BIT as Financial Advisor-First Dividend Update

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

BIT as Financial Advisor-First Dividend Update

#1 Post by Spock » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:52 am

To refresh:

BiT posted on Facebook about a horrendous 24% one-day drop in the stock price of Newell due to a TV show. It dropped from about $31.23 to $23.85 in late January 2018.

I bought (in Dad's IRA) 100 shares for 24.21 that day for a total initial investment of $2,421.

Got the first dividend the other day of $23.00 and the dividends are re-invested and purchased .8 shares. Now we have 100.8 shares. So the base is starting to broaden.

This raises the total investment to $2,444 (dis-regarding the minimal initial commission fee).

Newell stock price has gone up to $28.66 which currently shows up as a 17.93% return in under 2 months. Good job Bit-Keep your eyes open-Lol.

My parameters-minimal downside risk with good upside potential.

The funny part is that the online brokerage has NWL rated as an "F."

The really funny one is that we have 2.0135 shares of a company called PJT Partners that had to be spun off of another company (not sure exactly which one). These are currently priced at $49.85. So we have $100 in PJT.

The total percentage return since the spin-off is 1,136%. Yes, it is One thousand, One Hundred and Thirty Six%!!!!!!!

The brokerage company also has that company rated as an "F."

Needless to say, I don't put much credence in their rating system-LOL.

Bob Juch

Re: BIT as Financial Advisor-First Dividend Update

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:04 am

I've always paid no attention to brokers. I have one stock that has a 104,678.67% ROI. That was a very risky investment at the time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:38 am

I remember BiT pooh-poohing my recommendation of Amazon about ten years ago.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:50 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I remember BiT pooh-poohing my recommendation of Amazon about ten years ago.
I'm pooh-poohing a friends recommendation of SHOP now. It looks like a pump-and-dump to me.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:19 pm

I could have done you better, but I don't think you or I would enjoy federal prison much.

Our stock tanked a week or so ago when we put out a press release that we weren't filing our 10-K on time, we had significant, even for the POS company significant, losses and that we were looking at options including finding a buyer or other financial solutions (Chapter 11 was on the table but not stated). We used the "going concern" term. Our stock went from the mid 80s (cents) to 20 cents, and then for the next few days traded between 20 and 16 cents until it finally went below 16 cents on Monday and the NYSE said "Yer outta here!" and halted trading while they moved us over to the Dollar Store Stock Exchange. There was a mix-up on our new symbol so no one could trade yesterday, but this morning we announced an agreement to be bought for 60 cents per share. Our stock is trading now at around 54 cents, showing a 250% gain over Monday's final trades of 15 1/2 cents. Those frustrated holders who wanted to sell yesterday, but couldn't, are thanking their lucky stars.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson