9-year-old fatally shoots sister in fight over video game

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

9-year-old fatally shoots sister in fight over video game

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 am

ABERDEEN, Mississippi -- A Mississippi girl has died after her brother allegedly shot her in the head because she wouldn't hand over the controller of a video game.

WCBI-TV reported Sunday that Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the girl is dead.

Cantrell told local news outlets that the 9-year-old boy shot his 13-year-old sister in the back of the head. She was rushed to Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, but didn't survive.

Authorities say they don't yet know how the boy got the gun. The circumstances are still being investigated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Pastor Fireball

Re: 9-year-old fatally shoots sister in fight over video gam

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:Authorities say they don't yet know how the boy got the gun.
I'm not a police detective, but... maybe from his parents' bedroom? And I'm also guessing that the parents don't have a gun safe.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 am

If only we'd had a good nine-year-old with a gun there to stop the bad nine-year-old with a gun ...
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Authorities say they don't yet know how the boy got the gun.
I'm not a police detective, but... maybe from his parents' bedroom? And I'm also guessing that the parents don't have a gun safe.
So you're either psychic, or able to read one of many news reports containing this information as early as Monday afternoon.

A 9-year-old boy shot his older sister to death over a video game controller, sheriff says
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx