Paraphrased from Facebook

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

Re: Paraphrased from Facebook

#26 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:No, gun laws aren't going to stop drug gangs or trained terrorists. But they may keep an angry bullied kid, or a punk brainwashed by radical Islamic or white supremacist videos, or a wife beater in a police standoff, from acting out and causing a tragedy. They're part of the solution.
We already have enough gun laws to prevent most of what has happened if everyone would do their damn jobs and quit worrying about political correctness or hurting peoples' feelings.
This may be true, although I"m not used to you being so obtuse. I'm thinking of the Broward deputy who didn't do his damn job. Is that who you're referencing? I'm also thinking of the FBI and police officers who ignored every single warning that people raised about Nikolaus Cruz. Is that who you're talking about? It seems that every time we have one of these devastating incidents, there are multiple egregious failures on the part of law enforcement or others who are charged with protecting the public. What do you propose we do bout that, instead of changing gun laws?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:No, gun laws aren't going to stop drug gangs or trained terrorists. But they may keep an angry bullied kid, or a punk brainwashed by radical Islamic or white supremacist videos, or a wife beater in a police standoff, from acting out and causing a tragedy. They're part of the solution.
We already have enough gun laws to prevent most of what has happened if everyone would do their damn jobs and quit worrying about political correctness or hurting peoples' feelings.
I've got a solution: Have a great number of Black men buy AR-14s and join the NRA. Then they can vote the leadership out of office and Congress will ban the AR-14s.
Couldn't anyone do that? Why do you propose they have to be Black men?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:We already have enough gun laws to prevent most of what has happened if everyone would do their damn jobs and quit worrying about political correctness or hurting peoples' feelings.
I've got a solution: Have a great number of Black men buy AR-14s and join the NRA. Then they can vote the leadership out of office and Congress will ban the AR-14s.
Because I know the racists would shit themselves until there were very restrictive gun laws. I grew up on Oakland when the Black Panthers caused the same reaction.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#29 Post by Estonut » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:53 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I've got a solution: Have a great number of Black men buy AR-14s and join the NRA. Then they can vote the leadership out of office and Congress will ban the AR-14s.
Because I know the racists would shit themselves until there were very restrictive gun laws. I grew up on Oakland when the Black Panthers caused the same reaction.
If black members could just intimidate the racists into changing the gun laws, why would you need a great number of them to vote out the NRA leadership?
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#30 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:Couldn't anyone do that? Why do you propose they have to be Black men?
If black members could just intimidate the racists into changing the gun laws, why would you need a great number of them to vote out the NRA leadership?
Two separate things.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#31 Post by Estonut » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:29 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Because I know the racists would shit themselves until there were very restrictive gun laws. I grew up on Oakland when the Black Panthers caused the same reaction.
Two separate things.
That was my point, dumbass. You used one to explain the other. :roll:
Groucho Marx