselect wrote:
And yet another update.... the dominos are falling fast and furious at the Trump White House.

Steve Goldstein, Undersecretary of Public Affairs for the State Department (the #4 official at the State Department), was fired today as well. His offense: contradicting the Trump account of how and why Tillerson was fired.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics ... index.html

At this point, the rats need scuba gear to get away from the Trump ship of state.


Goldstein's replacement is a former host of Fox and Friends, a real bright spot on the resume for someone in the Trump administration.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-heather-nau ... ate-844923

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4296
Location: Merion, Pa.
Another Trump exit, of a different sort.

Donald Trump Jr.'s Wife Vanessa Files for Divorce After 12 Years of Marriage

I feel bad for the family, especially the kids. No idea how much Vanessa knows about the family scandals.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22083
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Attorney General Jeff Sessions fires former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe — two days before he was to retire and become eligible for full pension benefits.

McMaster doesn't seem to be going anyplace.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22083
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
John Bolton's mustache is more qualified to be national security adviser than he is

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/opinions ... index.html

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 am
Posts: 2321
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bob Juch wrote:
John Bolton's mustache is more qualified to be national security adviser than he is

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/opinions ... index.html


Reiterating what I posted on Twitter late last night, picking John Bolton to be National Security Adviser is like picking Bill Cosby to run the DEA.

_________________
"... the baseless self-serving persecution foisted upon the Bored by Beast, Estonut, jarnon, Bob#s, and Weasel [in June]. Nonetheless, my life and this game go on as scheduled. Both my life and this game MUST go on, full speed, in direct defiance of the prejudice. Otherwise, the terrorists win."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22083
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Pastor Fireball wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
John Bolton's mustache is more qualified to be national security adviser than he is

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/opinions ... index.html


Reiterating what I posted on Twitter late last night, picking John Bolton to be National Security Adviser is like picking Bill Cosby to run the DEA.

It's like picking Ben Carson to run HUD.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
Bob Juch wrote:
John Bolton's mustache is more qualified to be national security adviser than he is

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/opinions ... index.html


I feel so much more confident about those upcoming talks with Kim Jong Un now with Bolton advising the President.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4296
Location: Merion, Pa.
Today's departure: Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin
Donald J. Trump wrote:
I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs....

....In the interim, Hon. Robert Wilkie of DOD will serve as Acting Secretary. I am thankful for Dr. David Shulkin’s service to our country and to our GREAT VETERANS!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17592
Location: By the phone
jarnon wrote:
Today's departure: Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin
Donald J. Trump wrote:
I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs....

....In the interim, Hon. Robert Wilkie of DOD will serve as Acting Secretary. I am thankful for Dr. David Shulkin’s service to our country and to our GREAT VETERANS!
Here is what Dr. Shulkin says about his departure.
Dr. David Shulkin wrote:
It seems that these successes within the department have intensified the ambitions of people who want to put V.A. health care in the hands of the private sector. I believe differences in philosophy deserve robust debate, and solutions should be determined based on the merits of the arguments. The advocates within the administration for privatizing V.A. health services, however, reject this approach. They saw me as an obstacle to privatization who had to be removed. That is because I am convinced that privatization is a political issue aimed at rewarding select people and companies with profits, even if it undermines care for veterans.
Selling our veterans' health care to the lowest bidder is pretty low, even for Cadet Bone Spurs. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
Cadet Bone Spurs

Pretty infantile bob-tel.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17592
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
Cadet Bone Spurs

Pretty infantile bob-tel.
Oh, flock off. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.