If you like political stuff..

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sir_Galahad

If you like political stuff..

#1 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:29 pm

.. then you should watch The O'Reilly Factor tonight on Fox. He will be interviewing Sen. Hillary Clinton. This should be interesting. I find O'Reilly to be one of the few straight-shooting journalists around and I expect him to interview Clinton with his typical no-softball approach.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

Bob Juch

Re: If you like political stuff..

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:.. then you should watch The O'Reilly Factor tonight on Fox. He will be interviewing Sen. Hillary Clinton. This should be interesting. I find O'Reilly to be one of the few straight-shooting journalists around and I expect him to interview Clinton with his typical no-softball approach.
You forgot to use sarcafont.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Sir_Galahad

#3 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 pm

No... I didn't. ;)

And I know you're not going to tell me that O'Reilly's interviews are anything like those of Oprah or The Dancing Girl or Larry King or Bill Moyers or Brian Williams or, or, or....

I know you're smarter than that.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:23 pm

I spoke with my Republican mother today. She lives in Oregon.

I was surprised by who she wants to win. She dislikes McCain and Obama so she wants Hillary to win, but not enough to change her party affiliation to vote for her in the primary.

I told the girls. They couldn't believe that my mother had changed her views. She has never voted for a Democrat in her life.

Sir_Galahad

#5 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:27 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
I told the girls. They couldn't believe that my mother had changed her views. She has never voted for a Democrat in her life.
Believe it or not, I used be a Democrat - I was young and ignorant once myself, too. I confess to even having voted for Carter. But, he was the last Dem I voted for; I promise.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Believe it or not, I used be a Democrat - I was young and ignorant once myself, too. I confess to even having voted for Carter. But, he was the last Dem I voted for; I promise.
My mom really liked Mittens and so she refuses to vote for the Republicans if Mittens isn't running.

goongas

#7 Post by goongas » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:33 pm

When I used to watch Larry King, he is one of the few interviewers that you can't tell which way he leans. (I read a study that said so much). Bush administration officials regularly appear on his show that normally would not appear on O'Reilly, for example. All the other interviewers I mentioned I can tell you their political leanings, but not Larry King. Maybe Larry has changed, I don't know.

Sir_Galahad

#8 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:
My mom really liked Mittens and so she refuses to vote for the Republicans if Mittens isn't running.
You never know. Mr. Rogers may select him as running mate. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm

goongas wrote:When I used to watch Larry King, he is one of the few interviewers that you can't tell which way he leans. (I read a study that said so much). Bush administration officials regularly appear on his show that normally would not appear on O'Reilly, for example. All the other interviewers I mentioned I can tell you their political leanings, but not Larry King. Maybe Larry has changed, I don't know.
I can't tell. I think he genuinely likes and values every one of his guests, even the ones who aren't very likable or valuable.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#10 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm

So yesterday my Mom told me that she was rooting for Hillary, which shocked me.

Today I volunteered in Emma's class. Her teacher and I usually talk politics when the kids are out of the room. He's been a John McCain fan for as long as I have known him.

He told me today that he is rooting for Hillary. He looked at the positions of McCain, Hillary and Obama on education and he realized that Hillary's views on education were most compatible with his. I asked about his wife, also a teacher, who has been supporting Obama. He told me that she is also supporting Hillary.

Wow!

kusch

#11 Post by kusch » Thu May 01, 2008 3:32 pm

When I watched this I thought Bill was playing "softball" with Hillary. I actually liked her----- as much as I have a hard time saying that.

I set the DVR for the 2nd part tonight.