RIP Elaine Herzberg, 49

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Re: RIP Elaine Herzberg, 49

#51 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:16 am

Tankless hot water heaters don't cost 60K. Even in Texas. She might have bought one too. I don't remember; didn't make an impression on me.

As long as you control the timer on your tankless heater. They're usually installed by landlords, who if they're paying for heating the water set them for about 7 minutes.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#52 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:06 am

BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:I'd have sworn Bix bought a tankless water heater.
Its a good thing, too. A regular hot water heater would run out of hot water on the first zone leaving only cold water for the rest of the yard.
Could have sworn they own the house, too...
Well, then

BackInTex

#53 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:I'd have sworn Bix bought a tankless water heater.
Its a good thing, too. A regular hot water heater would run out of hot water on the first zone leaving only cold water for the rest of the yard.
I'm still floored she got on a game show even though she obviously didn't need the money. How dare her!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#54 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:40 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
I'm still floored she got on a game show even though she obviously didn't need the money. How dare her!
Gobsmacked I am.
Well, then

mellytu74

#55 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Boonie and I made popcorn to watch Ants1 on Svengoolie (alternating with FSU-Michigan hoops).

Boy, am I glad a grabbed a couple of fistfuls before I started reading this thread.

Bixby17

#56 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:49 pm

A-hem.

Hi friends.

Yes, living people can sue for defamation. Particularly, when it relates to their employment reputation. However, life is much better not suing people or saying reckless things about living humans based on totally fake, old, bitter mis-memories.

Here are some actual facts for people who care about this stupid ish:

1. I do not remember much of what I've written on this board. Sometimes sports trash talk of the mildest nature. Updating people with what was happening during 9/11 as I had a TV and some here did not. Random whatnot. At the time I was posting here regularly, I didn't do any criminal law nor did I have any criminal clients. That does not sound like advice I would give or my husband would give anyone.

2. I won 64K. I did not spend $60,000 on a sprinkler system. !!!insert hilarious thoughts here!!! First of all, it is best to set aside about half of it for Uncle Sam unless you enjoy federal prison, which I do not think I would. At the time I received the money, I had quit my full-time legal job to take care of my son who was 2. And I was pregnant with my second. We did spend the money making significant home repairs to our 1968 house that we had purchased the year before. The most expensive purchase was for an actual concrete driveway and some paver work to connect to our house. It was the best purchase I made in my life because I use it every day, it would be hard to afford fixing without a sudden influx of found money, and my kids Big Wheel'd it to their hearts' content. It is named Regis.

I planted some small trees then, and they are now big trees. Yay oxygen.

I already had a sprinkler system when we bought the house. We had to fix it but most of that was done pre-Reeg. The tankless water heater was also pre-Reege. I've priced replacement tankless heaters recently and they have gone up significantly in price, and I need a new game show. I'm going to keep fixing my old one which is still running but sometimes makes funny sounds.

Anyhow, my ears were burning. If you do care about actual criminal law analysis, here's a piece I just wrote for The Athletic about the Michael Bennett case. You can read this for free with this link and get 25% off a subscription if you go through this page: https://theathletic.com/288298?shared_by=253861

I got paid to write it. I have no idea what I will spend the money on. Probably a treasure bath.

ghostjmf

#57 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Even lb thinks the discussion in question was pre this board. So I can't prove you were in it, Bixby. Without access to previous incarnation of board.

I grant that you had to pay taxes 1st, before any spending was done.

And for the record the only discussions I *didn't* follow, back then, were very long threads about sports.

tlynn78

#58 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Bixby17 wrote:A-hem.

Hi friends.

Yes, living people can sue for defamation. Particularly, when it relates to their employment reputation. However, life is much better not suing people or saying reckless things about living humans based on totally fake, old, bitter mis-memories.

1. I do not remember much of what I've written on this board. Sometimes sports trash talk of the mildest nature. Updating people with what was happening during 9/11 as I had a TV and some here did not. Random whatnot. At the time I was posting here regularly, I didn't do any criminal law nor did I have any criminal clients. That does not sound like advice I would give or my husband would give anyone.

