RIP T. Berry Brazelton

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP T. Berry Brazelton

#1 Post by Vandal » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 am

T. Berry Brazelton, pediatrician who soothed generations of parents, dies at 99.
T. Berry Brazelton, a pediatrician whose best-selling guides to child-rearing soothed generations of parents, assuring them that they need not seek perfection and that the answers to many of their questions lay before them in their children’s behavior, died March 13 at his home in Barnstable, Mass. He was 99.

His daughter-in-law, Jennifer Brazelton, confirmed the death but did not provide a specific cause.

Dr. Brazelton was perhaps the best-known American pediatrician since Benjamin Spock, who revolutionized child-rearing by counseling parents to rely on their “own common sense” rather than on commandments dispensed by purported experts.

Dr. Brazelton — who described Spock as his “hero” and who counted Spock’s grandchildren among his patients — picked up where the older physician left off. In books such as “Infants and Mothers” (1969), in his hit “Touchpoints” book series, in commentaries published in Redbook and Family Circle, and on the Emmy Award-winning television show “What Every Baby Knows,” Dr. Brazelton genially coached parents to see their children’s abilities as well as their own.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... 48223d6eb4
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

gsabc

Re: RIP T. Berry Brazelton

#2 Post by gsabc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:44 pm

We met him at a taping of his show when HS was an infant (loooong time ago). Very nice gentleman. I don't think HS made it on the air, cute as he was; my recollection is that he started fussing and was taken off to be soothed (me, off stage). I believe that GW did appear on the show, asking a question. Not sure what the subject of the show was. Could have been about preemies and their problems. HS arrived six weeks early with what was described (much later, thank goodness) as the worst case of hyaline membrane disease his doctor had ever seen.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.