RIP Elaine Herzberg, 49

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: RIP Elaine Herzberg, 49

#76 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:54 pm

ghostjmf wrote:For the record, it was not Oldernow, whoever that is/was, who posted that they didn't miss the rich jerks on the Concorde who had to get somewhere an hour faster than everybody else so much so that the $5,000.00 or whatever they paid for their ticket was worth it. I exempted the children aboard, who didn't make that decision, & the crew. And anyone who was flying fast to do surgery only they could do, though there was no such person(s) reported on the flight that crashed.

The Concorde hit something on the ground, news told us, that had fallen off a Continental plane. I did not put it there.
Wow. How miserable your life must be that after having 18 years to reflect on the despicable comment you made you not only admit it was you, you reaffirm those thoughts. I can't imagine being that unhappy with life.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ghostjmf

#77 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm

BiT: Wow yourself. lb accuses me of calling for assassinations, which he conveniently can't prove. You attribute my comment to somebody else & then tell me I should be a different person x-teen years later & pretend that someone else said it.

I wish I did have that archive. I don't like being paraphrased, & paraphrased wrongly, so I corrected you.

BackInTex

#78 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:27 am

ghostjmf wrote:BiT: Wow yourself. lb accuses me of calling for assassinations, which he conveniently can't prove. You attribute my comment to somebody else & then tell me I should be a different person x-teen years later & pretend that someone else said it.

I wish I did have that archive. I don't like being paraphrased, & paraphrased wrongly, so I corrected you.
Thanks for the laugh. My apologies to Oldernow, whoever she was. I'm not apologizing to you because, while I thought it might have been you, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But thanks for being an honest despicable person and not wanting that benefit. I guess even the most wretched people can be proud of their wretchedness. I don't understand it, but whatever, as long as you're just pleased with the deaths of innocent people but did not actually cause them ("I did not put it there") I'm not concerned.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#79 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:28 am

ghostjmf wrote:BiT: Wow yourself. lb accuses me of calling for assassinations, which he conveniently can't prove.

There's nothing convenient about it. I remember you posting those things just like you remember Bixby posting about advising a DUI client to leave the scene of an accident and get drunk. BiT attributing your infamous Concorde comment to oldernow demonstrates that a lot goes on here that isn't paid a whole lot of attention to. I was just demonstrating how the shoe you are so determined to drop can also be on the other foot...

And I doubt many RIP threads have gone on this long or taken such a wild tangent, so to come full circle, maybe Herzberg's name can become eponymous for thread hijacking as well....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ghostjmf

#80 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 am

lb: I remember Bixby saying "this is how its done", not that she had clients herself that she gave such advice.

I never advocated the asassination of Bush. Why would I have wanted Cheney to be president? He was running the country anyway, but still.

Bixby17

#81 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm

ghostjmf wrote:lb: I remember Bixby saying "this is how its done", not that she had clients herself that she gave such advice.

I never advocated the asassination of Bush. Why would I have wanted Cheney to be president? He was running the country anyway, but still.
nope. nope. nope.

The advice you said I gave to a client and then backtracked and said I said all lawyers say this doesn't make a lick of sense. First of all, it is telling someone to do a crime, something that lawyers ethically and morally do not do. Secondly, are you suggesting that they call from the scene of an accident and are told then and there by lawyers to commit a crime? Or told later? Logistically, none of this makes sense about how people usually contact lawyers. Most people don't have a criminal defense lawyer on speed dial. That sounds like the *legal advice* you would see by dumb non-lawyers on reddit. (Though it is not a bad idea to have an emergency lawyer in your cell phone along with your emergency doctor contact because a lot of people who get in trouble with the law never thought that would happen to them or their families).

I can't figure out what more deranged: attributing to me bizarre and logistically weird client advice for a DWI or a $60,000 sprinkler system?

Usually, with people remembering old stuff that is that peculiar, I might suggest that maybe you dreamt this. Because it sounds as odd as dreams often are.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#82 Post by Vandal » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Those of us who aren't rich Texas lawyers:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Estonut
Evil Genius

#83 Post by Estonut » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 am

On Fri Mar 23, 2018 @ 10:59 am, ghostjmf wrote:I remember a lawyer (the woman from Texas) on this very board saying they told their clients to race home, down alcohol swiftly, report their accident & then tell the cops "I felt so bad about it I've been drinking since I got home". Of course the blood-alcohol test results would be useless in court, as the earlier drinking would be masked.

I thought at the time "how immoral". Of course this lawyer just said they were working for their client.
On Tue Mar 27, 2018 @ 7:15 am, ghostjmf wrote:lb: I remember Bixby saying "this is how its done", not that she had clients herself that she gave such advice.
Interesting that even after Bixby came and explained that she didn't say that and explained why she never would have had reason nor opportunity to say that, you still trust your own recollections more than her word. The above quotes from you show that you cannot remember what you, yourself, said less than 4 days after saying it. Why are you so absolutely certain of what someone else said 10 or 15 years ago?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

themanintheseersuckersuit

#84 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:54 am

coming soon to Netflix: Better Call Bix
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.