2. I won 64K. I did not spend $60,000 on a sprinkler system. !!!insert hilarious thoughts here!!! First of all, it is best to set aside about half of it for Uncle Sam unless you enjoy federal prison, which I do not think I would. At the time I received the money, I had quit my full-time legal job to take care of my son who was 2. And I was pregnant with my second. We did spend the money making significant home repairs to our 1968 house that we had purchased the year before. The most expensive purchase was for an actual concrete driveway and some paver work to connect to our house. It was the best purchase I made in my life because I use it every day, it would be hard to afford fixing without a sudden influx of found money, and my kids Big Wheel'd it to their hearts' content. It is named Regis.

I already had a sprinkler system when we bought the house. We had to fix it but most of that was done pre-Reeg. The tankless water heater was also pre-Reege. I've priced replacement tankless heaters recently and they have gone up significantly in price, and I need a new game show. I'm going to keep fixing my old one which is still running but sometimes makes funny sounds.

Anyhow, my ears were burning. If you do care about actual criminal law analysis, here's a piece I just wrote for The Athletic about the Michael Bennett case. You can read this for free with this link and get 25% off a subscription if you go through this page: https://theathletic.com/288298?shared_by=253861

I got paid to write it. I have no idea what I will spend the money on. Probably a treasure bath.
You spendthrift, you. Profligate, even.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:55 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Hi friends.

I spent my winnings on booze and women.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#60 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:56 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Hi friends.

It's just too elitist, it is.
Well, then

ghostjmf

#61 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:58 pm

As long as we're still on this thread, which only veered onto to the legal advice about drunk drivers who cause crashes after it somehow veered onto Ted Kennedy, a review of the movie Chappaquidick in the last few days on NPR said he *did* make a couple/three attempts to rescue Mary Jo Kopechne, but failed.

In all the reports I read/heard at the time, he just skedaddled.

Remember that the local news media I had access to at the time was in Arizona, where I was living. Not friends of the Kennedys.

That he did try to bring her up, in whatever state he was actually in, makes me feel better. Maybe it explains why her family was never out for Kennedy's blood, which I *had* read over the years. That they weren't out after him. Doesn't exonerate him from not reporting the crash for hours.

In those days, we all would have had to leave the scene somewhat to get to a phone. But he didn't call the rescue squad when he got to one.

Not that a squad arriving 1/2 an hour later would have done her any good.

Bixby17

#62 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you for the apology. Hope all is going well for everyone. Life moves on until it doesn't.

Technology always outpaces ethics and law. Pushing the boundaries of ethics and law seems to be a lot of tech company's business plans. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it gets people really wealthy until they are imprisoned.

ghostjmf

#63 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Bixby:

Just for the record, I did not apologize. I said & repeat that without access to a board that ABC/WWTBAM shut down, I can't document what I remember. Neither can you.

General public here:

I used to archive other discussions, but not those on this board.

An archive I value much more was destroyed by a system I trusted. I didn't find out in time to have it reconstructed, if it could have been. I still have some hope, because I have to.

Moral I guess is personally archive everything yourself. You never know when you'll need it even if its *not* the stuff you value.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#64 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:39 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Bixby:

Just for the record, I did not apologize. I said & repeat that without access to a board that ABC/WWTBAM shut down, I can't document what I remember. Neither can you.

General public here:

An archive I value much more was destroyed by a system I trusted. I didn't find out in time to have it reconstructed, if it could have been. I still have some hope, because I have to.

Moral I guess is personally archive everything yourself. You never know when you'll need it even if its *not* the stuff you value.
Moral, I guess, is don't make statements about people you can't verify.
Well, then

Bixby17

#65 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:24 pm

General public here:

Yeah, I noticed that. Joke. Like the moral you took from this exchange.

I told you all the ways your memory was wrong. I know what I've done in my life, stranger, so I don't need to search defunct message boards to know the life I've lived. As I told you, I never told criminal clients anything because I do not counsel criminal clients. I did not install a deranged 60K (!!!!) sprinkler system to brag how I didn't need money. Who doesn't need money?

Apologies are beautiful things. There's a lot of humans on this planet. We bump into each other once in a while. None of us are perfect. Apologies are free and genuine ones make people feel better, and I'm all for them, generally. I want people to live their one life the best they can while avoiding hurting themselves or other people. But everybody has their own ways of being, and some people don't apologize as a lifestyle choice. I'm not sure if you are in that category, or you are saving your specific dislike for me for whatever reasons people dislike other peoples. Just stuff to consider.

But just for the record, ultimately WGAS.

