Grandma Melly, Paging Grandma Melly

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Grandma Melly, Paging Grandma Melly

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 am

What kind of Voodoo was in that Temple Owl anyway?

Li'l Spock, who has been a manager for the Division 1 NDSU Basketball team has an upcoming meeting (with other managers) with the Director of Basketball Operations about getting these guys more into the coaching side, if they are interested.

A path is opening up for him to be a D1 Assistant Coach and maybe higher eventually. He was born (or Voodooed?) to be basketball coach, pure and simple.

Our high school varsity coach has the conversational skills of a brick, but he told my folks this winter that he doesn't have to worry if he misses a game because the Spocks (plural) know all the plays. Littlest Spock (9th grade) has been the floor coach for his teams since 3rd Grade-he tells and points where everybody needs to be.

Now me, I can't tell if a team is playing man or zone (seriously).

Spock

Re: Grandma Melly, Paging Grandma Melly

#2 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 am

There are some cute 2008 Li'l Spock and the Spocklette pics with horses in my latest "The Smoke of the Sioux" post.

https://thesmokeofthesioux.blogspot.com ... books.html

Nothing cuter than a little girl with horses.

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 am

1) LOVE the pictures! Thanks for posting them.

2) I am thrilled for LIl Spock. He loves the game - and can carry it through to a life choice. And Littlest Spock!! All the influence of John Chaney Owl.

I am thrilled for this. :) :)

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:27 pm

mellytu74 wrote:1) LOVE the pictures! Thanks for posting them.

2) I am thrilled for LIl Spock. He loves the game - and can carry it through to a life choice. And Littlest Spock!! All the influence of John Chaney Owl.

I am thrilled for this. :) :)
This was a fun night for me-I have come out of the closet (so to speak) as a writer (or whatever you call it) over the last couple of days to the family. With "Sioux" I had to, as we will be taking some short trips to take pics and so forth.

However, the Spocklette had no clue that I had written "The Smoke of Africa" and she started reading it tonight-the obvious limitation of the format is that you have to scroll to the beginning to read it in order.

She got through the first 15 posts and was engrossed before other duties called and really did not even get to the pics yet and she said "It is really good." That was fun.

Now I just have to catch that story up to date before she catches up to me LOL.