I Have Been Given a Surprise

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

I Have Been Given a Surprise

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Once Again-posting Bored Unseen-I am just not ready to look at the Bored as there are too many similarities to the other times I had problems.

But Trains of Thought go where trains of thought go.

I figured out how to view my special books through the eyes of people who had never grasped those theories existed. It has given me many hours of productive thought. That has been very helpful to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarleysGh0st

Re: I Have Been Given a Surprise

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Spock wrote:Once Again-posting Bored Unseen-I am just not ready to look at the Bored as there are too many similarities to the other times I had problems.
Spock, if you're refusing to read what anyone else posts here, including the replies to your own posts, then you're excluding yourself from our community. Post-and-run just makes you a troll.

If you need a break from the Bored, that's fine. Come on back when you're ready for a conversation.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spock wrote:Once Again-posting Bored Unseen-I am just not ready to look at the Bored as there are too many similarities to the other times I had problems.
Spock, if you're refusing to read what anyone else posts here, including the replies to your own posts, then you're excluding yourself from our community. Post-and-run just makes you a troll.

If you need a break from the Bored, that's fine. Come on back when you're ready for a conversation.
I don't understand the problem people are having with this. Is there some list of requirements I'm missing for Bored participation? Does anyone really think there aren't a number of other, formerly active, Boreders who drop in to read without logging in? I often do that, myself. If Spock wants to sprinkle random thoughts into the Bored and then go about his day, more power to him. Should he just disappear, like so many others, because he isn't posting "properly?" 'Cause it's not like we're dripping with members, active or otherwise.

Just my .02.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 am

tlynn78 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

I don't understand the problem people are having with this. Is there some list of requirements I'm missing for Bored participation? Does anyone really think there aren't a number of other, formerly active, Boreders who drop in to read without logging in? I often do that, myself. If Spock wants to sprinkle random thoughts into the Bored and then go about his day, more power to him. Should he just disappear, like so many others, because he isn't posting "properly?" 'Cause it's not like we're dripping with members, active or otherwise.

Just my .02.
These posts are equal to BJ's "news of the day" posts where he drops a headline, a link, than no commentary, opinion, or anything. Actually Spock's are better because we can and likely will see what BJ posts in our normal surfing or news watching/listening activities.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:49 am

I didn't let Spock's posts bother me when he was responding.

So, there's no reason to let these bother me now.

And I agree, we've lost too many members over the years, with virtually no new blood. I'd hate to see Spock, Flock, BiT, Esto, and others go because of political squabbles, even though they're wrong.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:... even though they're wrong.

Coming from you, that is quite the compliment. Thanks! ;)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Just my .02.

I would guess that what Marley is annoyed at is the constant thread creating (nevermind that most of them are political observation pointy sticks) by Spock, with apparently an admission that he doesn't even bother to read the responses. There obviously aren't any Bored laws as to what one can and can't do here (other than, obviously, stalking like zachhoran was doing)... but that doesn't mean people can't get annoyed by annoying behavior. Lurking is one thing, but frequent one sided participation is pretty childish... and its obviously a habit of Spock's when he gets in whatever frame of mind he's in now, as he's done this before. Multiple disjointed threads on the front page that is already hard to find quality content on in the first place is just Bored pollution. I have no problem with Marley calling Spock out on it (And, as Marley will probably tell you, I very rarely agree with his view of the way things should work around here), and if Spock really isn't reading the responses to his posts, it doesn't matter one bit anyway. And by that same token, I have no problem with Spock posting all he wants as he doesn't go all Snaffy on us. But he's definitely trying to outdo BJ in the race to fill up the Bored landfill with garbage....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
I would guess that what Marley is annoyed at is the constant thread creating (nevermind that most of them are political observation pointy sticks) by Spock, with apparently an admission that he doesn't even bother to read the responses. There obviously aren't any Bored laws as to what one can and can't do here (other than, obviously, stalking like zachhoran was doing)... but that doesn't mean people can't get annoyed by annoying behavior. Lurking is one thing, but frequent one sided participation is pretty childish... and its obviously a habit of Spock's when he gets in whatever frame of mind he's in now, as he's done this before. Multiple disjointed threads on the front page that is already hard to find quality content on in the first place is just Bored pollution. I have no problem with Marley calling Spock out on it (And, as Marley will probably tell you, I very rarely agree with his view of the way things should work around here), and if Spock really isn't reading the responses to his posts, it doesn't matter one bit anyway. And by that same token, I have no problem with Spock posting all he wants as he doesn't go all Snaffy on us. But he's definitely trying to outdo BJ in the race to fill up the Bored landfill with garbage....
lb13
Great. What is the "quality content" of which you speak? We might need a special spot in the index for that stuff... :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 am

tlynn78 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
lb13
Great. What is the "quality content" of which you speak? We might need a special spot in the index for that stuff... :lol: :lol:

I'll know it when I see it. Or in the case of Beebs, smell it....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Just my .02.

lb13
The solution is to not reply.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:26 am

Perhaps bob can sue him.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 am

Bob Juch wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Just my .02.

lb13
The solution is to not reply.
Oh thank God! Another solution in search of a problem!