Peace.

ghostjmf

#66 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Bixby:

If you know how to get to the defunct WWTBAM board, please give me the link.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#67 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Are you accusing her of lying?
Well, then

Bixby17

#68 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Alas, I do not. I understand grieving dead parts of the internet. All my old writing at Fanhouse was killed eventually by AOL despite their promises to the contrary.

I can't give you proof I didn't say things I would never say to the clients I do not have. Or didn't buy a $60,000 (!!!!) sprinkler system to brag. I am just telling you that I didn't say or do those things. I'm an expert on some things, and I'm the number one expert in the world on the subject that is me. I'm afraid you have a mistaken memory. It happens. Particularly for things that you are trying to recall from a long time ago.

It's okay to be wrong. Everybody is once in while. We are all flawed and miracles in our shared and unique ways.

jarnon

#69 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Bixby17 wrote:If you do care about actual criminal law analysis, here's a piece I just wrote for The Athletic about the Michael Bennett case.
Great to hear from you, Bix! I thought of you when I heard about Bennett's adventure in Houston. It got a lot of coverage here since the Eagles just signed him. They're also rehashing Bennett's adventure in Vegas.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#70 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Bixby17 wrote:

Alas, I do not. I understand grieving dead parts of the internet. All my old writing at Fanhouse was killed eventually by AOL despite their promises to the contrary.

I can't give you proof I didn't say things I would never say to the clients I do not have. Or didn't buy a $60,000 (!!!!) sprinkler system to brag. I am just telling you that I didn't say or do those things. I'm an expert on some things, and I'm the number one expert in the world on the subject that is me. I'm afraid you have a mistaken memory. It happens. Particularly for things that you are trying to recall from a long time ago.

It's okay to be wrong. Everybody is once in while. We are all flawed and miracles in our shared and unique ways.

A subpoena couldn't even resurrect posts from our middle two homes where such damning evidence would lie. Those boards are toast, and I doubt even the Internet Archive had a fringe, unofficial message board like the Love Boat/TUB on its radar much. As for memory, ghost can "remember" a lot of the things people supposedly said (Given the way she generally treats me, I must have said some doozies to her at one point), yet has no recollection of the batshit crazy posts she wrote post-9/11 about how Bush really, really needed to be assassinated that most other members here seem to recall quite well. The human brain is such a remarkable and also fragile thing....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#71 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bixby17 wrote:

A subpoena couldn't even resurrect posts from our middle two homes where such damning evidence would lie. Those boards are toast, and I doubt even the Internet Archive had a fringe, unofficial message board like the Love Boat/TUB on its radar much. As for memory, ghost can "remember" a lot of the things people supposedly said (Given the way she generally treats me, I must have said some doozies to her at one point), yet has no recollection of the batshit crazy posts she wrote post-9/11 about how Bush really, really needed to be assassinated that most other members here seem to recall quite well. The human brain is such a remarkable and also fragile thing....

lb13
Was she posting under the Ghost moniker or something else. Was she Oldernow or was that someone else? I think they think alike if they are different folks. Oldernow commented how all the folks on the SST that crashed deserved it because they had so much money to spend on a flight and she felt no remorse, whatsoever.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#72 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I have never used any name but ghostjmf.

I never posted anything about assassinating anybody.

ghostjmf

#73 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Oh yeah, at one point something or someone related to the board kicked me off, so I had to log in for a few messages as ghostjmf1. I think that was it.

Apparently the kickoff was a technical board burp. Or so I was told.

There *have* been many technical board burps.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bixby17

#74 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:59 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bixby17 wrote:If you do care about actual criminal law analysis, here's a piece I just wrote for The Athletic about the Michael Bennett case.
Great to hear from you, Bix! I thought of you when I heard about Bennett's adventure in Houston. It got a lot of coverage here since the Eagles just signed him. They're also rehashing Bennett's adventure in Vegas.

Thanks. /driveby. Yeah, I don't really like to write about these things and prefer to write straight NFL stuff, but I do it because there's few who can. After the arrest, everyone in the office was texting to see who had his case.

ghostjmf

#75 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:11 pm

For the record, it was not Oldernow, whoever that is/was, who posted that they didn't miss the rich jerks on the Concorde who had to get somewhere an hour faster than everybody else so much so that the $5,000.00 or whatever they paid for their ticket was worth it. I exempted the children aboard, who didn't make that decision, & the crew. And anyone who was flying fast to do surgery only they could do, though there was no such person(s) reported on the flight that crashed.

The Concorde hit something on the ground, news told us, that had fallen off a Continental plane. I did not put it there.